- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 634758, 15 pages
Smart Localization Using a New Sensor Association Framework for Outdoor Augmented Reality Systems
Laboratoire IBISC, EA 4526, Université d'Evry-Val-d'Essonne, 40 rue du Pelvoux, 91020 Evry, France
Received 17 February 2012; Revised 28 May 2012; Accepted 15 June 2012
Academic Editor: Huosheng Hu
Copyright © 2012 F. Ababsa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Vieville, F. Romann, B. Hotz et al., “Autonomous navigation of a mobile robot using inertial and visual cues,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 360–367, July 1993.
- S. You, U. Neumann, and R. Azuma, “Orientation tracking for outdoor augmented reality registration,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 36–42, 1999.
- M. Ribo, P. Lang, H. Ganster, M. Brandner, C. Stock, and A. Pinz, “Hybrid tracking for outdoor augmented reality applications,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 54–63, 2002.
- J. D. Hol, T. B. Schön, F. Gustafsson, and P. J. Slycke, “Sensor fusion for augmented reality,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Information Fusion, pp. 1–6, Florence, Italy, July 2006.
- F. Ababsa, “Advanced 3D localization by fusing measurements from GPS, inertial and vision sensors,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC ’09), pp. 871–875, San Antonio, Tex, USA, October 2009.
- G. Bleser and D. Stricker, “Advanced tracking through efficient image processing and visual-inertial sensor fusion,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Virtual Reality (VR '08), pp. 137–144, March 2008.
- F. Ababsa, J. Y. Didier, M. Mallem, and D. Roussel, “Head motion prediction in augmented reality systems using Monte Carlo particle filters,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexixtance (ICAT ’03), pp. 83–88, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
- F. E. Ababsa and M. Mallem, “Hybrid three-dimensional camera pose estimation using particle filter sensor fusion,” Advanced Robotics, vol. 21, no. 1-2, pp. 165–181, 2007.
- G. Reitmayr and T. W. Drummond, “Initialisation for visual tracking in urban environments,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR '07), Nara, Japan, November 2007.
- Z. Hu, U. Keiichi, H. Lu, and F. Lamosa, “Fusion of vision, 3D gyro and GPS for camera dynamic registration,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '04), pp. 351–354, Washington, DC, USA, August 2004.
- M. Aron, G. Simon, and M. O. Berger, “Use of inertial sensors to support video tracking,” Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 57–68, 2007.
- M. Maidi, F. Ababsa, and M. Mallem, “Vision-inertial tracking system for robust fiducials registration in augmented reality,” in Proceedings of IEEE Symposium Computational Intelligence for Multimedia Signal and Vision Processing (CIMSVP '09), pp. 83–90, Nashville, Tenn, USA, April 2009.
- D. G. Lowe, “Fitting parameterized three-dimensional models to images,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 441–450, 1991.
- R. M. Haralick, H. Joo, C. N. Lee, X. Zhuang, V. G. Vaidya, and M. B. Kim, “Pose estimation from corresponding point data,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1426–1446, 1989.
- G. Bleser and D. Stricker, “Advanced tracking through efficient image processing and visual-inertial sensor fusion,” Computers and Graphics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 59–72, 2009.
- D. G. Lowe, “Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 91–110, 2004.
- C. Harris, Tracking with Rigid Models, Active Vision, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1993.
- M. A. Fischler and R. C. Bolles, “Random sample consensus: a paradigm for model fitting with applications to image analysis and automated cartography,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 381–395, 1981.
- C. Tomasi and T. Kanade, “Detection and tracking of point features,” Carnegie Mellon University Technical report CMU-CS-91-132, 1991.
- O. D. Faugeras and G. Toscani, “Camera calibration for 3D computer vision,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Industrial Applications of Machine Vision and Machine Intelligence, pp. 240–247, 1987.
- C. Williams, “Prediction with Gaussian processes: from linear regression to linear prediction and beyond,” Tech. Rep., Neural Computing Research Group, 1997.
- S. DiVerdi and T. Höllerer, “GroundCam: a tracking modality for mobile mixed reality,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Virtual Reality (VR '07), pp. 75–82, March 2007.
- F. Ababsa and M. Mallem, “Robust camera pose estimation combining 2D/3D points and lines tracking,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE '08), pp. 774–779, Cambridge, UK, July 2008.
- F. Ababsa and M. Mallem, “A robust circular fiducial detection technique and real-time 3D camera tracking,” Journal of Multimedia, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 34–41, 2008.
- J. Y. Didier, F. Ababsa, and M. Mallem, “Hybrid camera pose estimation combining square fiducials localisation technique and orthogonal iteration algorithm,” International Journal of Image and Graphics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 169–188, 2008.