- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 590479, 14 pages
Partition Learning for Multiagent Planning
1Vehicle Dynamics Lab and Center for Collaborative Control of Unmanned Vehicles, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 6141 Etcheverry Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1740, USA
2Vehicle Dynamics Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 6141 Etcheverry Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1740, USA
Received 30 March 2012; Revised 27 July 2012; Accepted 10 August 2012
Academic Editor: Duško Katić
Copyright © 2012 Jared Wood and J. Karl Hedrick. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Bar-Shalom, Tracking and Data Association, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1987.
- Y. Bar-Shalom and X. R. Li, Multitarget-Multisensor Tracking: Principles and Techniques, YBS, Urbana, Ill, USA, 1995.
- S. S. Blackman and R. Popoli, Design and Analysis of Modern Tracking Systems, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 1999.
- L. Stone, Theory of Optimal Search, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- R. P. S. Mahler, Statistical Multisource-Multitarget Information Fusion, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2007.
- F. Bourgault, T. Furukawa, and H. Durrant-Whyte, “Optimal search fora lost target in a bayesian world,” in Field and Service Robotics, S. Yuta, H. Asama, E. Prassler, T. Tsubouchi, and S. Thrun, Eds., vol. 24 of Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics, pp. 209–222, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- C. M. Kreucher, A. O. Hero, K. D. Kastella, and M. R. Morelande, “An information-based approach to sensor management in large dynamic networks,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 978–999, 2007.
- B. Grocholsky, A. Makarenko, and H. Durrant-Whyte, “Information-theoretic coordinated control of multiple sensor platforms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '03), vol. 1, pp. 1521–1526, September 2003.
- G. M. Hoffmann and C. J. Tomlin, “Mobile sensor network control using mutual information methods and particle filters,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 32–47, 2010.
- J. Tisdale, Z. W. Kim, and J. K. Hedrick, “Autonomous UAV path planning and estimation: an online path planning framework for cooperative search and localization,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 35–42, 2009.
- F. Bourgault, T. Furukawa, and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, “Coordinated decentralized search for a lost target in a bayesian world,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, vol. 1, pp. 48–53, October 2003.
- A. D. Ryan, H. Durrant-Whyte, and J. K. Hedrick, “Information-theoretic sensor motion control for distributed estimation,” in Proceedings of the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE '07), November 2007.
- G. M. Mathews, H. Durrant-Whyte, and M. Prokopenko, “Decentralised decision making in heterogeneous teams using anonymous optimisation,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 310–3320, 2009, selected papers from IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration (MFI '06).
- J. G. Wood, B. Kehoe, and J. K. Hedrick, “Target estimate pdf-based optimal path planning algorithm with application to UAV systems,” in Proceedings of the Dynamic Systems and Control Conference (DSCC '10), pp. 749–756, ASME, September 2010.
- E. M. Wong, F. Bourgault, and T. Furukawa, “Multi-vehicle Bayesian search for multiple lost targets,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '05), pp. 3169–3174, April 2005.
- T. Furukawa, F. Bourgault, B. Lavis, and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, “Recursive Bayesian search-and-tracking using coordinated UAVs for lost targets,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '06), pp. 2521–2526, May 2006.
- J. Wood, Search and tracking of an unknown number of targets by a team of autonomous agents utilizing time-evolving partition classification [Ph.D. thesis], University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2011.
- J. Wood and J. K. Hedrick, “Space partitioning and classification for multi-target search and tracking by heterogeneous unmanned aerial system teams,” in Proceedings of the Infotech@Aerospace, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2011.
- I. R. Goodman, R. P. S. Mahler, and H. T. Nguyen, Mathematics of Data Fusion, Kluwer Academic, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- G. Mathew, A. Surana, and I. Mezić, “Uniform coverage control of mobile sensor networks for dynamic target detection,” in Proceedings of the 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC '10), pp. 7292–7299, December 2010.
- G. Mathew and I. Mezi, “Metrics for ergodicity and design of ergodic dynamics for multi-agent systems,” Physica D, vol. 240, no. 4-5, pp. 432–442, 2011.
- H. Chen, K. Chang, and C. S. Agate, “Tracking with UAV using tangent-plus-lyapunov vector field guidance,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Information Fusion, pp. 363–372, July 2009.
- M. Shanmugavel, A. Tsourdos, B. White, and R. Zbikowski, “Co-operative path planning of multiple UAVs using Dubins paths with clothoid arcs,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1084–1092, 2010.
- J. Lee, R. Huang, A. Vaughn et al., “Strategies of path-planning for a UAV to track a ground vehicle,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Symposium on Autonomous Intelligent Networks and Systems, 2003.
- S. C. Spry, A. R. Girard, and J. K. Hedrick, “Convoy protection using multiple unmanned aerial vehicles: organization and coordination,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '05), pp. 3524–3529, June 2005.
- A. Sinha, T. Kirubarajan, and Y. Bar-Shalom, “Autonomous ground target tracking by multiple cooperative UAVs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference, pp. 1–9, March 2005.
- P. Skoglar, Planning methods for aerial exploration and ground target tracking [Licentiate thesis], Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden, 2009.
- R. O. Duda, P. E. Hart, and D. G. Stork, Pattern Classification, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- M. Godwin and J. K. Hedrick, “Stochastic approximation of an online vehicle routing problem for autonomous aircraft,” Infotech@Aerospace Conference, 2011.
- M. Alighanbari and J. P. How, “A robust approach to the UAV task assignment problem,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 118–134, 2008.
- Z. Kim and R. Sengupta, “Target detection and position likelihood using an aerial image sensor,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '08), pp. 59–64, May 2008.
- R. Sengupta, J. Connors, B. Kehoe, Z. Kim, T. Kuhn, and J. Wood, “Autonomous search and rescue with ScanEagle,” Tech. Rep., 2010, prepared for Evergreen Unmanned Systems and Shell International Exploration and Production Inc.
- J. Garvey, B. Kehoe, B. Basso et al., “An autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle system for sensing and tracking,” in Proceedings of the Infotech@Aerospace Conference, 2011.