- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 631959, 7 pages
How Different Methodologies of Harvesting and Analysing the Samples Affect the Test Results in Determining Joint Mediators
1Tekirdag State Hospital, Turkish Republic Ministry of Health, 59100 Tekirdag, Turkey
2Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Namik Kemal University School of Medicine, 59100 Tekirdag, Turkey
3Department of Biology, Namik Kemal University School of Science, 59100 Tekirdag, Turkey
4Department of Public Health, Namik Kemal University School of Medicine, 59100 Tekirdag, Turkey
5Department of Pathology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, 34099 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 9 August 2012; Revised 27 December 2012; Accepted 13 January 2013
Academic Editor: Pierre Youinou
Copyright © 2013 Ibrahim Yilmaz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Nagyeri, M. Radacs, S. Ghassemi-Nejad et al., “TSG-6 protein, a negative regulator of inflammatory arthritis, forms a ternary complex with murine mast cell tryptases and heparin,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 286, no. 26, pp. 23559–23569, 2011.
- K. Tsuritani, J. Takeda, J. Sakagami et al., “Cytokine receptor-like factor 1 is highly expressed in damaged human knee osteoarthritic cartilage and involved in osteoarthritis downstream of TGF-β,” Calcified Tissue International, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 47–57, 2010.
- T. A. Stupina, V. D. Makushin, and M. A. Stepanov, “Experimental morphological study of the effects of subchondral tunnelization and bone marrow stimulation on articular cartilage regeneration,” Bulletin Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 153, no. 2, pp. 289–293, 2012.
- M. A. Jordan, G. S. Van Thiel, J. Chahal, and S. J. Nho, “Operative treatment of chondral defects in the hip joint: a systematic review,” Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 244–253, 2012.
- O. S. Ertas and A. Kayali, “An overview on analytical method validation,” Journal of Faculty Pharmacy, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 41–57, 2005.
- G. Szepesi, M. Gazdag, and K. Mihalyfi, “Selection of high-performance liquid chromatographic methods in pharmaceutical analysis. III. Method validation,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 464, no. 2, pp. 265–278, 1989.
- A. Kayal, O. Sogut, and B. Tuncel, “Some considerations on analytical methods validations, bioavailability, bioequivalence and pharmacokinetic studies,” European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 271–274, 1995.
- A. Marin, A. López-Gonzálvez, and C. Barbas, “Development and validation of extraction methods for determination of zinc and arsenic speciation in soils using focused ultrasound: application to heavy metal study in mud and soils,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 442, no. 2, pp. 305–318, 2001.
- J. G. Morrison, P. White, S. McDougall et al., “Validation of a highly sensitive ICP-MS method for the determination of platinum in biofluids: application to clinical pharmacokinetic studies with oxaliplatin,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2000.
- V. Grdinic and J. Vukovic, “Prevalidation in pharmaceutical analysis, part 1, fundamentals and critical discussion,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 489–512, 2004.
- P. Garnero, J. C. Rousseau, and P. D. Delmas, “Molecular basis and clinical use of biochemical markers of bone, cartilage, and synovium in joint diseases,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 953–968, 2000.
- D. A. Walsh, P. Verghese, G. J. Cook, et al., “Lymphatic vessels in osteoarthritic human knees,” Osteoarthritis Cartilage, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 405–412, 2012.
- Y. Henrotin, B. Kurz, and T. Aigner, “Oxygen and reactive oxygen species in cartilage degradation: friends or foes?” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 643–654, 2005.
- A. Ostalowska, E. Birkner, M. Wiecha et al., “Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes in synovial fluid of patients with primary and secondary osteoarthritis of the knee joint,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 139–145, 2006.
- K. Haugbro, J. C. Nossent, T. Winkler, Y. Figenschau, and O. P. Rekvig, “Anti-dsDNA antibodies and disease classification in antinuclear antibody positive patients: the role of analytical diversity,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 386–394, 2004.
