Journal of Atomic and Molecular Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 791353, 7 pages
Improving Anaerobic Digestion of Wheat Straw by Plasma-Assisted Pretreatment
1Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
2Department of Geochemistry, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS), Øster Voldgade, 1327 Copenhagen K, Denmark
3Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
4Masdar Institute, P.O. Box 54224, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Received 12 February 2013; Accepted 27 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jayr de Amorim Filho
Copyright © 2013 Stefan Heiske et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Chengming Zhang, Jihong Li, Chen Liu, Xiaoling Liu, Jianlong Wang, Shizhong Li, Guifang Fan, and Lei Zhang, “Alkaline pretreatment for enhancement of biogas production from banana stem and swine manure by anaerobic codigestion,” Bioresource Technology, 2013.
- Ivo Achu Nges, Bing Wang, Zhifang Cui, and Jing Liu, “Digestate liquor recycle in minimal nutrients-supplemented anaerobic digestion of wheat straw,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, 2014.
- Han Gao, Yaniv D. Scherson, and George F. Wells, “Towards energy neutral wastewater treatment: methodology and state of the art,” Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1223, 2014.
- Rodolfo Travaini, Judit Martín-Juárez, Ana Lorenzo-Hernando, and Silvia Bolado-Rodríguez, “Ozonolysis: an advantageous pretreatment for lignocellulosic biomass revisited,” Bioresource Technology, 2015.
- Cristiane A.N. Xavier, Verónica Moset, Radziah Wahid, and Henrik B. Møller, “The efficiency of shredded and briquetted wheat straw in anaerobic co-digestion with dairy cattle manure,” Biosystems Engineering, vol. 139, pp. 16–24, 2015.
- Zsofia Kadar, N. Schultz-Jensen, J. S. Jensen, Mads A. T. Hansen, Frank Leipold, and Anne-Belinda Bjerre, “Enhanced ethanol production by removal of cutin and epicuticular waxes of wheat straw by plasma assisted pretreatment,” Biomass & Bioenergy, vol. 81, pp. 26–30, 2015.
- Serena Croce, Qiao Wei, Giuliana D'Imporzano, Renjie Dong, and Fabrizio Adani, “Anaerobic digestion of straw and corn stover: The effect of biological process optimization and pre-treatment on total bio-methane yield and energy performance,” Biotechnology Advances, 2016.
- Silvia Bolado-Rodríguez, Cristina Toquero, Judit Martín-Juárez, Rodolfo Travaini, and Pedro Antonio García-Encina, “Effect of thermal, acid, alkaline and alkaline-peroxide pretreatments on the biochemical methane potential and kinetics of the anaerobic digestion of wheat straw and sugarcane bagasse,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 201, pp. 182–190, 2016.
- Jens Vanneste, Thijs Ennaert, Annick Vanhulsel, and Bert Sels, “Unconventional Pretreatment of Lignocellulose with Low-Temperature Plasma,” ChemSusChem, 2016.
- Muhammad Awais, Merlin Alvarado-Morales, Panagiotis Tsapekos, Muhammad Gulfraz, and Irini Angelidaki, “Methane Production and Kinetic Modeling for Co-digestion of Manure with Lignocellulosic Residues,” Energy & Fuels, 2016.
- Xiaowei Peng, Ivo Achu Nges, and Jing Liu, “Improving methane production from wheat straw by digestate liquor recirculation in continuous stirred tank processes,” Renewable Energy, vol. 85, pp. 12–18, 2016.