- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 208913, 13 pages
Hydrodynamic and Sensory Factors Governing Response of Copepods to Simulated Predation by Balaenid Whales
Department of Biology, Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943-0162, USA
Received 29 July 2011; Accepted 3 February 2012
Academic Editor: Bruce Leopold
Copyright © 2012 Alexander J. Werth. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Thomas J. Ford, Alexander J. Werth, and J. Craig George, “An Intraoral Thermoregulatory Organ in the Bowhead Whale (Balaena mysticetus), the Corpus Cavernosum Maxillaris,” Anatomical Record-Advances In Integrative Anatomy And Evolutionary Biology, vol. 296, no. 4, pp. 701–708, 2013.
- Alexander J. Werth, “Flow-dependent porosity and other biomechanical properties of mysticete baleen,” Journal Of Experimental Biology, vol. 216, no. 7, pp. 1152–1159, 2013.
- Jeremy A. Goldbogen, Elliott L. Hazen, Ari S. Friedlaender, John Calambokidis, Stacy L. DeRuiter, Alison K. Stimpert, and Brandon L. Southall, “Prey density and distribution drive the three-dimensional foraging strategies of the largest filter feeder,” Functional Ecology, 2015.
- Alexander J. Werth, Robert W. Harriss, Michael V. Rosario, J. Craig George, and Todd L. Sformo, “Hydration affects the physical and mechanical properties of baleen tissue,” Royal Society Open Science, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 160591, 2016.
- Alexander J. Werth, Janice M. Straley, and Robert E. Shadwick, “Baleen wear reveals intraoral water flow patterns of mysticete filter feeding,” Journal of Morphology, 2016.
- J.A. Goldbogen, D.E. Cade, J. Calambokidis, A.S. Friedlaender, J. Potvin, P.S. Segre, and A.J. Werth, “How Baleen Whales Feed: The Biomechanics of Engulfment and Filtration,” Annual Review of Marine Science, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 367–386, 2017.