- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 238984, 8 pages
Oxidation of Tetracaine Hydrochloride by Chloramine-B in Acid Medium: Kinetic Modeling
1Department of Chemistry, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Kumbalagodu, Bangalore 560 074, India
2Department of Chemistry, Bangalore University, Central College, Bangalore 560 001, India
Received 20 August 2013; Revised 22 October 2013; Accepted 5 November 2013; Published 10 February 2014
Academic Editor: Francesco Paolucci
Copyright © 2014 Jayachamarajapura Pranesh Shubha and Puttaswamy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Ashutosh, Medicinal Chemistry, Wiley Eastern, New Delhi, India, 1993.
- C. O. Wilson, O. Gisvold, and R. F. Doerge, Wilson and Gisvold's Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, J. B. Lippincott, Toronto, Canada, 6th edition, 1971.
- M. J. Cousins, Cousins and Bridenbaugh's Neural Blockade in Clinical Anesthesia and Pain, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Toronto, Canada, 2008.
- M. M. Campbell and G. Johnson, “Chloramine T and related N-halogeno-N-metallo reagents,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 65–79, 1978.
- K. K. Banerji, B. Jayaram, and D. S. Mahadevappa, “Mechanistic aspects of oxidations by N-metallo-N-haloarylsulphonamides,” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 65–76, 1987.
- M. C. Agarwal and S. K. Upadhyay, “Mechanistic investigations involving chloramine-T,” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, vol. 49, pp. 13–18, 1990.
- X. L. Armesto, L. M. Canle, M. V. García, and J. A. Santaballa, “Aqueous chemistry of N-halo-compounds,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 453–460, 1998.
- E. E. Kolvari, A. Ghorbani-Choghamarani, P. Salehi, F. Shirini, and M. A. Zolfigol, “Application of N-halo reagents in organic synthesis,” Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 126–174, 2007.
- G. Akerloff, “Dielectric constants of some organic solvent-water mixtures at various temperatures,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 4125–4139, 1932.
- P. Puttaswamy, A. Sukhdev, and J. P. Shubha, “Kinetics and reactivities of ruthenium(III)- and osmium(VIII)-catalyzed oxidation of ornidazole with chloramine-T in acid and alkaline media: a mechanistic approach,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 310, no. 1-2, pp. 24–33, 2009.
- P. Puttaswamy, A. Sukhdev, and J. P. Shubha, “Palladium(II)-catalyzed oxidation of tranexamic acid by bromamine-B in alkaline medium and uncatalyzed reaction in acid medium: a study of kinetic and mechanistic chemistry,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 332, no. 1-2, pp. 113–121, 2010.
- A. R. V. Murthy and B. S. Rao, “Oxidation by chloramine-T. Part II. Redox potential of chloramine-T-sulfonamide systems,” Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Science, vol. 35, pp. 69–72, 1952.
- J. E. House, Principles of Chemical Kinetics, Academic Press, 2007.
- J. C. Morris, J. R. Salazar, and M. A. Winemann, “Equilibrium studies on N-chloro compounds. I. The ionization constant of N-chloro-p-toluenesulfonamide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 2036–2041, 1948.
- E. Bishop and V. J. Jennings, “Titrimetric analysis with chloramine-T-I. The status of chloramine-T as a titrimetric reagent,” Talanta, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 197–212, 1958.
- F. F. Hardy and J. P. Johnston, “The interaction of N-bromo-N-sodiobenzenesulphonamide (bromamine B) with p-nitrophenoxide ion,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 2, no. 6, pp. 742–746, 1973.
- K. Higuchi, K. Ikeda, and A. Hussain, “Mechanism and thermodynamics of chlorine transfer among organochlorinating agents. Part III. Autocatalytic pathway between N-chloro-succinimide and chloramine-T,” Journal of the Chemical Society B, pp. 1031–1036, 1968.
- C. J. Collins and N. S. Bowman, Isotope Effects in Chemical Reactions, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- A. Kohen and H. H. Limbach, Isotope Effects in Chemistry and Biology, CRC Press, Florida, Fla, USA, 2006.
- K. B. Wiberg, Physical Organic Chemistry, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1964.
- K. J. Laidler, Reaction Kinetics, Pergamon, New York, NY, USA, 1963.
- J. C. House, Principles of Chemical Kinetics, Wm. C. Brown, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- E. S. Amis, Solvent Effects on Reaction Rates and Mechanisms, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1966.
- E. A. Molewyn-Hughes, The Kinetics of Reaction in Solutions, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1947.
- E. A. Molewyn-Hughes, Physical Chemistry, Pergamon, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1961.