- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 783543, 11 pages
Improving the Performance Metric of Wireless Sensor Networks with Clustering Markov Chain Model and Multilevel Fusion
1Departmant of ICT, Faculty of Engineering and Science, University of Agder, 4898 Grimstad, Norway
2Department of Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Science, University of Agder, 4898 Grimstad, Norway
Received 17 October 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Ligang Wu
Copyright © 2013 Saeed Havedanloo and Hamid Reza Karimi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- IEEE Std 802.15.4-2996, September, Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control(MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), IEEE, 2006, http://www.ieee802.org/15.
- P. Park, P. Di Marco, P. Soldati, C. Fischione, and K. H. Johansson, “A generalized Markov chain model for effective analysis of slotted IEEE 802.15.4,” in Proceedings of IEEE 6th International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '09), pp. 130–139, October 2009.
- M.-H. Zayani, V. Gauthier, and D. Zeghlache, “A joint model for IEEE 802.15.4 physical and medium access control layers,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC '11), Istanbul, Turkey, 2011.
- G. Zhou, Z. Zhu, G. Chen, and L. Zhou, “Decision fusion rules based on multi-bit knowledge of local sensors in wireless sensor networks,” Information Fusion, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 187–193, 2011.
- G. Ferrari, P. Medagliani, M. Martalò, and A. Muzzini, “Zigbee sensor networks with data fusion,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Communications, Control, and Signal Processing (ISCCSP '08), pp. 472–477, March 2008.
- G. Ferrari, M. Martalò, and R. Pagliari, “Decentralized detection in clustered sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 959–973, 2011.
- M. Martalò, C. Buratti, G. Ferrari, and R. Verdone, “Decentralized detection in IEEE 802.15.4 wireless sensor networks,” Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2010, article 3, Article ID 174063, 10 pages, 2010.
- M. Martalò and G. Ferrari, “A simple information-theoretic analysis of clustered sensor networks with decentralized detection,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 560–562, 2010.
- M. Martal and G. Ferrari, “Decoding and fusion in distributed detection schemes with unreliable communications,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 16–26, 2012.
- G. Ferrari, P. Medagliani, S. Di Piazza, and M. Martalò, “Wireless sensor networks: performance analysis in indoor scenarios,” Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2007, Article ID 81864, 2007.
- H. Chen, B. Chen, and P. K. Varshney, “A new framework for distributed detection with conditionally dependent observations,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 1409–1419, 2012.
- M. Z. Zamalloa and B. Krishnamachari, “An analysis of unreliability and asymmetry in low-power wireless links,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 3, no. 2, Article ID 1240227, 2007.
- P. Park, P. Di Marco, C. Fischione, and K. H. Johansson, Adaptive IEEE 802.15.4 Protocol for Reliable and Timely Communications, KTH, 2009.
- P. Park, C. Fischione, and K. H. Johansson, “Adaptive IEEE 802.15.4 protocol for energy efficient, reliable and timely communications,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '10), pp. 327–338, ACM, April 2010.
- S. Jin, W. Yue , and Q. Sun, “Performance analysis of the sleep/wakeup protocol in a wireless sensor network,” International Journal of Innovative Computing Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 3833–3844, 2012.
- M. I. Razzak, B. A. Elmogy, M. K. Khan, and K. Alghathbar, “Efficient distributed face recognition in wireless sensor network,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 2811–2822, 2012.
- R. Verdone, D. Dardari, G. Mazzini, and A. Conti , Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks,Technology, Analysis, Design, chapter 9, Academic Press, 2007.
- C. Buratti, “Performance analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 beacon-enabled mode,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 2031–2045, 2010.
- F. Kojima and J. S. Knopp, “Inverse problem for electromagnetic propagation in a dielectric medium using Markov chain Monte Carlo method,” International Journal of Innovative Computing Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 2339–2346, 2012.
- H. R. Karimi, “Robust filter design for uncertain linear systems over network with network-induced delays and output quantization,” Modeling, Identification and Control, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 27–37, 2009.
- H. R. Karimi and H. Gao, “New delay-dependent exponential synchronization for uncertain neural networks with mixed time delays,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 173–185, 2010.
- X. Su, L. Wu, and P. Shi, “Senor networks with random link failures: distributed filtering for T-S fuzzy systems,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. In press.
- L. Wu, X. Su, and P. Shi, “Sliding mode control with bounded gain performance of Markovian jump singular time-delay systems,” Automatica, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1929–1933, 2012.
- H. R. Karimi, “Robust delay-dependent control of uncertain time-delay systems with mixed neutral, discrete, and distributed time-delays and Markovian switching parameters,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. I. Regular Papers, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 1910–1923, 2011.
- L. Wu, X. Yao, and W. X. Zheng, “Generalized fault detection for two-dimensional Markovian jump systems,” Automatica, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1741–1750, 2012.
- R. Yang, P. Shi, G.-P. Liu, and H. Gao, “Network-based feedback control for systems with mixed delays based on quantization and dropout compensation,” Automatica, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 2805–2809, 2011.
- L. Wu, P. Shi, and H. Gao, “State estimation and sliding-mode control of Markovian jump singular systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1213–1219, 2010.