Journal of Atomic and Molecular Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 798398, 5 pages
Forbidden Transitions in the Ground State Configuration of Doubly Ionized Argon
Department of Physics, Sakarya University, 54187 Sakarya, Turkey
Received 24 October 2013; Revised 27 December 2013; Accepted 27 December 2013; Published 9 February 2014
Academic Editor: Predrag S. Krstic
Copyright © 2014 Leyla Özdemir et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Zou and C. F. Fischer, “Multiconfiguration Dirac-Hartree-Fock calculations of the forbidden transitions between 3s2 1S0, 3s3p 3P0,1,2, 1P1 states for Mg-like ions,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 915–931, 2001.
- E. B. Saloman and Y.-K. Kim, “Effects of configuration mixing in M1 and E2 transitions between ground-state terms of sulfurlike ions,” Physical Review A, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 577–583, 1988.
- E. Träbert, “Atomic lifetime measurements with ion traps of many sizes,” Physica Scripta, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 257–286, 2000.
- I. Bowen, Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 55–81, 1936.
- E. Träbert and G. Gwinner, “(M1 + E2) decay rate in Ar2+ ions measured at a heavy-ion storage ring,” Physical Review A, vol. 65, no. 1, Article ID 014501, 4 pages, 2001.
- V. Stancalie, V. F. Pais, and A. Mihailescu, “Fine-structure splitting calculation in the Ar III ion: comparison of perturbative (Breit-Pauli) and non-perturbative (MCDF-EAL) predictions,” European Physical Journal D, vol. 66, no. 3, Article ID 20665, 15 pages, 2012.
- M. Burger, M. Skočić, M. Gavrilov, S. Bukvić, and S. Djeniže, “Experimental transition probabilities in the Ar III and Ar IV UV spectra,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer, vol. 113, no. 13, pp. 1662–1688, 2012.
- M. Celik, “Spectral measurements of inductively coupled and helicon discharge modes of a laboratory argon plasma source,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 149–155, 2011.
- G. Lotito, T. Nelis, P. Guillot, and D. Günther, “Characterization of argon metastable species as function of time, space, and current of a pulsed dc glow discharge,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. 619–626, 2011.
- Q. L. Ma, V. Motto-Ros, W. Q. Lei et al., “Temporal and spatial dynamics of laser-induced aluminum plasma in argon background at atmospheric pressure: interplay with the ambient gas,” Spectrochimica Acta B, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 896–907, 2010.
- G. Kühn, F. Könemann, and M. Kock, “The role of Ar III in quantitative spectroscopy on hot argon plasmas,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 102–110, 2007.
- W. B. Bridges and A. N. Chester, “Visible and UV laser oscillation at 118 wavelengths in ionized neon, argon, krypton, xenon, oxygen and other gases,” Applied Optics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 573–580, 1965.
- P. K. Cheo and H. G. Cooper, “Ultraviolet ion laser transitions between 2300 and 4000 Å,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1862–1865, 1965.
- NIST, http://physics.nist.gov/asd3.
- S. J. Czyak and T. K. Krueger, “Forbidden transition probabilities for some P, S, Cl, and Ar ions,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 126, pp. 177–194, 1963.
- A. M. Naqvi, Mutual magnetic interaction in p-electron configurations (with calculations of transition probabilities and astrophysical applications) [Ph.D. thesis], Harvard University, 1951.
- I. S. Bowen, “Wave lengths of forbidden nebular lines II,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 1960.
- I. I. Bowen, “Wave lengths of forbidden nebular lines,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 121, no. 6, pp. 306–311, 1955.
- D. M. Kelly and J. H. Lacy, “Accurate wavenumbers for mid-infrared fine-structure lines,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 454, no. 2, pp. L161–L164, 1995.
- H. Feuchtgruber, D. Lutz, and D. A. Beintema, “New rest wavelength determinations for seven mid-infrared fine-structure lines by ISO-SWS,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 221–224, 2001.
- A. G. Calamai and C. E. Johnson, “Radiative lifetimes of several metastable states of doubly and triply ionized Ar, Kr, and Xe,” Physical Review A, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 7792–7799, 1992.
- E. Biémont and J. E. Hansen, “Forbidden transitions in 3p4 and 4p4 configurations,” Physica Scripta, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 116–130, 1986.
- M. H. Prior, “Radiative decay rates of metastable Ar III and Cu II ions,” Physical Review A, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 3051–3056, 1984.
- C. Mendoza and C. J. Zeippen, “Transition probabilities for forbidden lines in the 3p4 configuration, III,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 202, pp. 981–986, 1983.
- E. Träbert, “Level lifetimes dominated by electric-dipole forbidden decay rates in the ground configuration of doubly charged rare gas ions (Ne2+, Ar2+, Kr2+ and Xe2+),” Physica Scripta, vol. 85, no. 4, Article ID 048101, 6 pages, 2012.
- S. Pasternack, “Transition probabilities of forbidden lines,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 129–155, 1940.
- S. Pasternack, “Transition probabilities for some forbidden lines of astrophysical interest,” Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, vol. 51, pp. 160–162, 1939.
- F. R. T. Luna, F. Bredice, G. H. Cavalcanti, and A. G. Trigueiros, “Weighted oscillator strengths and lifetimes for the Ar III spectrum,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 171–188, 2001.
- T. Nandi, A. P. Mishra, and B. N. Jagatap, “Observation of transitions involving core-excited states in Ar III and Ar IV and high-lying singly excited states in Ar I–Ar IV,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 112, no. 18, pp. 2771–2778, 2011.
- P. R. Young, U. Feldman, and A. Lobel, “Forbidden and intercombination lines of RR Telescopii: wavelength measurements and energy levels,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 196, no. 2, article 23, 2011.
- S. Djeniže and S. Bukvić, “Transition probabilities of several transitions in the Ar III and Ar IV spectra,” Astronomy & Astrophysics, vol. 365, no. 2, pp. 252–257, 2001.
- C. F. Fischer, G. Tachiev, and A. Irimia, “Relativistic energy levels, lifetimes, and transition probabilities for the sodium-like to argon-like sequences,” Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 607–812, 2006.
- H.-S. Chou, J.-Y. Chang, Y.-H. Chang, and K.-N. Huang, “Energy-level scheme and transition probabilities of S-like ions,” Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 77–145, 1996.
- D. A. Verner, E. M. Verner, and G. J. Ferland, “Atomic data for permitted resonance lines of atoms and ions from H to Si, and S, Ar, Ca, and Fe,” Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 1–180, 1996.
- E. B. Saloman, “energy levels and observed spectral lines of ionized argon, Ar II through Ar XVIII,” Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data, vol. 39, no. 3, Article ID 033101, 163 pages, 2010.
- C. T. Johnson and A. E. Kingston, “Electron impact excitation of the 3s23p4 levels of Ar III,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 23, no. 19, pp. 3393–3405, 1990.
- J. M. Munoz Burgos, S. D. Loch, C. P. Ballance, and R. F. Boivin, “Electron-impact excitation of Ar2+,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 500, no. 3, pp. 1253–1261, 2009.
- C. F. Fischer, T. Brage, and P. Jönsson, Computational Atomic Structure—An MCHF Approach, Institute of Physics Publishing, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1997.
- C. F. Fischer, “MCHF atomic-structure package,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 635–636, 2000.
- C. E. Moore, Atomic Energy Levels as Derived from the Analyses of Optical Spectra, vol. 467 of National Bureau of Standards Circular, U.S. Department of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards, Washington, DC, USA, 1949.