- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 198384, 6 pages
Predictors of Metabolic Syndrome in the Iranian Population: Waist Circumference, Body Mass Index, or Waist to Hip Ratio?
1Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Centre, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
2Rehabilitation Research Center, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 81465-1148, Isfahan, Iran
3Hypertension Research Centre, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
4Cardiology Department, School of Medicine, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Received 8 December 2012; Revised 24 January 2013; Accepted 11 February 2013
Academic Editor: Gerhard M. Kostner
Copyright © 2013 Mojgan Gharipour et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jing-ya Zhou, Hui Ge, Ming-fan Zhu, Li-jun Wang, Li Chen, Yao-zong Tan, Yu-ming Chen, and Hui-lian Zhu, “Neck circumference as an independent predictive contributor to cardio-metabolic syndrome,” Cardiovascular Diabetology, vol. 12, 2013.
- Ali Kabir, Akram Pourshams, Masoud Khoshnia, and Fatemeh Malekzadeh, “Normal Limit for Serum Alanine Aminotransferase Level and Distribution of Metabolic Factors in Old Population of Kalaleh, Iran,” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 13, no. 10, 2013.
- Parvin Mirmiran, Zahra Bahadoran, Hossein Delshad, and Fereidoun Azizi, “Reply to “Predictors of the incidence of metabolic syndrome in general inhabitant”,” Nutrition, 2014.
- Hou Xin Guo, Wang Chuan, Ma Ze Qiang, Yang Wei Fang, Wang Ji Xiang, Li Cheng Qiao, Wang Yu Lian, Liu Shu Min, Hu Xiu Ping, Zhang Xiu Ping, Jiang Mei, Wang Wei Qing, Ning Guang, Zheng Hui Zhen, Ma Ai Xia, Sun Yu, Song Jun, Lin Peng, Liang Kai, Liu Fu Qiang, Li Wen Juan, Xiao Juan, Gong Lei, Wang Mei Jian, Liu Ji Dong, Yan Fei, Yang Jun Peng, Wang Ling Shu, Tian Meng, Zhao Ru Xing, Jiang Ling, and Chen Li, “Optimal Waist Circumference Cut-off values for Identifying Metabolic Risk Factors in Middle-aged and Elderly Subjects in Shandong Province of China,” Biomedical and Environmental Sciences, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 353–359, 2014.
- Deepti A. Lokanath, Sharada A. Chandrashekariah, D. Xaviour, and Jayashankar Rao, “The Incidence and Alliance of Metabolic Syndrome with Cardiovascular Risk Markers among Kodavas,” Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, vol. 04, no. 06, pp. 158–166, 2014.
- Mojgan Gharipour, Masoumeh Sadeghi, Minoo Dianatkhah, Shirin Bidmeshgi, Alireza Ahmadi, Marzieh Tahri, and Nizal Sarrafzadegan, “The Cut-Off Values of Anthropometric Indices for Identifying Subjects at Risk for Metabolic Syndrome in Iranian Elderly Men,” Journal of Obesity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Xin Guan, Guozhe Sun, Liqiang Zheng, Wenyu Hu, Wenna Li, and Yingxian Sun, “Associations between metabolic risk factors and body mass index, waist circumference, waist-to-height ratio and waist-to-hip ratio in a Chinese rural population,” Journal of Diabetes Investigation, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 601–606, 2015.
- Mojgan Gharipour, Masoumeh Sadeghi, Minoo Dianatkhah, Pouya Nezafati, Mohammad Talaie, and Shahram Oveisgharan, “Comparison between European and Iranian cutoff points of triglyceride/high-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations in predicting cardiovascular disease outcomes,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, 2015.
- Ricardo Mondragón-Ceballos, Mónica Dafne García Granados, Ana Lilia Cerda-Molina, Roberto Chavira-Ramírez, and Leonor Estela Hernández-López, “Waist-to-Hip Ratio, but Not Body Mass Index, Is Associated with Testosterone and Estradiol Concentrations in Young Women,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2015, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- Nima Motamed, Masoudreza Sohrabi, Hossein Poustchi, Mansooreh Maadi, Mojtaba Malek, Hossein Keyvani, Mahboobeh Safaean Amoli, and Farhad Zamani, “The six obesity indices, which one is more compatible with metabolic syndrome? A population based study,” Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 2016.
- A Khosravi, M Gharipour, P Nezafati, Z Khosravi, M Sadeghi, A Khaledifar, M Taheri, J Golshahi, and N Sarrafzadegan, “Pre-hypertension, pre-diabetes or both: which is best at predicting cardiovascular events in the long term?,” Journal of Human Hypertension, 2016.
- Jafar Golshahi, Masoumeh Sadeghi, Mohammad saqira, Reihaneh Zavar, Mostafa Sadeghifar, and Hamidreza Roohafza, “Exposure to occupational air pollution and cardiac function in workers of the Esfahan Steel Industry, Iran,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2016.
- Panita Limpawattana, Manchumad Manjavong, and Roypim Sopapong, “Can Neck Circumference Predict Metabolic Syndrome? An Experience From A University Community,” Endocrine Practice, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 8–15, 2016.
- Jia He, Rulin Ma, Jiaming Liu, Mei Zhang, Yusong Ding, Heng Guo, Lati Mu, Jingyu Zhang, Bin Wei, Yizhong Yan, Jiaolong Ma, Hongrui Pang, Shugang Li, and Shuxia Guo, “The Optimal Ethnic-Specific Waist-Circumference Cut-Off Points of Metabolic Syndrome among Low-Income Rural Uyghur Adults in Far Western China and Implications in Preventive Public Health,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 158, 2017.