- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 208231, 18 pages
Analysis of a Microgrid under Transient Conditions Using Voltage and Frequency Controller
1Electrical Engineering Department, Maulana Azad National Institute (M.A.N.I.T), Deemed University, Bhopal (M.P.) 462052, India
2Electrical and Electronic Department of Engineering, Oriental college of science and technology (O.I.S.T), R.G.P.V University, Bhopal (M.P.) 462021, India
Received 24 May 2012; Revised 21 September 2012; Accepted 5 October 2012
Academic Editor: Pavol Bauer
Copyright © 2012 Monika Jain et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Lasseter, “Microgrids (distributed power generation),” in Proceedings of IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, vol. 1, pp. 146–149, Columbus, Ohio, USA, February 2001.
- Y. Uno, G. Fujita, R. Yokoyama, M. Matubara, T. Toyoshima, and T. Tsukui, “Evaluation of micro-grid supply and demand stability for different interconnections,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Power and Energy Conference (PECon '06), pp. 612–617, November 2006.
- F. Katiraei, M. R. Iravani, and P. W. Lehn, “Micro-grid autonomous operation during and subsequent to islanding process,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 248–257, 2005.
- Y. Wei Li, D. M. Vilathgamuwa, and P. Chiang Loh, “A grid-interfacing power quality compensator for three-phase three-wire microgrid applications,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1021–1031, 2006.
- N. Pogaku, M. Prodanović, and T. C. Green, “Modeling, analysis and testing of autonomous operation of an inverter-based microgrid,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 613–625, 2007.
- C. X. Wu, F. S. Wen, and Y. L. Lou, “The existed problems and possible solutions of micro-grid based on distributed generation,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Deregulation and Restructuring and Power Technologies (DRPT '08), pp. 2763–2768, April 2008.
- B. Adhikary, B. Ghimire, and P. Karki, “Interconnection of two micro hydro units forming a mini-grid system using soft connection,” in Proceedings of IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON '09), November 2009.
- R. Majumder, B. Chaudhuri, A. Ghosh, R. Majumder, G. Ledwich, and F. Zare, “Improvement of stability and load sharing in an autonomous microgrid using supplementary droop control loop,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 796–808, 2010.
- S. V. Iyer, M. N. Belur, and M. C. Chandorkar, “Analysis and mitigation of voltage offsets in multi-inverter microgrids,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 354–363, 2011.
- C. Cho, J.-H. Jeon, J-Y. Kim, S. Kwon, K. Park, and S. Kim, “Active synchronizing control of a microgrid,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 3707–3719, 2011.
- C. V. Nayar, J. Perahia, F. Thomas, S. J. Phillips, T. Pryor, and W. L. James, “Investigation of capacitor-excited induction generators and permanent magnet alternators for small scale wind power generation,” Renewable Energy, vol. 1, no. 3-4, pp. 381–388, 1991.
- A. Chandra, B. Singh, B. N. Singh, and K. A. Haddad, “An improved control algorithm of shunt active filter for voltage regulation, harmonic elimination, power-factor correction, and balancing of nonlinear loads,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 495–507, 2000.
- B. Singh, G. Kasal, A. Chandra, and K. Haddad, “Battery based voltage and frequency controller for parallel operated isolated asynchronous generators,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE '07), pp. 883–888, June 2007.
- B. Singh and G. K. Kasal, “Voltage and frequency controller for a three-phase four-wire autonomous wind energy conversion system,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 509–518, 2008.
- P. K. Goel, B. Singh, S. S. Murthy, and N. Kishore, “Isolated wind-hydro hybrid system using cage generators and battery storage,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 1141–1153, 2011.
- M. D. Aderson and D. S. Carr, “Battery energy storage technology,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 475–479, 1993.
- M. Ceraolo, “New dynamical models of lead-acid batteries,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1184–1190, 2000.
- N. Jantharamin and L. Zhang, “A new dynamic model for lead-acid batteries,” in Proceedings of the 4th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD '08), pp. 86–90, April 2008.