- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Ecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 295463, 11 pages
The Role of Environmental Heterogeneity in Maintaining Reproductive Isolation between Hybridizing Passerina (Aves: Cardinalidae) Buntings
1Berry Biodiversity Conservation Center, Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming, 1000 E. University Avenue, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
2Institute of Evolution and Ecology, University of Tübingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 28, 72076 Tübingen, Germany
Received 25 June 2011; Revised 8 September 2011; Accepted 27 September 2011
Academic Editor: Zachariah Gompert
Copyright © 2012 Matthew D. Carling and Henri A. Thomassen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Dan F. Rosauer, Simon Ferrier, Kristen J. Williams, Glenn Manion, J. Scott Keogh, and Shawn W. Laffan, “Phylogenetic generalised dissimilarity modelling: a new approach to analysing and predicting spatial turnover in the phylogenetic composition of communities,” Ecography, pp. no–no, 2013.
- Yun-Dong Gao, Aj Harris, and Xing-Jin He, “Morphological and ecological divergence of Lilium and Nomocharis within the Hengduan Mountains and Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau may result from habitat specialization and hybridization,” BMC Evolutionary Biology, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Kai Collins, and Johan T. du Toit, “ Population status and distribution modelling of the critically endangered riverine rabbit ( Bunolagus monticularis ) ,” African Journal of Ecology, 2016.
- Shawn M. Billerman, Melanie A. Murphy, and Matthew D. Carling, “ Changing climate mediates sapsucker (Aves: Sphyrapicus ) hybrid zone movement ,” Ecology and Evolution, 2016.
- Eric M. Wood, Sara E. Barker Swarthout, Wesley M. Hochachka, Jeffery L. Larkin, Ronald W. Rohrbaugh, Kenneth V. Rosenberg, and Amanda D. Rodewald, “Intermediate habitat associations by hybrids may facilitate genetic introgression in a songbird,” Journal of Avian Biology, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 508–520, 2016.
- S. E. Kingston, T. L. Parchman, Z. Gompert, C. A. Buerkle, and M. J. Braun, “Heterogeneity and concordance in locus-specific differentiation and introgression between species of towhees,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 2017.