- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 786239, 5 pages
Contrast-Enhanced Harmonic Endoscopic Ultrasonography in Pancreatic Diseases
1Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
2Department of Gastroenterology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Received 22 August 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editor: Klaus Mönkemüller
Copyright © 2012 Can Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Khashab, E. Yong, A. M. Lennon et al., “EUS is still superior to multidetector computerized tomography for detection of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 691–696, 2011.
- M. Kitano, M. Kudo, K. Yamao, et al., “Characterization of small solid tumors in the pancreas: the value of contrast-enhanced harmonic endoscopic ultrasonography,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 303–310, 2012.
- N. K. Reddy, A. M. Ioncicǎ, A. Sǎftoiu, P. Vilmann, and M. S. Bhutani, “Contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 42–48, 2011.
- H. Matsubara, A. Itoh, H. Kawashima et al., “Dynamic quantitative evaluation of contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography in the diagnosis of pancreatic diseases,” Pancreas, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1073–1079, 2011.
- M. V. A. Sanchez, S. Varadarajulu, and B. Napoleon, “EUS contrast agents: what is available, how do they work, and are they effective?” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. S71–S77, 2009.
- M. Kitano, M. Kudo, K. Maekawa et al., “Dynamic imaging of pancreatic diseases by contrast enhanced coded phase inversion harmonic ultrasonoqraphy,” Gut, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 854–859, 2004.
- S. Kersting, J. Roth, and A. Bunk, “Transabdominal contrast-enhanced ultrasonography of pancreatic cancer,” Pancreatology, vol. 11, supplement 2, pp. 20–27, 2011.
- H. Sakamoto, M. Kitano, Y. Suetomi, K. Maekawa, Y. Takeyama, and M. Kudo, “Utility of contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography for diagnosis of small pancreatic carcinomas,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 525–532, 2008.
- H. Sakamoto, M. Kitano, K. Kamata, M. El-Masry, and M. Kudo, “Diagnosis of pancreatic tumors by endoscopic ultrasonography,” World Journal of Radiology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 122–134, 2010.
- C. F. Dietrich, A. Ignee, and H. Frey, “Contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasound with low mechanical index: a new technique,” Zeitschrift für Gastroenterologie, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1219–1223, 2005.
- M. Kitano, H. Sakamoto, U. Matsui et al., “A novel perfusion imaging technique of the pancreas: contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 141–150, 2008.
- S. Varadarajulu and M. A. Eloubeidi, “The role of endoscopic ultrasonography in the evaluation of pancreatico-biliary cancer,” Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 251–263, 2010.
- Y. Michiko, Y. Yoshimitsu, S. Yasuyuki, and H. Hideyuki, “Gastrointestinal: contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS for pancreatic cancer,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 24, no. 10, p. 1698, 2009.
- E. Ohno, A. Itoh, H. Kawashima, et al., “Malignant transformation of branch duct-type intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas based on contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography morphological changes: focus on malignant transformation of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm itself,” Pancreas, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 855–862, 2012.
- M. Kitano, M. Kudo, H. Sakamoto, and T. Komaki, “Endoscopic ultrasonography and contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography,” Pancreatology, vol. 11, supplemnt 2, pp. 28–33, 2011.
- A. Seicean, R. Badea, R. Stan-Iuga, T. Mocan, I. Gulei, and O. Pascu, “Quantitative contrast-enhanced harmonic endoscopic ultrasonography for the discrimination of solid pancreatic masses,” Ultraschall in der Medizin, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 571–576, 2010.
- P. Fusaroli, A. Spada, M. G. Mancino, and G. Caletti, “Contrast harmonic echo-endoscopic ultrasound improves accuracy in diagnosis of solid pancreatic masses,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 629.e2–634.e2, 2010.
- J. Romagnuolo, B. Hoffman, S. Vela, R. Hawes, and S. Vignesh, “Accuracy of contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS with a second-generation perflutren lipid microsphere contrast agent (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 52–63, 2011.
- E. Ohno, Y. Hirooka, A. Itoh, et al., “Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: differentiation of malignant and benign tumors by endoscopic ultrasonography findings of mural nodules,” Annals of Surgery. In press.
- N. Kobayashi, K. Sugimori, T. Shimamura, et al., “Endoscopic ultrasonographic findings predict the risk of carcinoma in branch duct intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas,” Pancreatology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 141–145, 2012.
- B. Napoleon, M. V. Alvarez-Sanchez, R. Gincoul et al., “Contrast-enhanced harmonic endoscopic ultrasound in solid lesions of the pancreas: results of a pilot study,” Endoscopy, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 564–570, 2010.
- H. Imazu, Y. Uchiyama, K. Matsunaga et al., “Contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS with novel ultrasonographic contrast (Sonazoid) in the preoperative T-staging for pancreaticobiliary malignancies,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 732–738, 2010.
- M. K. Hasan and R. H. Hawes, “EUS-guided FNA of solid pancreas tumors,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 155–167, 2012.
- M. J. Hewitt, M. J. McPhail, L. Possamai, A. Dhar, P. Vlavianos, and K. J. Monahan, “EUS-guided FNA for diagnosis of solid pancreatic neoplasms: a meta-analysis,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 319–331, 2012.
- M. Kitano, H. Sakamoto, and M. Kudo, “Endoscopic ultrasound: contrast enhancement,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 349–358, 2012.
- M. Kitano, H. Sakamoto, and T. Komaki, “FNA guided by contrast-enhanced harmonic EUS in pancreatic tumors,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, pp. 328–329, 2009.