Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 767959, 4 pages
Cost-Effective Paramagnetic Bead Technique for Purification of Cycle Sequencing Products
1Gastroenteritis and Respiratory Viruses Laboratory Branch, Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
2Biotechnology Core Facility Branch, Division of Scientific Resources, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Received 1 June 2012; Revised 23 August 2012; Accepted 29 August 2012
Academic Editor: Jose M. Requena
Copyright © 2012 Slavica Mijatovic-Rustempasic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Mathies and X. C. Huang, “Capillary array electrophoresis: an approach to high-speed, high-throughput DNA sequencing,” Nature, vol. 359, pp. 167–169, 1992.
- N. Rusk, “Torrents of sequence,” Nature Methods, vol. 8, no. 1, p. 44, 2011.
- M. Margulies, M. Egholm, W. E. Altman, et al., “Genome sequencing in microfabricated high-density picolitre reactors,” Nature, vol. 437, no. 7057, pp. 376–380, 2005.
- X. Tong and L. M. Smith, “Solid-phase method for the purification of DNA sequencing reactions,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 64, no. 22, pp. 2672–2677, 1992.
- X. Tong and L. M. Smith, “Solid phase purification in automated DNA sequencing,” DNA Sequence, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 151–162, 1993.
- J. Sambrook, D. Russell, and eds, Eds., Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, Cold Sring Harbor Laboratory Press, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2001.
- W. Warren and J. Doniger, “HPLC purification of polymerase chain reaction products for direct sequencing,” BioTechniques, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 216–220, 1991.
- O. Salas-Solano, M. C. Ruiz-Martinez, E. Carrilho, L. Kotler, and B. L. Karger, “A sample purification method for rugged and high-performance DNA sequencing by capillary electrophoresis using replaceable polymer solutions. B. Quantitative determination of the role of sample matrix components on sequencing analysis,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 1528–1535, 1998.
- M. C. Ruiz-Martinez, O. Salas-Solano, E. Carrilho, L. Kotler, and B. L. Karger, “A sample purification method for rugged and high-performance DNA sequencing by capillary electrophoresis using replaceable polymer solutions. A. Development of the cleanup protocol,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 1516–1527, 1998.
- R. R. Pogue, M. E. Cook, L. R. Livingstone, and S. W. Hunt III, “Preparation of template for automated sequencing using QIAGEN resin,” BioTechniques, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 376–381, 1993.
- C. J. Elkin, H. Kapur, T. Smith et al., “Magnetic bead purification of Labeled DNA fragments for high-throughput capillary electrophoresis sequencing,” BioTechniques, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1296–1300, 2002.
- G. Fry, E. Lachenmeier, E. Mayrand et al., “A new approach to template purification for sequencing applications using paramagnetic particles,” BioTechniques, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 124–131, 1992.
- B. K. Das, J. R. Gentsch, H. G. Cicirello et al., “Characterization of rotavirus strains from newborns in New Delhi, India,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1820–1822, 1994.
- J. R. Gentsch, R. I. Glass, P. Woods et al., “Identification of group A rotavirus gene 4 types by polymerase chain reaction,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1365–1373, 1992.
- M. Iturriza-Gómara, B. Isherwood, U. Desselberger, and J. Gray, “Reassortment in vivo: driving force for diversity of human rotavirus strains isolated in the United Kingdom between 1995 and 1999,” Journal of Virology, vol. 75, no. 8, pp. 3696–3705, 2001.