- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 858437, 8 pages
The Design of a Patient Transportation Robot's Lifting Arms Considering Comfort and Safety without the Presence of a Sheet
1Environment Friendly and Advanced Safety Vehicle Engineering, Graduate School of Automotive Engineering, Kookmin University, Jeongneung-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-702, Republic of Korea
2Automotive Engineering, College of Engineering, Kookmin University, Jeongneung-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-702, Republic of Korea
3Center of Bionics, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Hwarangno 14-gil 5, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-791, Republic of Korea
Received 7 September 2011; Accepted 28 September 2011
Academic Editor: Antonio Chella
Copyright © 2011 Yong-Hoon Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. L. Ki, Y. J. Jae, S. J. Doo, and K. L. Sung, “Activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living of elderlies in Chollabuk-do area,” Korea Association of Agriculture Medicine, vol. 25, pp. 65–83, 2000.
- S. P. Jang, “Development of the patient transportation robot,” KISTI, 2004.
- S. C. Park and S. J. Park, “A study on the biomechanical body segment parameters of Korea adults,” Korean Association of Physical Anthropologists, vol. 9, pp. 91–99, 1996.
- A. Kiefer, A. Shirazi-Adl, and M. Parnianpour, “Stability of the human spine in neutral postures,” European Spine Journal, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 45–53, 1997.
- S. Uchida, S. Komada, and J. Hirai, “A study about the posture and joint stiffness at stationary force control of human arm,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control (AMC '04), pp. 359–362, March 2004.
- W. H. Hsu, J. A. Fisk, Y. Yamamoto, R. E. Debski, and S. L. Y. Woo, “Differences in torsional joint stiffness of the knee between genders: a human cadaveric study,” The American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 765–770, 2006.
- Z. Horak, L. Jirkova, P. Tichy, and R. Sedlacek, “Experimental measurements of the lumbar spine stiffness,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Danubia-Adria Symposium on Experimental Methods in Solid Mechanics (DAS '05), Parma, Italy, 2005.
- L. Jirkova, Z. Horak, R. Sedlacek, et al., “Preliminary measurements of lumbar spine kinematics and stiffness,” in Proceedings of the 5th Australasian Congress on Applied Mechanics, Brisbane, Australia, December 2007.
- S. D. Lark, J. G. Buckley, S. Bennett, D. Jones, and A. J. Sargeant, “Joint torques and dynamic joint stiffness in elderly and young men during stepping down,” Clinical Biomechanics, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 848–855, 2003.
- R. C. Hibbeler, Mechanics of Materals, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle Ridge, NJ, USA, 5th edition, 2005.
- S. A. Jasbir, Introduction to Optimum Design, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2nd edition, 2004.