- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
The Scientific World Journal
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 925310, 4 pages
Transapical Approach for Mitral Valve Repair during Insertion of a Left Ventricular Assist Device
1Section of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
2Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Barnabas Health Heart Centers, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, 201 Lyons Avenue, Suite G5, Newark, NJ 07112, USA
3Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Received 11 April 2013; Accepted 16 June 2013
Academic Editors: X. Ai and Y. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Mark J. Russo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Klotz and H. H. Scheld, “Surgical approach to end-stage heart failure,” Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 86–91, 2011.
- F. Maisano, L. Torracca, M. Oppizzi et al., “The edge-to-edge technique: a simplified method to correct mitral insufficiency,” European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 240–246, 1998.
- S. K. Bhudia, P. M. McCarthy, N. G. Smedira, B. K. Lam, J. Rajeswaran, and E. H. Blackstone, “Edge-to-edge (Alfieri) mitral repair: results in diverse clinical settings,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 1598–1606, 2004.
- O. Santana and J. Lamelas, “Minimally invasive transaortic repair of the mitral valve,” Heart Surgery Forum, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. E232–E236, 2011.
- M. N. Kavarana, N. M. Edwards, M. M. Levinson, and M. C. Oz, “Transaortic repair of mitral regurgitation,” The Heart Surgery Forum, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 24–28, 2000.
- P. M. McCarthy, R. C. Starling, J. Wong et al., “Early results with partial left ventriculectomy,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 755–765, 1997.
- R. John, K. Liao, F. Kamdar, P. Eckman, A. Boyle, and M. Colvin-Adams, “Effects on pre- and posttransplant pulmonary hemodynamics in patients with continuous-flow left ventricular assist devices,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 447–452, 2010.