- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 213043, 11 pages
FPGA Implementation of an Amplitude-Modulated Continuous-Wave Ultrasonic Ranger Using Restructured Phase-Locking Scheme
1DA-IICT, Department of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382007, India
2Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Department of Electrical Engineering, Chennai 600036, India
Received 30 May 2009; Revised 9 September 2009; Accepted 8 December 2009
Academic Editor: Ethan Farquhar
Copyright © 2010 P. Sumathi and P. A. Janakiraman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C.-Y. Lee, H.-G. Choi, J.-S. Park, K.-Y. Park, and S.-R. Lee, “Collision avoidance by the fusion of different beam-width ultrasonic sensors,” in Proceedings of IEEE Sensors Conference, pp. 985–988, October 2007.
- G. Hueber, T. Ostermann, T. Bauernfeind, R. Raschhofer, and R. Hagelauer, “New approach of ultrasonic distance measurement technique in robot applications,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Signal Processing (WCCC-ICSP '00), vol. 3, pp. 2066–2069, August 2000.
- O. Manolov, Sv. Noikov, P. Bison, and G. Trainito, “Indoor mobile robot control for environment information gleaning,” in Proceedings of IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 602–607, October 2000.
- A. Nemecek, K. Oberhauser, and H. Zimmermann, “Distance measurement sensor with PIN-photodiode and bridge circuit,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 391–397, 2006.
- D. Marioli, C. Narduzzi, C. Offelli, D. Petri, E. Sardini, and A. Taroni, “Digital time-of-flight measurement for ultrasonic sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 93–97, 1992.
- C.-C. Tong, J. F. Figueroa, and E. Barbieri, “A method for short or long range time-of-flight measurements using phase-detection with an analog circuit,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1324–1328, 2001.
- M. Parrilla, J. J. Anaya, and C. Fritsch, “Digital signal processing techniques for high accuracy ultrasonic range measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 759–763, 1991.
- F. E. Gueuning, M. Varlan, C. E. Eugene, and P. Dupuis, “Accurate distance measurement by an autonomous ultrasonic system combining time-of-flight and phase-shift methods,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1236–1240, 1997.
- H. Hua, Y. Wang, and D. Yan, “A low-cost dynamic range-finding device based on amplitude-modulated continuous ultrasonic wave,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 362–367, 2002.
- P. Sumathi and P. A. Janakiraman, “Sliding DFT based ultrasonic ranger,” in Proceedings of the 51st Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS '08), pp. 862–865, Knoxville, Tenn, USA, August 2008.
- P. Sumathi and P. A. Janakiraman, “A new demodulation scheme for AM signals based on sliding DFT,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Modeling and Simulation (Ms '07), vol. 2, pp. 861–865, AMSE, December 2007.
- P. Sumathi and P. A. Janakiraman, “Integrated phase-locking scheme for SDFT-based harmonic analysis of periodic signals,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 51–55, 2008.
- M. T. Hill and A. Cantoni, “A digital implementation of a frequency steered phase locked loop,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 818–824, 2000.
- P. Molson, “Accelerating intellectual property design flow using Simulink for system on a programmable chip,” in Proceedings of the 35th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, vol. 1, pp. 454–457, November 2001.
- E. Jacobsen and R. Lyons, “The sliding DFT,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 74–80, 2003.
- C. S. Turner, “Recursive discrete-time sinusoidal oscillators,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 103–111, 2003.
- H. Alasady and M. Ibnkahla, “Design and hardware implementation of look-up table predistortion on ALTERA stratix DSP board,” in Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE '08), pp. 1535–1538, Niagara Falls, Canada, May 2008.
- C. Siriteanu, S. D. Blostein, and J. Millar, “FPGA-based communications receivers for smart antenna array embedded systems,” EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems, vol. 2006, Article ID 81309, 13 pages, 2006.
- R. X. Gu and M. I. Elmasry, “Power dissipation analysis and optimization of deep submicron CMOS digital circuits,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 707–713, 1996.
- J. J. Leonard and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, “Mobile robot localization by tracking geometric beacons,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 376–382, 1991.