- K. J. Jepsen, F. Wu, J. H. Peragallo et al., “A syndrome of joint laxity and impaired tendon integrity in lumican- and fibromodulin-deficient mice,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 38, pp. 35532–35540, 2002.
- B. E. Gencosmanoglu, M. Eryavuz, and S. Dervisoglu, “Effects of some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on articular cartilage of rats in an experimental model of osteoarthritis,” Research in Experimental Medicine, vol. 200, no. 3, pp. 215–226, 2001.
- A. J. Hough, “Pathology of osteoarthritis,” in Arthritis and Allied Conditions, W. J. Koopman, Ed., pp. 1945–1968, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1997.
- J. D. Sandy, C. R. Flannery, P. J. Neame, and L. S. Lohmander, “The structure of aggrecan fragments in human synovial fluid. Evidence for the involvement in osteoarthritis of a novel proteinase which cleaves the Glu 373-Ala 374 bond of the interglobular domain,” The Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 1512–1516, 1992.
- S. Tseng, A. H. Reddi, and P. E. Di Cesare, “Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP): a biomarker of arthritis,” Biomarker Insights, vol. 4, pp. 33–44, 2009.
- L. S. Lohmander, L. A. Hoerrner, and M. W. Lark, “Metalloproteinases, tissue inhibitor, and proteoglycan fragments in knee synovial fluid in human osteoarthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 181–189, 1993.
- L. S. Lohmander, H. Roos, L. Dahlberg, L. A. Hoerrner, and M. W. Lark, “Temporal patterns of stromelysin-1, tissue inhibitor, and proteoglycan fragments in human knee joint fluid after injury to the cruciate ligament or meniscus,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 21–28, 1994.
- M. Feldmann, F. M. Brennan, and R. N. Maini, “Role of cytokines in rheumatoid arthritis,” Annual Review of Immunology, vol. 14, pp. 397–440, 1996.
- L. Connell and I. B. McInnes, “New cytokine targets in inflammatory rheumatic diseases,” Best Practice & Research, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 865–878, 2006.
- M. Sharif, E. George, L. Shepstone et al., “Serum hyaluronic acid level as a predictor of disease progression in osteoarthritis of the knee,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 760–767, 1995.
- C. Melchiorri, R. Meliconi, L. Frizziero, et al., “Enhanced and coordinated in vivo expression of inflammatory cytokines and nitric oxide synthase by chondrocytes from patients with osteoarthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2165–2174, 1998.
- R. Hilf, J. L. Wittliff, W. D. Rector, E. D. Savlov, T. C. Hall, and R. A. Orlando, “Studies on certain cytoplasmic enzymes and specific estrogen receptors in human breast cancer and in nonmalignant diseases of the breast,” Cancer Research, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 2054–2062, 1973.
- F. A. Van de Loo, O. J. Arntz, F. H. van Enckevort, P. L. van Lent, and W. B. van den Berg, “Reduced cartilage proteoglycan loss during zymosan-induced gonarthritis in NOS2-deficient mice and in anti-interleukin-1-treated wild-type mice with unabated joint inflammation,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 634–646, 1998.
- R. F. Loeser, “Integrins and cell signaling in chondrocytes,” Biorheology, vol. 39, no. 1-2, pp. 119–124, 2002.
- A. R. Poole, F. Guilak, and S. B. Abramson, “Etiopathogenesis of osteoarthritis,” in Osteoarthritis, Diagnosis and MEdical/Surgical Management, R. W. Moskowitz, Ed., pp. 27–49, Lippincott, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2007.
- S. R. Goldring and M. B. Goldring, “The role of cytokines in cartilage matrix degeneration in osteoarthritis,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 427, supplement, pp. S27–S36, 2004.
- S. Kamekura, K. Hoshi, T. Shimoaka et al., “Osteoarthritis development in novel experimental mouse models induced by knee joint instability,” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 632–641, 2005.
- A. R. Poole, M. Kobayashi, T. Yasuda, et al., “Type II collagen degradation and its regulation in articular cartilage in osteoarthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 61, supplement 2, pp. 78–81, 2002.