- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 301923, 14 pages
An Extensible Dialogue Script for a Robot Based on Unification of State-Transition Models
1National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8568, Japan
2Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), 2-1-6 Sengen, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0047, Japan
Received 1 November 2009; Revised 23 February 2010; Accepted 17 May 2010
Academic Editor: Noriyasu Homma
Copyright © 2010 Yosuke Matsusaka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Iwahashi, “Language acquisition through a human-robot interface,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing (ICSLP '00), vol. 3, pp. 442–447, Beijing, China, 2000.
- D. Roy, “Grounded spoken language acquisition: experiments in word learning,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 197–209, 2003.
- A. L. Symeonidis, I. N. Athanasiadis, and P. A. Mitkas, “A retraining methodology for enhancing agent intelligence,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 388–396, 2007.
- T. Winograd, Understanding Natural Language, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- R. A. Brooks, “Intelligence without representation,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 47, no. 1–3, pp. 139–159, 1991.
- L. Kaelbling, “A situated-automata approach to the design of embedded agents,” ACM SIGART Bulletin, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 85–88, 1991.
- B. Yartsev, G. Korneev, A. Shalyto, and V. Kotov, “Automata-based programming of the reactive multi-agent control systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International conference on Integration of Knowledge Intensive Multi-Agent Systems (KIMAS '05), pp. 449–453, Waltham, Mass, USA, 2005.
- T. Kanda, H. Ishiguro, T. Ono, M. Imai, and R. Nakatsu, “Development and evaluation of an interactive humanoid robot Robovie,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1848–1855, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, May 2002.
- T. Kanda, M. Shiomi, Z. Miyashita, H. Ishiguro, and N. Hagita, “An affective guide robot in a shopping mall,” in Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction, pp. 173–180, La Jolla, Calif, USA, 2009.
- F. Huang, J. Yang, and A. Waibel, “Dialogue management for multimodal user registration,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing, vol. 3, pp. 37–40, Beijing, China, 2000.
- M. Denecke, “Informational characterization of dialogue states,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing, vol. 2, pp. 114–117, Beijing, China, 2000.
- SMC, “The State Machine Compiler,” http://smc.sourceforge.net/.
- “Voice Extensible Markup Language (VoiceXML) Version 2.0,” http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/.
- “NEC RoboStudio,” http://www.necst.co.jp/product/robot/.
- N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W. Yoon, “RT-middleware: distributed component middleware for RT (robot technology),” in Proceedings of theIEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3555–3560, Ibaraki, Japan, 2005.
- T. Kawahara, A. Lee, T. Kobayashi, et al., “Free software toolkit for Japanese large vocabulary continuous speech recognition,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Spoken Language Processing (ICSLP '00), vol. 4, pp. 476–479, Beijing, China, 2000.
- I. Hara, F. Asano, and F. Asano, “Robust speech interface based on audio and video information fusion for humanoid HRP-2,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '04), pp. 2404–2410, Sendai, Japan, October 2004.
- F. Asano, K. Yamamoto, and K. Yamamoto, “Detection and separation of speech event using audio and video information fusion and its application to robust speech interface,” EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2004, no. 11, pp. 1727–1738, 2004.
- Y. Matsusaka, H. Fujii, T. Okano, and I. Hara, “Health exercise demonstration robot TAIZO and effects of using voice command in robot-human collaborative demonstration,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, pp. 472–477, Toyama, Japan, 2009.
- J. McCarthy and P. J. Hayes, “Some philosophical problems from the standpoint of artificial intelligence,” Machine Intelligence, vol. 4, pp. 463–502, 1969.
- M. Gleicher, “Retargetting motion to new characters,” in Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, pp. 33–42, ACM, Orlando, FLa, USA, July 1998.
- M. Sipser, Introduction to the Theory of Computation, PWS Publishing, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- “Reusable Dialog Components (RDC) Tag Library,” http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/rdc-doc/.
- A. Bouajjani, J. Esparza, and O. Maler, “Reachability analysis of pushdown automata: application to model-checking,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Concurrency Theory, pp. 135–150, Warsaw, Poland, 1997.
- H. Asoh, Y. Motomura, I. Hara, S. Akaho, S. Hayamizu, and T. Matsui, “Combining probabilistic map and dialog for robust life-long office navigation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 807–818, Maui, Hawaii, USA, 1996.