- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 574541, 16 pages
Optimal Control Policies of Pests for Hybrid Dynamical Systems
1School of Mathematical Sciences, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, Liaoning 116024, China
2Department of Mathematics, Anshan Normal University, Anshan, Liaoning 114007, China
Received 12 May 2013; Accepted 29 July 2013
Academic Editor: Sanyi Tang
Copyright © 2013 Baolin Kang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Finch and R. H. Collier, “Integrated pest management in field vegetable crops in northern Europe—with focus on two key pests,” Crop Protection, vol. 19, no. 8-10, pp. 817–824, 2000.
- M. P. Bange, S. A. Deutscher, D. Larsen, D. Linsley, and S. Whiteside, “A handheld decision support system to facilitate improved insect pest management in Australian cotton systems,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 131–147, 2004.
- V. Bisignanesi and M. S. Borgas, “Models for integrated pest management with chemicals in atmospheric surface layers,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 201, no. 1, pp. 2–10, 2007.
- S. M. Hashemi, S. M. Hosseini, and C. A. Damalas, “Farmers' competence and training needs on pest management practices: participation in extension workshops,” Crop Protection, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 934–939, 2009.
- J. F. Strand, “Some agrometeorological aspects of pest and disease management for the 21st century,” Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, vol. 103, no. 1-2, pp. 73–82, 2000.
- J. M. Yorobe, R. M. Rejesus, and M. D. Hammig, “Insecticide use impacts of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Farmer Field Schools: evidence from onion farmers in the Philippines,” Agricultural Systems, vol. 104, no. 7, pp. 580–587, 2011.
- B. Liu, Y. J. Zhang, and L. S. Chen, “The dynamical behaviors of a Lotka-Volterra predator-prey model concerning integrated pest management,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 227–243, 2005.
- Y. J. Zhang, B. Liu, and L. S. Chen, “Dynamical behavior of Volterra model with mutual interference concerning IPM,” Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 143–155, 2004.
- B. Liu, Y. J. Zhang, and L. Chen, “The dynamical behaviors of a Lotka-Volterra predator-prey model concerning integrated pest management,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 227–243, 2005.
- X. Meng, J. Jiao, and L. Chen, “The dynamics of an age structured predator-prey model with disturbing pulse and time delays,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 547–561, 2008.
- X. Meng, Z. Song, and L. Chen, “A new mathematical model for optimal control strategies of integrated pest management,” Journal of Biological Systems, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 219–234, 2007.
- J.-J. Jiao and L.-S. Chen, “Nonlinear incidence rate of a pest management SI model with biological and chemical control concern,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 541–551, 2007.
- B. Liu, Z. D. Teng, and L. Chen, “Analysis of a predator-prey model with Holling II functional response concerning impulsive control strategy,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 347–362, 2006.
- S. Tang, G. Tang, and R. A. Cheke, “Optimum timing for integrated pest management: modelling rates of pesticide application and natural enemy releases,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 264, no. 2, pp. 623–638, 2010.
- H. K. Baek, “Qualitative analysis of Beddington-DeAngelis type impulsive predator-prey models,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1312–1322, 2010.
- D. T. Dimitrov and H. V. Kojouharov, “Complete mathematical analysis of predator-prey models with linear prey growth and Beddington-DeAngelis functional response,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 523–538, 2005.
- R. K. Naji and A. T. Balasim, “On the dynamical behavior of three species food web model,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1636–1648, 2007.
- B. Ermentrout, Simulating: Analyzing and Animating Dynamical Systems: A Guide to XPPAUT for Researchers and Students, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2002.
- M. Genkai-Kato and N. Yamamura, “Unpalatable prey resolves the paradox of enrichment,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 266, no. 1425, pp. 1215–1219, 1999.
- D. D. Baĭnov and P. S. Simeonov, Impulsive Differential Equations: Periodic Solutions and Applications, vol. 66 of Pitman Monographs and Surveys in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Longman Scientific, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- D. D. Bainov and P. S. Simeonov, System With Impulsive Effect: Stability, Theory and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- V. Lakshmikantham, D. D. Baĭnov, and P. S. Simeonov, Theory of Impulsive Differential Equations, World Scientific, London, UK, 1989.
- E. E. Werner and D. Hall, “Optimal foraging and the size selection of prey by the bluegill sunfish (Lepomis macrochirus),” Ecology, vol. 55, pp. 1216–1232, 1974.
- J. R. Ruberson, H. Nemoto, and Y. Hirose, “Pesticides and conservation of natural enemies in pest management,” in Conservation Biological Control, P. Barbosa, Ed., pp. 207–220, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- H. Wang, “Spreading speeds and traveling waves for non-cooperative reaction-diffusion systems,” Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 747–783, 2011.
- E. Teramoto, K. Kawasaki, and N. Shigesada, “Switching effect of predation on competitive prey species,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 303–315, 1979.