- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 731957, 10 pages
SoC: A Real Platform for IP Reuse, IP Infringement, and IP Protection
Advanced Computing and Microelectronics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata 700108, India
Received 12 October 2010; Revised 4 January 2011; Accepted 24 January 2011
Academic Editor: Shiyan Hu
Copyright © 2011 Debasri Saha and Susmita Sur-Kolay. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Rajsuman, System-On-a-Chip, Artech House, London, UK, 2009.
- W. Wolf, Modern VLSI Design: IP-Based Design, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- S. Raif and K. Arno, Reuse Techniques for VLSI Design, Kluwer Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1999.
- R. Seepold and N. M. Madrid, Virtual Components Design and Reuse, Kluwer Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2000.
- D. Mathaikutty and S. Shukla, Metamodelling-Driven IP Reuse for SoC Integration and Microprocessor Design, Artech House, London, UK, 2009.
- G. Qu and M. Potkonjak, Intellectual Property Protection in VLSI Designs: Theory and Practice, Kluwer Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2003.
- D. Saha, P. Dasgupta, S. Sur-Kolay, and S. Sen-Sarma, “A novel scheme for encoding and watermark embedding in VLSI physical design for IP protection,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing: Theory and Applications (ICCTA '07), pp. 111–116, March 2007.
- A. B. Kahng, J. Lach, W. H. Mangione-Smith et al., “Constraint-based watermarking techniques for design IP protection,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1236–1252, 2001.
- A.-R. Sadeghi and D. Naccache, Towards Hardware-Intrinsic Security: Foundations and Practice, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- E. Charbon and I. H. Torunoglu, “On intellectual property protection invited paper,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC '00), pp. 517–522, May 2000.
- A. Menezes, P. V. Oorschot, and S. Vanstone, Handbook of Applied Cryptography, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- W. Adi, R. Ernst, B. Soudan, and A. Hanoun, “VLSI design exchange with intellectual property protection in FPGA environment using both secret and public-key cryptography,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Annual Symphosium on VLSI (ISVLSI '06), pp. 24–32, 2006.
- D. Saha and S. Sur-Kolay, “Encoding of floorplans through deterministic perturbation,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on VLSI Design, pp. 315–320, January 2009.
- J. A. Roy, F. Koushanfar, and I. L. Markov, “Protecting bus-based hardware IP by secret sharing,” in Proceedings of the 45th Design Automation Conference (DAC '08), pp. 846–851, June 2008.
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, N. Kiyavash, and M. Potkonjak, “Trusted integrated circuits: a nondestructive hidden characteristics extraction approach,” Proceedings of the Information Hiding, pp. 112–117, 2008.
- Y. Alkabani and F. Koushanfar, “Active hardware metering for intellectual property protection and security,” in Proceedings of the USENIX Security Symphosium, pp. 291–306, 2007.
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, and M. Potkonjak, “Remote activation of ICs for privacy prevention and digital right management,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on CAD, pp. 674–677, 2007.
- R. S. Chakraborty and S. Bhunia, “HARPOON: an obfuscation-based SoC design methodology for hardware protection,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1493–1502, 2009.
- J. M. Granado-Criado, M. A. Vega-Rodríguez, J. M. Sánchez-Pérez, and J. A. Gómez-Pulido, “A new methodology to implement the AES algorithm using partial and dynamic reconfiguration,” Integration, the VLSI Journal, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 72–80, 2010.
- Z. Dyka and P. Langendoerfer, “Area efficient hardware implementation of elliptic curve cryptography by iteratively applying karatsubas method,” in Proceedings of the Design Automation and Test in Europe, vol. 3, pp. 70–75, 2005.
- D. Suzuki, M. Saeki, and T. Ichikawa, “Random Switching Logic: A Counter-Measure against DPA based on Transition Probability,” ePrint Archive, 2004.
- E. Prouff and R. McEvoy, “First-order side-channel attack on the permutation table countermeasures,” in Proceedings of the Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems, pp. 81–96, 2009.
- D. Deng, A. H. Chan, and G. Edward Suh, “Hardware authentication leveraging performance limits in detailed simulations and emulations,” in Proceedings of the 46th Design Automation Conference (DAC '09), pp. 682–687, 2009.
- E. Castillo, U. Meyer-Baese, A. García, L. Parrilla, and A. Lloris, “IPP@HDL: efficient intellectual property protection scheme for IP cores,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 578–591, 2007.
- A. T. Abdel-Hamid, S. Tahar, and EL. M. Aboulhamid, “A public-key watermarking technique for IP designs,” in Proceedings of the Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE '05), pp. 330–335, March 2005.
- D. Saha and S. Sur-Kolay, “A unified approach for IP protection across design phases in a packaged chip,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on VLSI Design, pp. 105–110, January 2010.
- M. Majzoobi and F. Koushanfar, “Techniques for design and Implementation of secure reconfigurable PUFs,” ACM Transactions on Reconfigurable Technology and Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, article 5, 2009.
- D. Agrawal, S. Baktir, D. Karakoyunlu, P. Rohatgi, and B. Sunar, “Trojan detection using IC fingerprinting,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (SP '07), pp. 296–310, May 2007.
- A. Cui, C. H. Chang, and S. Tahar, “IP watermarking using incremental technology mapping at logic synthesis level,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1565–1570, 2008.
- J. Lach, W. H. Mangione-Smith, and M. Potkonjak, “Fingerprinting techniques for field-programmable gate array intellectual property protection,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1253–1261, 2001.
- J. Gu, G. Qu, and Q. Zhou, “Information hiding for trusted system design,” in Proceedings of the 46th Design Automation Conference (DAC '09), pp. 698–701, July 2009.
- J. Li and J. Lach, “At-speed delay characterization for IC authentication and Trojan horse detection,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Hardware-Oriented Security and Trust (HOST '08), pp. 8–14, June 2008.
- M. Potkonjak, A. Nahapetian, M. Nelson, and T. Massey, “Hardware trojan horse detection using gate-level characterization,” in Proceedings of the 46th Design Automation Conference (DAC '09), pp. 688–693, July 2009.
- S. Wei, S. Meguerdichian, and M. Potkonjak, “Gate-level characterization: foundations and hardware security applications,” in Proceedings of the Design Automation Conference (DAC '10), pp. 222–227, 2010.
- S. Dutt and L. Li, “Trust-based design and check of FPGA circuits using two-level randomize ECC structure,” ACM Transactions on Reconfigurable Technology and Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, 2009.
- M. Potkonjak, “Synthesis of trustable ICs using untrusted CAD tools,” in Proceedings of the Design Automation Conference, pp. 633–634, 2010.
- T. Nie and M. Toyonaga, “An efficient and reliable watermarking system for IP Protection,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. E90-A, no. 9, pp. 1932–1939, 2007.