- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 674256, 11 pages
The Reporter System for GPCR Assay with the Fission Yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, B-2 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8501, Japan
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editors: J. R. Blazquez and M. De Angelis
Copyright © 2012 Shintaro Sasuga and Toshiya Osada. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Iiri, Z. Farfel, and H. R. Bourne, “G-protein diseases furnish a model for the turn-on switch,” Nature, vol. 394, no. 6688, pp. 35–38, 1998.
- L. Buck and R. Axel, “A novel multigene family may encode odorant receptors: a molecular basis for odor recognition,” Cell, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 175–187, 1991.
- J. S. Gutkind, “The pathways connecting G protein-coupled receptors to the nucleus through divergent mitogen-activated protein kinase cascades,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 273, no. 4, pp. 1839–1842, 1998.
- V. Sarramegna, F. Talmont, P. Demange, and A. Milon, “Heterologous expression of G-protein-coupled receptors: comparison of expression systems from the standpoint of large-scale production and purification,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 1529–1546, 2003.
- K. Yoshikawa and K. Touhara, “Myr-Ric-8A enhances Gα15-mediated Ca2+ response of vertebrate olfactory receptors,” Chemical Senses, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 15–23, 2009.
- Z. Cheng, D. Garvin, A. Paguio, P. Stecha, K. Wood, and F. Fan, “Luciferase reporter assay system for deciphering GPCR pathways,” Current Chemical Genomics, vol. 4, pp. 84–91, 2010.
- J. Kempf, L. A. Snook, J.-L. Vonesch, T. E. S. Dahms, F. Pattus, and D. Massotte, “Expression of the human μ opioid receptor in a stable Sf9 cell line,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 181–187, 2002.
- S. A. Chasse and H. G. Dohlman, “Identification of yeast pheromone pathway modulators by high-throughput agonist response profiling of a yeast gene knockout strain collection,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 389, pp. 399–409, 2004.
- J. Minic, M.-A. Persuy, E. Godel et al., “Functional expression of olfactory receptors in yeast and development of a bioassay for odorant screening,” FEBS Journal, vol. 272, no. 2, pp. 524–537, 2005.
- G. Ladds, K. Davis, E. W. Hillhouse, and J. Davey, “Modified yeast cells to investigate the coupling of G protein-coupled receptors to specific G proteins,” Molecular Microbiology, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 781–792, 2003.
- Y. Giga-Hama and H. Kumagai, “Expression system for foreign genes using the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 235–244, 1999.
- M. G. Lee and P. Nurse, “Complementation used to clone a human homologue of the fission yeast cell cycle control gene cdc2,” Nature, vol. 327, no. 6117, pp. 31–35, 1987.
- H. Mukaiyama, H. Tohda, and K. Takegawa, “Overexpression of protein disulfide isomerases enhances secretion of recombinant human transferrin in Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 1135–1143, 2010.
- K. Takegawa, H. Tohda, M. Sasaki et al., “Production of heterologous proteins using the fission-yeast (Schizosaccharomyces pombe) expression system,” Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 227–235, 2009.
- A. Idiris, K. Bi, H. Tohda, H. Kumagai, and Y. Giga-Hama, “Construction of a protease-deficient strain set for the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe, useful for effective production of protease-sensitive heterologous proteins,” Yeast, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 83–99, 2006.
- P. Sander, S. Grünewald, H. Reiländer, and H. Michel, “Expression of the human D2S dopamine receptor in the yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Schizosaccharomyces pombe: a comparative study,” FEBS Letters, vol. 344, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 1994.
- S. Arkinstall, M. Edgerton, M. Payton, and K. Maundrell, “Co-expression of the neurokinin NK2 receptor and G-protein components in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” FEBS Letters, vol. 375, no. 3, pp. 183–187, 1995.
- R. M. Welton and C. S. Hoffman, “Glucose monitoring in fission yeast via the gpa2 Gα, the git5 Gβ and the git3 putative glucose receptor,” Genetics, vol. 156, no. 2, pp. 513–521, 2000.
- O. Nielsen and J. Davey, “Pheromone communication in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” Seminars in Cell and Developmental Biology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 95–104, 1995.
