- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 369814, 12 pages
Evolutionary Game Theory-Based Evaluation of P2P File-Sharing Systems in Heterogeneous Environments
Department of Information and Communications Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita 565-0871, Japan
Received 28 July 2009; Accepted 19 November 2009
Academic Editor: Winston Seah
Copyright © 2010 Yusuke Matsuda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Adar and B. A. Huberman, “Free riding on Gnutella,” Tech. Rep., Xerox PARC, Palo Alto, Calif, USA, 2000.
- J. W. Weibull, Evolutionary Game Theory, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1997.
- S. Iwanaga and A. Namatame, “The Compexity of Collective Decision,” Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics and Control, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 137–158, 2002.
- G. Szabó and G. Fáth, “Evolutionary games on graphs,” Physics Reports, vol. 446, no. 4–6, pp. 97–216, 2007.
- Napster, http://free.napster.com.
- Gnutella, http://www9.limewire.com/developer/gnutella_protocol_0.4.pdf.
- KaZaA, http://www.kazaa.com.
- BitTorrent, http://www.bittorrent.com.
- S. Saroiu, P. K. Gummadi, and S. D. Gribble, “A measurement study of peer-to-peer file sharing systems,” in Proceedings of the Multimedia Computing and Networking (MMCN '02), pp. 156–170, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 2002.
- K. P. Gummadi, R. J. Dunn, S. Saroiu, S. D. Gribble, H. M. Levy, and J. Zahorjan, “Measurement, modeling, and analysis of a peer-to-peer file-sharing workload,” in Proceedigs of the ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '03), pp. 314–329, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- J. Pouwelse, P. Garbacki, D. Epema, and H. Sips, “The Bittorrent P2P file-sharing system: measurements and analysis,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems (IPTPS '05), vol. 3640 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 205–216, Springer, New York, NY, USA, February 2005.
- D. Hughes, G. Coulson, and J. Walkerdine, “Free riding on Gnutella revisited: the bell tolls?” IEEE Distributed Systems Online, vol. 6, no. 6, 2005.
- B.-G. Chun, K. Chaudhuri, H. Wee, M. Barreno, C. H. Papadimitriou, and J. Kubiatowicz, “Selfish caching in distributed systems: a game-theoretic analysis,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC '04), pp. 21–30, St. John's, Canada, July 2004.
- K. Ranganathan, M. Ripeanu, A. Sarin, and I. Foster, “Incentive mechanisms for large collaborative resource sharing,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGRID '04), pp. 1–8, Washington, DC, USA, 2004.
- Freenet, http://freenetproject.org/index.html.
- F. Fu, L.-H. Liu, and L. Wang, “Evolutionary Prisoner's Dilemma on heterogeneous Newman-Watts small-world network,” European Physical Journal B, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 367–372, 2007.
- H. Ohtsuki and M. A. Nowak, “Evolutionary stability on graphs,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 251, no. 4, pp. 698–707, 2008.
- F. C. Santos, J. M. Pacheco, and T. Lenaerts, “Evolutionary dynamics of social dilemmas in structured heterogeneous populations,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 9, pp. 3490–3494, 2006.
- D. Hales and S. Arteconi, “SLACER: a self-organizing protocol for coordination in peer-to-peer networks,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 29–35, 2006.
- M. Sasabe, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, “User selfishness vs. file availability in P2P file-sharing systems: evolutionary game theoretic approach,” Peer to Peer Networking and Applications, 2009, http://www.springerlink.com/content/n5gv715v18834lj2/.
- D. Hales and S. Arteconi, “Motifs in evolving cooperative networks look like protein structure networks,” Networks and Heterogeneous Media, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 239–249, 2008.
- B. M. Waxman, “Routing of multipoint connections,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1617–1622, 1988.
- A.-L. Barabási and R. Albert, “Emergence of scaling in random networks,” Science, vol. 286, no. 5439, pp. 509–512, 1999.
- C. T. Kelley, “Solving nonlinear equations with Newton's method,” in Fundamentals of Algorithms, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2003.
- S. N. Elaydi, An Introduction to Difference Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1991.
- U. Wilensky, NetLogo, 1999, http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo.
- A. Medina, A. Lakhina, I. Matta, and J. Byers, “BRITE: an approach to universal topology generation,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS '01), pp. 346–353, Washington, DC, USA, 2001.