- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 454873, 9 pages
Current Surgical Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hôpital Cantonal Fribourg, 1708 Fribourg, Switzerland
Received 14 August 2010; Revised 4 January 2011; Accepted 28 February 2011
Academic Editor: Annamaria Iagnocco
Copyright © 2011 Karolin Rönn et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [24 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gunter Spahn, Gunther O. Hofmann, and Hans M. Klinger, “The effects of arthroscopic joint debridement in the knee osteoarthritis: results of a meta-analysis,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1553–1561, 2012.
- Federico Cabitza, Vincenza Ragone, Paolo Arrigoni, Jón Karlsson, and Pietro Randelli, “Management of knee injuries: consensus-based indications from a large community of orthopaedic surgeons,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 708–719, 2012.
- C. Belvedere, S. Tamarri, D. P. Notarangelo, A. Ensini, A. Feliciangeli, and A. Leardini, “Three-dimensional motion analysis of the human knee joint: comparison between intra- and post-operative measurements,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2012.
- D. Goebel, and W. Schultz, “The Columbus Knee System: 4-Year Results of a New Deep Flexion Design Compared to the NexGen Full Flex Implant,” Arthritis, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- A. Moreno, A. Silvestre, and P. Carpintero, “SECOT consensus on medial femorotibial osteoarthritis,” Revista Española de Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología (English Edition), vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 417–428, 2013.
- A. Moreno, A. Silvestre, and P. Carpintero, “Consenso SECOT artrosis femorotibial medial,” Revista Española de Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología, 2013.
- E. López-Ruiz, M. Perán, J. Cobo-Molinos, G. Jiménez, M. Picón, M. Bustamante, F. Arrebola, M.C. Hernández-Lamas, A.D. Delgado-Martínez, E. Montañez, and J.A. Marchal, “Chondrocytes extract from patients with osteoarthritis induces chondrogenesis in infrapatellar fat pad-derived stem cells,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 246–258, 2013.
- A. J. Wilson, and N. P. Thomas, “Osteotomy around the knee: evolution, principles and results,” Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology Arthroscopy, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 3–22, 2013.
- Alexander D. Liddle, and Elise C. Pegg, “Knee replacement for osteoarthritis,” Maturitas, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 131–136, 2013.
- Sufian S. Ahmad, Kim Huber, Dimitrios S. Evangelopoulos, Barbara Kleer, Hendrik Kohlhof, Michael Schär, Stefan Eggli, and Sandro Kohl, “The Cement Prosthesis-Like Spacer: An Intermediate Halt on the Road to Healing,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Chul-Hwan Moon, Ogon Kwon, Chang-Hoon Woo, Hee-Duk Ahn, Young-Sam Kwon, Soo-Jin Park, Chang-Hyun Song, and Sae-Kwang Ku, “Therapeutic Effect of Irradiation of Magnetic Infrared Laser on Osteoarthritis Rat Model,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, 2014.
- Yıldız Analay Akbaba, Ipek Yeldan, Nejat Guney, and Arzu Razak Ozdincler, “Intensive supervision of rehabilitation programme improves balance and functionality in the short term after bilateral total knee arthroplasty,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2014.
- Katy Washington, and Carol Shacklady, “Patients' Experience of Shared Decision Making Using an Online Patient Decision Aid for Osteoarthritis of the Knee - A Service Evaluation,” Musculoskeletal Care, 2014.
- Avi Elbaz, Amit Mor, Ganit Segal, Ronen Debi, Nachshon Shazar, and Amir Herman, “Novel Classification of Knee Osteoarthritis Severity Based on Spatiotemporal Gait Analysis,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2014.
- Kurubaran Ganasegeran, J. Michael Menke, Vasudeva Murthy Challakere Ramaswamy, Rizal Abdul Manaf, Aied M. Alabsi, and Sami Abdo Radman Al-Dubai, “Level and Determinants of Knowledge of Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis among Railway Workers in Malaysia,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Sami Abdel-Jaber, Claudio Belvedere, Alberto Leardini, and Saverio Affatato, “Wear Simulation of Total Knee Prostheses Using Load and Kinematics Waveforms from Stair Climbing,” Journal of Biomechanics, 2015.
- Niina Hopper, Frances Henson, Roger Brooks, Erden Ali, Neil Rushton, and John Wardale, “Peripheral blood derived mononuclear cells enhance osteoarthritic human chondrocyte migration,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 17, no. 1, 2015.
- Onju Ham, Chang Youn Lee, Ran Kim, Jihyun Lee, Sekyung Oh, Min Young Lee, Jongmin Kim, Ki-Chul Hwang, Lee-So Maeng, and Woochul Chang, “Therapeutic Potential of Differentiated Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Treatment of Osteoarthritis,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 14961–14978, 2015.
- Yasmin Abu-Ghanem, Morsi Khashan, Sara Abu-Ghanem, Ran Lador, Eyal Amar, and Ofir Chechik, “Perceptions of orthopaedic surgeons regarding arthroscopic surgery for osteoarthritis of the knee - an international survey,” Current Orthopaedic Practice, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 32–35, 2015.
- Sami Abdel-Jaber, Claudio Belvedere, Jonathan Salvatore De Mattia, Alberto Leardini, and Saverio Affatato, “A new protocol for wear testing of total knee prostheses from real joint kinematic data: towards a scenario of realistic simulations of daily living activities,” Journal of Biomechanics, 2016.
- Bashir Zikria, Nima Hafezi-Nejad, John Wilckens, James R. Ficke, and Shadpour Demehri, “Determinants of knee replacement in subjects with a history of arthroscopy: data from the osteoarthritis initiative,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology, 2016.
- S. S. A. Miettinen, S. K. Torssonen, H. J. A. Miettinen, and T. Soininvaara, “Mid-term Results of Oxford Phase 3 Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasties at a Small-Volume Center,” Scandinavian Journal Of Surgery, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 56–63, 2016.
- Tserenchimed Purevsuren, Kyungsoo Kim, Kyung Wook Nha, and Yoon Hyuk Kim, “Evaluation of compressive and shear joint forces on medial and lateral compartments in knee joint during walking before and after medial open-wedge high tibial osteotomy,” International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1365–1370, 2016.
- Marta Ondrésik, Fatima R. Azevedo Maia, Alain da Silva Morais, Ana C. Gertrudes, Ana H. Dias Bacelar, Cristina Correia, Cristiana R. Gonçalves, Hajer Radhouani, Rui Amandi Sousa, Joaquim M. Oliveira, and Rui L. Reis, “Management of knee osteoarthritis. Current status and future trends,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2016.