Journal of Atomic and Molecular Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 451715, 4 pages
Generation of Multiple Focal Hole Segments Using Double-Ring Shaped Azimuthally Polarized Beam
1Department of Physics, Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu 636 011, India
2Department of Physics, Chikkanna Government Arts College, Trippur, Tamilnadu 641 602, India
3Department of Physical Optics, Institute of Applied Optics, 04894 Warsaw, Poland
4National Institute of Telecommunications, 04894 Warsaw, Poland
Received 17 July 2012; Revised 4 January 2013; Accepted 18 February 2013
Academic Editor: Mark D. Havey
Copyright © 2013 K. Lalithambigai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Friedman, A. Kaplan, and N. Davidson, “Dark optical traps for cold atoms,” Advances in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, vol. 48, pp. 99–151, 2002.
- T. Cizmar, L. C. D. Romero, K. Dholakia, and D. L. Andrews, “Multiple optical trapping and binding: new routes to self-assembly,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 43, Article ID 102001, 2010.
- T. Watanabe, Y. Iketaki, T. Omatsu, K. Yamamoto, M. Sakai, and M. Fuji, “Two point separation in super-resolution fluorescence microscope based on up-conversion fluorescence depletion technique,” Optics Express, vol. 11, pp. 3271–3276, 2003.
- J. Garcia-Sucerquia, F. F. Medina, and G. Matteucci, “Optical tubular structures produced by diffraction of circular apertures,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 61–70, 2004.
- W. Chen and Q. Zhan, “Three-dimensional focus shaping with cylindrical vector beams,” Optics Communications, vol. 265, pp. 411–417, 2006.
- N. Bokor and N. Davidson, “Generation of a hollow dark spherical spot by focusing of a radially polarized Laguerre-Gaussian beam,” Optics Letters, vol. 31, pp. 149–151, 2006.
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, W. C. Cheong, X. C. Yuan et al., “Design and fabrication of a double-axicon for generation of tailorable self-imaged three-dimensional intensity voids,” Optics Letters, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 987–989, 2006.
- J. Arlt and M. J. Padgett, “Generation of a beam with a dark focus surrounded by regions of higher intensity: the optical bottle beam,” Optics Letters, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 191–193, 2000.
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X. C. Yuan, and S. H. Tao, “Transfer of “pure” on-axis spin angular momentum to the absorptive particle using self-imaged bottle beam optical tweezers system,” Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 21, pp. 5172–5177, 2004.
- D. Yelin, B. E. Bouma, and G. J. Tearney, “Generating an adjustable three-dimensional dark focus,” Optics Letters, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 661–663, 2004.
- J. X. Pu, X. Y. Liu, and S. Nemoto, “Partially coherent bottle beams,” Optics Communications, vol. 252, pp. 7–11, 2005.
- L. Isenhower, W. Williams, A. Dally, and M. Saffman, “Atom trapping in an interferometrically generated bottle beam trap,” Optics Letters, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1159–1161, 2009.
- P. Xu, X. He, J. Wang, and M. Zhan, “Trapping a single atom in a blue detuned optical bottle beam trap,” Optics Letters, vol. 35, no. 13, pp. 2164–2166, 2010.
- V. G. Shvedov, A. V. Rode, Y. V. Izdebskaya, A. S. Desyatnikov, W. Krolikowski, and Y. S. Kivshar, “Selective trapping of multiple particles by volume speckle field,” Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 3137–3142, 2010.
- B. Tian and J. Pu, “Tight focusing of a double-ring-shaped, azimuthally polarized beam,” Optics Letters, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 2014–2016, 2011.
- K. Lalithambigai, P. Suresh, V. Ravi et al., “Generation of sub wavelength super-long dark channel using high NA lens axicon,” Optics Letters, vol. 37, pp. 999–1001, 2012.
- B. Richards and E. Wolf, “Electromagnetic diffraction in optical systems—II. Structure of the image field in an aplanatic system,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 253, no. 1274, pp. 358–379, 1959.
- K. S. Youngworth and T. G. Brown, “Focusing of high numerical aperture cylindrical-vector beams,” Optics Express, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 77–87, 2000.
- K. B. Rajesh, N. V. Suresh, P. M. Anbarasan, K. Gokulakrishnan, and G. Mahadevan, “Tight focusing of double ring shaped radially polarized beam with high NA lens axicon,” Optics & Laser Technology, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 1037–1040, 2011.
- G. H. Yuan, S. B. Wei, and X.-C. Yuan, “Nondiffracting transversally polarized beam,” Optics Letters, vol. 36, pp. 3479–3481, 2011.
- X. Gao, S. Hu, and J. Wang, “Optical manipulation of azimuthally polarized beam altered by phase plate,” IEEE Computer Society, vol. 163, pp. 657–661, 2008.