Research Article | Open Access
Jibendu Sekhar Roy, Milind Thomas, "Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas for Next Generation High-Speed Wireless Communication Using HIPERLAN/2", International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, vol. 2007, Article ID 075320, 4 pages, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/75320
Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas for Next Generation High-Speed Wireless Communication Using HIPERLAN/2
The investigations on rectangular-slot-loaded and V-slot-loaded proximity-coupled microstrip antennas are reported. The performances of two antennas are investigated for the application in wireless local area network 2 (HIPERLAN/2) using IE3D software and the computed results are verified by measurement. Results show that the antennas have wide bandwidth and moderate gain and may be used as small, compact antennas for HIPERLAN/2 communication.
- R. Van Nee and R. Prasad, OFDM for Wireless Multimedia Communications, Universal Personal Communications, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 2000.
- J. Ollikainen, M. Fischer, and P. Vainikainen, “Thin dual-resonant stacked shorted patch antenna for mobile communications,” Electronics Letters, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 437–438, 1999.
- F. Yang, X.-X. Zhang, X. Ye, and Y. Rahmat-Samii, “Wide-band E-shaped patch antennas for wireless communications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1094–1100, 2001.
- R. Garg, P. Bhartia, I. J. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 2001.
- J. S. Roy, N. Chattoraj, and N. Swain, “Short-circuited microstrip antennas for multiband wireless communications,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 2372–2375, 2006.
- H.-D. Chen, J.-N. Li, and Y.-F. Huang, “Band-notched ultra-wideband square slot antenna,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 2427–2429, 2006.
- J. S. Roy and N. Swain, “A new dual-frequency microstrip patch antenna for GPS and bluetooth systems,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Microwaves, Antenna, Propagation and Remote Sensing (ICMARS '06), Jodhpur, India, December 2006.
- J. S. Roy, N. Chattoraj, and N. Swain, “New dual-frequency microstrip antennas for wireless communication,” Romanian Journal of Information Science and Technology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 113–119, 2007.
- D. M. Pozar and S. M. Voda, “A rigorous analysis of a microstripline fed patch antenna,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 1343–1350, 1987.
- J. S. Roy, S. K. Shaw, P. Paul, D. R. Poddar, and S. K. Chowdhury, “Some experimental investigations on electromagnetically coupled microstrip antennas on two-layer substrates,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 236–238, 1991.
- S. M. Duffy, “An enhanced bandwidth design technique for electromagnetically coupled microstrip antennas,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 161–164, 2000.
- K.-L. Wong, Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- G. Kumar and K. P. Ray, Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 2003.
Copyright © 2007 Jibendu Sekhar Roy and Milind Thomas. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.