- Y. Harigaya and M. Yamamoto, “Molecular mechanisms underlying the mitosis-meiosis decision,” Chromosome Research, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 523–537, 2007.
- S. S. Y. Su, Y. Tanaka, I. Samejima, K. Tanaka, and M. Yanagida, “A nitrogen starvation-induced dormant G0 state in fission yeast: the establishment from uncommitted G1 state and its delay for return to proliferation,” Journal of Cell Science, vol. 109, no. 6, pp. 1347–1357, 1996.
- K. Kitamura and C. Shimoda, “The Schizosaccharomyces pombe mam2 gene encodes a putative pheromone receptor which has a significant homology with the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Ste2 protein,” The EMBO Journal, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 3743–3751, 1991.
- Y. Imai and M. Yamamoto, “The fission yeast mating pheromone P-factor: its molecular structure, gene structure, and ability to induce gene expression and G1 arrest in the mating partner,” Genes & Development, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 328–338, 1994.
- Y. Xue-Franzén, S. Kjærulff, C. Holmberg, A. Wright, and O. Nielsen, “Genomewide identification of pheromone-targeted transcription in fission yeast,” BMC Genomics, vol. 7, article 303, 2006.
- C. S. Hoffman and F. Winston, “Glucose repression of transcription of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe fbp1 gene occurs by a cAMP signaling pathway,” Genes & Development, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 561–571, 1991.
- S. Sasuga, R. Abe, O. Nikaido et al., “Interaction between pheromone and its receptor of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe examined by a force spectroscopy study,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 804793, 7 pages, 2012.
- K. Okazaki, N. Okazaki, K. Kume, S. Jinno, K. Tanaka, and H. Okayama, “High-frequency transformation method and library transducing vectors for cloning mammalian cDNAs by trans-complementation of Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 6485–6489, 1990.
- S. Watt, J. Mata, L. López-Maury, S. Marguerat, G. Burns, and J. Bähler, “urg1: A uracil-regulatable promoter system for fission yeast with short induction and repression times,” PLoS One, vol. 3, no. 1, Article ID e1428, 2008.
- T. Morita and K. Takegawa, “A simple and efficient procedure for transformation of Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” Yeast, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 613–617, 2004.
- J. Mata and J. Bähler, “Global roles of Ste11p, cell type, and pheromone in the control of gene expression during early sexual differentiation in fission yeast,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 42, pp. 15517–15522, 2006.
- L. Malquori, L. Carsetti, and G. Ruberti, “The 3′ UTR of the human CTLA4 mRNA can regulate mRNA stability and translational efficiency,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1779, no. 1, pp. 60–65, 2008.
- T. Maeda, N. Mochizuki, and M. Yamamoto, “Adenylyl cyclase is dispensable for vegetative cell growth in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 87, no. 20, pp. 7814–7818, 1990.
- G. Basi, E. Schmid, and K. Maundrell, “TATA box mutations in the Schizosaccharomyces pombe nmt1 promoter affect transcription efficiency but not the transcription start point or thiamine repressibility,” Gene, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 131–136, 1993.
- A. Matsuyama, A. Shirai, and M. Yoshida, “A series of promoters for constitutive expression of heterologous genes in fission yeast,” Yeast, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 371–376, 2008.
- H. Tohda, H. Okada, Y. Giga-Hama, H. Okayama, and H. Kumagai, “A copy-number-controlled expression vector for the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” Gene, vol. 150, no. 2, pp. 275–280, 1994.
- K. Ikesugi, R. Yamamoto, M. L. Mulhern, and T. Shinohara, “Role of the unfolded protein response (UPR) in cataract formation,” Experimental Eye Research, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 508–516, 2006.
- M. Yamamoto, “The selective elimination of messenger RNA underlies the mitosis-meiosis switch in fission yeast,” Proceedings of the Japan Academy B, vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 788–797, 2010.
- H. Mukaiyama, M. Nakase, T. Nakamura, Y. Kakinuma, and K. Takegawa, “Autophagy in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe,” FEBS Letters, vol. 584, no. 7, pp. 1327–1334, 2010.