- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 512159, 12 pages
Soccer Ball Detection by Comparing Different Feature Extraction Methodologies
Istituto di Studi sui Sistemi Intelligenti per l'Automazione, CNR, Via G. Amendola 122/D, 70126 Bari, Italy
Received 30 May 2012; Accepted 26 August 2012
Academic Editor: Djamel Bouchaffra
Copyright © 2012 Pier Luigi Mazzeo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. H. Hung, C. H. Hsieh, C. M. Kuo, and J. S. Pan, “Generalized playfield segmentation of sport videos using color features,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 987–1000, 2011.
- K. Choi and Y. Seo, “Automatic initialization for 3D soccer player tracking,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1274–1282, 2011.
- X. Gao, Z. Niu, D. Tao, and X. Li, “Non-goal scene analysis for soccer video,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 540–548, 2011.
- A. Watve and S. Sural, “Soccer video processing for the detection of advertisement billboards,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 994–1006, 2008.
- J. Liu, X. Tong, W. Li, T. Wang, Y. Zhang, and H. Wang, “Automatic player detection, labeling and tracking in broadcast soccer video,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 103–113, 2009.
- M. Leo, N. Mosca, P. Spagnolo, P. L. Mazzeo, T. D'Orazio, and A. Distante, “A visual framework for interaction detection in soccer matches,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 499–530, 2010.
- A. Ekin, A. M. Tekalp, and R. Mehrotra, “Automatic soccer video analysis and summarization,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 796–807, 2003.
- Z. Theodosiou, A. Kounoudes, N. Tsapatsoulis, and M. Milis, “MuLVAT: a video annotation tool based on XML-dictionaries and shot clustering,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science (ICANN), vol. 5769, no. 2, pp. 913–922, 2009.
- T. D'Orazio and M. Leo, “A review of vision-based systems for soccer video analysis,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 2911–2926, 2010.
- V. Pallavi, J. Mukherjee, A. K. Majumdar, and S. Sural, “Ball detection from broadcast soccer videos using static and dynamic features,” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 426–436, 2008.
- X. Yu, H. W. Leong, C. Xu, and Q. Tian, “Trajectory-based ball detection and tracking in broadcast soccer video,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1164–1178, 2006.
- J. Ren, J. Orwell, G. A. Jones, and M. Xu, “Tracking the soccer ball using multiple fixed cameras,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 633–642, 2009.
- T. D'Orazio, C. Guaragnella, M. Leo, and A. Distante, “A new algorithm for ball recognition using circle Hough transform and neural classifier,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 393–408, 2004.
- M. Leo, T. D'Orazio, P. Spagnolo, P. L. Mazzeo, and A. Distante, “Sift based ball recognition in soccer images,” in Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on Image and Signal Processing (ICISP '08), pp. 263–272, 2008.
- S. Mallat, A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, AP Professional, London, UK, 1997.
- I. T. Jolliffe, Principal Component Analysis, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- D. G. Lowe, “Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 91–110, 2004.
- J. Canny, “A computational approach to edge detection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 679–698, 1986.
- I. Tošić and P. Frossard, “Dictionary learning,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 27–38, 2011.
- F. Colas and P. Brazdil, “Comparison of SVM and some older classification algorithms in text classification tasks,” IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, vol. 217, pp. 169–178, 2006.
- P. A. Flach and N. Lachiche, “Naive Bayesian classification of structured data,” Machine Learning, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 233–269, 2004.
- J. B. MacQueen, “Some methods for classification and analysis of multivariate observations,” in Proceedings of the 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, vol. 1, pp. 281–297, 1967.