- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Autism Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 121878, 12 pages
Telehealth for Expanding the Reach of Early Autism Training to Parents
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders (MIND) Institute, University of California, Davis 2825 50th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Received 25 April 2012; Accepted 9 October 2012
Academic Editor: Aubyn Stahmer
Copyright © 2012 Laurie A. Vismara et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Laurie A. Vismara, Carolyn McCormick, Gregory S. Young, Anna Nadhan, and Katerina Monlux, “Preliminary Findings of a Telehealth Approach to Parent Training in Autism,” Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2013.
- Geraldine Dawson, and Raphael Bernier, “A quarter century of progress on the early detection and treatment of autism spectrum disorder,” Development and Psychopathology, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1455–1472, 2013.
- Nuria Aresti-Bartolome, and Begonya Garcia-Zapirain, “Technologies as Support Tools for Persons with Autistic Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 7767–7802, 2014.
- Hedda Meadan, and Marcus E. Daczewitz, “Internet-based intervention training for parents of young children with disabilities: a promising service-delivery model,” Early Child Development and Care, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 155–169, 2014.
- Linda S. Heitzman-Powell, Jay Buzhardt, Lisa C. Rusinko, and Todd M. Miller, “Formative Evaluation of an ABA Outreach Training Program for Parents of Children With Autism in Remote Areas,” Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 23–38, 2014.
- S. J. Rogers, L. Vismara, A. L. Wagner, C. McCormick, G. Young, and S. Ozonoff, “Autism Treatment in the First Year of Life: A Pilot Study of Infant Start, a Parent-Implemented Intervention for Symptomatic Infants,” Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 2981–2995, 2014.
- Peggy Kemp, and Ann P. Turnbull, “Coaching With Parents in Early Intervention An Interdisciplinary Research Synthesis,” Infants & Young Children, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 305–324, 2014.
- María Díez-Juan, Andrea Schneider, Tiffany Phillips, Reymundo Lozano, Flora Tassone, Marjorie Solomon, and Randi J. Hagerman, “Parent-delivered touchscreen intervention for children with fragile X syndrome,” Intractable & Rare Diseases Research, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 166–177, 2014.
- Nazneen Nazneen, Agata Rozga, Christopher J Smith, Ron Oberleitner, Gregory D Abowd, and Rosa I Arriaga, “A Novel System for Supporting Autism Diagnosis Using Home Videos: Iterative Development and Evaluation of System Design,” JMIR mHealth and uHealth, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. e68, 2015.
- Jay Buzhardt, Lisa Rusinko, Linda Heitzman-Powell, Sylvia Trevino-Maack, and Ashley McGrath, “Exploratory Evaluation and Initial Adaptation of a Parent Training Program for Hispanic Families of Children with Autism,” Family Process, 2015.
- Allison L. Wainer, and Brooke R. Ingersoll, “Increasing Access to an ASD Imitation Intervention Via a Telehealth Parent Training Program,” Journal Of Autism And Developmental Disorders, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 3877–3890, 2015.
- Daniela Regina Molini-Avejonas, Silmara Rondon-Melo, Cibelle Albuquerque de La Higuera Amato, and Alessandra Giannella Samelli, “A systematic review of the use of telehealth in speech, language and hearing sciences,” Journal Of Telemedicine And Telecare, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 367–376, 2015.
- Brooke Ingersoll, and Natalie I Berger, “Parent Engagement With a Telehealth-Based Parent-Mediated Intervention Program for Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders: Predictors of Program Use and Parent Outcomes,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. e227, 2015.
- Hedda Meadan, Melinda R. Snodgrass, Ilyse Palomo, Christina G. Amenta, and James W. Halle, “A Framework for Defining Contextual Features of Training and Coaching Practices,” Exceptionality, pp. 1–17, 2016.
- John Knutsen, Audrey Wolfe, Bryan L. Burke, Susan Hepburn, Scott Lindgren, and Daniel Coury, “A Systematic Review of Telemedicine in Autism Spectrum Disorders,” Review Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2016.
- Cristin M. Hall, Erica D. Culler, and Anne Frank-Webb, “Online Dissemination of Resources and Services for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs): a Systematic Review of Evidence,” Review Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2016.
- Themba Carr, and Catherine Lord, “A pilot study promoting participation of families with limited resources in early autism intervention,” Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, vol. 25, pp. 87–96, 2016.
- Ee Rea Hong, Jennifer B. Ganz, Leslie Neely, Stephanie Gerow, and Jennifer Ninci, “A review of the quality of primary caregiver-implemented communication intervention research for children with ASD,” Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, vol. 25, pp. 122–136, 2016.
- Wendy Machalicek, Jenna Lequia, Sarah Pinkelman, Christen Knowles, Tracy Raulston, Tonya Davis, and Fahad Alresheed, “Behavioral Telehealth Consultation with Families of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder,” Behavioral Interventions, 2016.
- Jill Ashburner, Sandy Vickerstaff, Julie Beetge, and Jodie Copley, “Remote versus face-to-face delivery of early intervention programs for children with autism spectrum disorders: Perceptions of rural families and service providers,” Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, vol. 23, pp. 1–14, 2016.
- Brooke Ingersoll, Allison L. Wainer, Natalie I. Berger, Katherine E. Pickard, and Nicole Bonter, “Comparison of a Self-Directed and Therapist-Assisted Telehealth Parent-Mediated Intervention for Children with ASD: A Pilot RCT,” Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2016.
- Andrea McDuffie, Ashley Oakes, Wendy Machalicek, Monica Ma, Lauren Bullard, Sarah Nelson, and Leonard Abbeduto, “Early Language Intervention Using Distance Video-Teleconferencing: A Pilot Study of Young Boys With Fragile X Syndrome and Their Mothers,” American Journal Of Speech-Language Pathology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 46–66, 2016.
- Scott Lindgren, David Wacker, Alyssa Suess, Kelly Schieltz, Kelly Pelzel, Todd Kopelman, John Lee, Patrick Romani, and Debra Waldron, “Telehealth and Autism: Treating Challenging Behavior at Lower Cost,” Pediatrics, vol. 137, pp. S167–S175, 2016.
- Hannah Waddington, Larah van der Meer, and Jeff Sigafoos, “Effectiveness of the Early Start Denver Model: a Systematic Review,” Review Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2016.
- Eyal Aronoff, Robert Hillyer, and Michael Leon, “Environmental Enrichment Therapy for Autism: Outcomes with Increased Access,” Neural Plasticity, vol. 2016, pp. 1–23, 2016.
- Jessica Simacek, Adele F. Dimian, and Jennifer J. McComas, “Communication Intervention for Young Children with Severe Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Via Telehealth,” Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2017.