- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 691769, 9 pages
High-Speed Tactile Sensing for Array-Type Tactile Sensor and Object Manipulation Based on Tactile Information
1Department of Computer Science and Systems Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokkodai-cho, Nada-ku, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
2Hyogo Prefectural Institute of Technology, Hyogo 654-0037, Japan
3Maeda Precision Mfg, Co., Ltd., Kobe 650-0017, Japan
4Hiroshima International University, Kure 737-0112, Japan
5The Advanced Materials Processing Institute Kinki Japan, Hyogo 660-0083, Japan
Received 14 July 2011; Revised 11 October 2011; Accepted 18 October 2011
Academic Editor: Yangmin Li
Copyright © 2011 Wataru Fukui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Kaneko, F. Kanehiro, S. Kajita et al., “Design of prototype humanoid robotics platform for HRP,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2431–2436, October 2002.
- J. M. Hollerbach and S. C. Jacobsen, “Anthropomorphic robots and human interactions,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Humanoid Robots, pp. 83–91, 1996.
- D. Johnston, P. Zhang, J. Hollerbach, and S. Jacobsen, “A full tactile sensing suite for dextrous robot hands and use in contact force control,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation. Part 1 (of 4), pp. 3222–3227, April 1996.
- J. G. Wang and Y. Li, “Tracking control of a redundant manipulator with the assistance of tactile sensing,” Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 833–845, 2011.
- J. G. Wang and Y. Li, “Surface-tracking of a 5-DOF manipulator equipped with tactile sensors,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, pp. 2448–2453, 2010.
- T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, K. Yoshikawa, J. Takai, and S. Ito, “Anthropomorphic robot hand: gifu hand III,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Control Automation and Systems, pp. 1288–1293, 2002.
- T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, and K. Umebayashi, “Developments of new anthropomorphic robot hand and its master slave system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3474–3479, 2005.
- S. Ueki, H. Kawasaki, and T. Mouri, “Adaptive coordinated control of multi-fingered hands with rolling contact,” in Proceedings of the SICE Annual Conference, pp. 852–857, August 2005.
- H. Iwawata, T. Hayashi, Y. Shiozawa, et al., “Mechanism design of human mimetic robotic hands with passivity in skins and joints,” in Proceedings of the JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2008.
- D. Kikuchi, T. Kasai, H. Chyon, I. H. Kim, and S. Sugano, “Stabilizing handling controller using machine learning for anthropomorphic hands with passivity,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual Conference of the Robotic Society of Japan, 2009.
- M. Higashimori, H. Jeong, I. Ishii, A. Namiki, M. Ishikawa, and M. Kaneko, “Development of four-fingered robot hand with dual turning mechanism,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 813–881, 2006.
- H. Nakamoto, F. Kobayashi, N. Imamura, and H. Shirasawa, “Universal robot hand equipped with tactile and joint torque sensors (development and experiments on stiffness control and object recognition),” in Proceedings of the 10th World Multi-Conference on Systemics Cybernetics and Informatics, vol. 2, pp. 347–352, 2006.
- H. Nakamoto, F. Kobayashi, N. Imamura, H. Shirasawa, and F. Kojima, “Shape classification in continuous rotation manipulation by universal robot hand,” Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 178–184, 2009.
- Y. Saitou, F. Kobayashi, F. Kojima, et al., “Haptic feedback in universal robot hand tele-operation,” in Proceedings of the Joint 4th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 9th International Symposium on advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 1123–1128, 2008.
- N. Imamura, M. Kaneko, K. Yokoi, and K. Tanie, “Development of a two-fingered robot hand with compliance adjustment capability,” in Proceedings of the Symposium of Flexible Automation, pp. 997–1004, 1990.
- H. Nakamoto, F. Kobayashi, N. Imamura, H. Shirasawa, and F. Kojima, “Outer shape classification of object in rotation operation by universal robot hand using continuous dynamic programming (Mechanical Systems),” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, vol. 74, no. 746, pp. 2521–2527, 2008.
- Y. Sakaguchi, “Haptic sensing system with active perception,” Advanced Robotics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 263–283, 1994.
- B. Mishra, J. T. Schwartz, and M. Sharir, “On the existence and synthesis of multifinger positive grips,” Algorithmica, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 541–558, 1987.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison Wesley, 1989.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, 1975.