- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Economics Research International
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 781581, 17 pages
Measuring the Performance of River Basins: Application of Total Factor Productivity Approach to Andhra Pradesh, India
1International Water Management Institute (IWMI), ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru 502324, Hyderabad, India
2Department of Physical Sciences and Information Technology, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore 641003, India
Received 31 March 2012; Accepted 29 May 2012
Academic Editor: Thomas D. Crocker
Copyright © 2012 K. Palanisami and C. R. Ranganathan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Coelli, D. S. P. Rao, and G. E. Battesse, An Introduction to Efficiency and Productivity Analysis, Kluwer Academic, Norwell, Mass, USA, 1998.
- R. Majumdar and M. H. B. Subrahmanya, “Total factor productivity growth and output growth in Indian electronics industry in the liberalization era: an empirical examination,” in Proceedings of the Singapore Economic Review Conference, Singapore, August 2007.
- R. Färe, S. Grosskopf, M. Norris, and Z. Zhang, “Productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change in industrialized countries,” American Economic Review, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 66–83, 1994.
- T. J. Coelli and D. S. Rao, “Total factor productivity growth in agriculture: a malmquist index analysis of 93 countries, 1980–2000,” CEPA Working Papers No. 2/2003, p. 13, School of Economics, University of New England, Armidale, Australia, 2003.
- T. J. Coelli and D. S. P. Rao, “Total factor productivity growth in agriculture: a Malmquist index analysis of 93 countries, 1980–2000,” Agricultural Economics, vol. 32, supplement 1, pp. 115–134, 2005.
- C. Yuk-shing, Productivity Growth, Technical Progress and Efficiency Change in Chinese Agriculture, Department of Economics, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon, Hong Kong, 1998.
- S. Rungsuriyawiboon and A. Lissitsa, “Total factor productivity growth in European agriculture,” http://www.nesdb.go.th/econSocial/macro/TNCE/Download/1/supawat.pdf.
- C. Umetsu, T. Lekprichakul, and U. Chakravorty, “Efficiency and technical change in the Philippine rice sector: a Malmquist total factor productivity analysis,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 943–963, 2003.
- V. H. Linh, “Vietnam’s agricultural productivity: a Malmquist index approach,” 2009, http://www.vdf.org.vn/workingpapers/vdfwp0903.pdf.
- K. Palanisami, C. R. Ranganathan, A. Vidhyavathi, M. Rajkumar, and N. Ajjan, “Performance of agriculture in river basins of Tamil Nadu in the last three decades—a total factor productivity approach,” 2011, http://planningcommission.nic.in/reports/sereport/ser/ser_river1905.pdf.
- M. J. Farrell, “The measurement of productive efficiency,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, vol. 120, pp. 253–290, 1957.
- T. J. Coelli, A Guide to DEAP Version 2.1: A Data Envelopment Analysis (Computer) Program, Department of Econometrics, University of New England, Armidale, Australia, 2008.
- Government of Andhra Pradesh, “Season and Crop Report Andhra Pradesh, 2008-2009,” 2009.