- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 219706, 12 pages
Diabetic Ketoacidosis-Associated Stroke in Children and Youth
1Critical Care Medicine and Paediatrics, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 5W9
2Children's Health Research Institute, London, ON, Canada N6C 2V5
3Centre for Critical Illness Research, London, ON, Canada N6C 2V5
4Clinical Neurological Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 3K7
5Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 3K7
6Translational Research Centre, London, ON, Canada N6C 2V5
Received 8 October 2010; Revised 12 November 2010; Accepted 4 December 2010
Academic Editor: Halvor Naess
Copyright © 2011 Jennifer Ruth Foster et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ildiko H. Koves, and Catherine Pihoker, “Pediatric diabetic ketoacidosis management in the era of standardization,” Expert Review of Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 433–443, 2012.
- Rahul K. Mishra, Kenneth M. Nugent, Nabeel Dar, and Joaquin Lado-Abeal, “Multiple Ischemic Infarctions, Pulmonary Edema, and Acute Renal Failure During an Episode of Diabetic Ketoacidosis in an Adult,” ICU Director, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 85–90, 2012.
- Monica S. Vavilala, “Treating Cerebral Edema in Diabetic Ketoacidosis: Caveats in Extrapolating From Traumatic Brain Injury,” Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 723–724, 2013.
- Taylor E. Close, Gediminas Cepinskas, Tatsushi Omatsu, Keeley L. Rose, Kelly Summers, Eric K. Patterson, and Douglas D. Fraser, “Diabetic Ketoacidosis Elicits Systemic Inflammation Associated with Cerebrovascular Endothelial Cell Dysfunction,” Microcirculation, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 534–543, 2013.
- Zohreh Shoar, Christopher Dunne, William Yorns, Francesco De Luca, and Geoffrey Rezvani, “Diabetic ketoacidosis with cerebral hemorrhage and alpha coma in an adolescent female,” Journal Of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 26, no. 5-6, pp. 561–564, 2013.
- Th Thai Hoa Tran, Ibrahim Al-Harfi, Christopher C. Harle, Walter H. A. Kahr, Gavin C. Morrison, and Alik Kornecki, “Coagulation Assessment in Children With Diabetic Ketoacidosis,” Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 256–260, 2013.
- James P. Marcin, Robert Gosselin, and Paul Holland, “Hypercoagulability Among Pediatric Patients With Diabetic Ketoacidosis: The Clot Thickens,” Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 325–326, 2013.
- Georgeanna J. Klingensmith, Roy W. Beck, William V. Tamborlane, Jamie Wood, Michael J. Haller, Janet Silverstein, Eda Cengiz, Satya Shanmugham, Craig Kollman, and Siew Wong-Jacobson, “Diabetic ketoacidosis at diabetes onset: Still an all too common threat in youth,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 330–e1, 2013.
- Jason B. Hack, “Hyperglycemic Crisis,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 797–805, 2013.
- Hamed S. Habib, “Moyamoya disease presenting with ischemic stroke in association with diabetic ketoacidosis,” Journal of Pediatric Neurology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 39–42, 2013.
- Ayla Guven, Suna Hancili, Elif Y. Karatoprak, and Bulent Tasel, “Symptomatic cerebral infarction in a child with severe diabetic ketoacidosis,” Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 27, no. 9-10, pp. 1001–1004, 2014.
- Preeti Kanikarla-Marie, and Sushil K. Jain, “L-Cysteine supplementation reduces high-glucose and ketone-induced adhesion of monocytes to endothelial cells by inhibiting ROS,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 391, no. 1-2, pp. 251–256, 2014.
- Tatsushi Omatsu, Gediminas Cepinskas, Cheril Clarson, Eric K. Patterson, Ibrahim M. Alharfi, Kelly Summers, Pierre-Olivier Couraud, Ignacio A. Romero, Babette Weksler, and Douglas D. Fraser, “CXCL1/CXCL8 (GRO alpha/IL-8) in human diabetic ketoacidosis plasma facilitates leukocyte recruitment to cerebrovascular endothelium in vitro,” American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 306, no. 9, pp. E1077–E1084, 2014.