- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Stroke Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 819340, 10 pages
Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Spreading Depolarizations and Impaired Neurovascular Coupling
1Department of Pharmacology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405-0068, USA
2Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Department of Radiology, Stroke Service and Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
3Gonda Multidisciplinary Brain Research Center, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan 52990, Israel
Received 27 December 2012; Accepted 8 February 2013
Academic Editor: Ryszard M. Pluta
Copyright © 2013 Masayo Koide et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sheng Chen, Hua Feng, Prativa Sherchan, Damon Klebe, Gang Zhao, Xiaochuan Sun, Jianmin Zhang, Jiping Tang, and John H. Zhang, “Controversies and Evolving New Mechanisms in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage,” Progress in Neurobiology, 2013.
- Mark Connolly, Paul Vespa, Nader Pouratian, Nestor R. Gonzalez, and Xiao Hu, “Characterization of the Relationship Between Intracranial Pressure and Electroencephalographic Monitoring in Burst-Suppressed Patients,” Neurocritical Care, 2014.
- Katharina Eikermann-Haerter, “Spreading Depolarization May Link Migraine and Stroke,” Headache, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1146–1157, 2014.
- Lars Edvinsson, Stine Schmidt Larsen, Aida Maddahi, and Janne Nielsen, “Plasticity of Cerebrovascular Smooth Muscle Cells After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage,” Translational Stroke Research, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 365–376, 2014.
- V. Muoio, P. B. Persson, and M. M. Sendeski, “The neurovascular unit - concept review,” Acta Physiologica, vol. 210, no. 4, pp. 790–798, 2014.
- Jason M. Hinzman, Norberto Andaluz, Lori A. Shutter, David O. Okonkwo, Clemens Pahl, Anthony J. Strong, Jens P. Dreier, and Jed A. Hartings, “Inverse neurovascular coupling to cortical spreading depolarizations in severe brain trauma,” Brain, vol. 137, pp. 2960–2972, 2014.
- Hao-Liang Xu, Maggie Garcia, Fernando Testai, Francesco Vetri, Alexandra Barabanova, Dale A. Pelligrino, and Chanannait Paisansathan, “Pharmacologic blockade of vascular adhesion protein-1 lessens neurologic dysfunction in rats subjected to subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Brain Research, vol. 1586, pp. 83–89, 2014.