- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Plant Genomics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 360598, 8 pages
Local Assemblies of Paired-End Reduced Representation Libraries Sequenced with the Illumina Genome Analyzer in Maize
1DuPont Agricultural Biotechnology, P.O. Box 80353, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
2DuPont Pioneer, P.O. Box 1004, Johnston, IA 50131, USA
Received 22 May 2012; Accepted 15 September 2012
Academic Editor: Yunbi Xu
Copyright © 2012 Stéphane Deschamps et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. R. Eathington, T. M. Crosbie, M. D. Edwards, R. S. Reiter, and J. K. Bull, “Molecular markers in a commercial breeding program,” Crop Science, vol. 47, pp. S154–S163, 2007.
- J. Shendure and H. Ji, “Next-generation DNA sequencing,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1135–1145, 2008.
- S. Deschamps and M. A. Campbell, “Utilization of next-generation sequencing platforms in plant genomics and genetic variant discovery,” Molecular Breeding, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 553–570, 2010.
- R. K. Varshney, S. N. Nayak, G. D. May, and S. A. Jackson, “Next-generation sequencing technologies and their implications for crop genetics and breeding,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 522–530, 2009.
- L. W. Hillier, G. T. Marth, A. R. Quinlan et al., “Whole-genome sequencing and variant discovery in C. elegans,” Nature Methods, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 183–188, 2008.
- C. P. Van Tassell, T. P. L. Smith, L. K. Matukumalli et al., “SNP discovery and allele frequency estimation by deep sequencing of reduced representation libraries,” Nature Methods, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 247–252, 2008.
- M. A. Gore, M. H. Wright, E. S. Ersoz, et al., “Large-scale discovery of gene-enriched SNPs,” The Plant Genome, vol. 2, pp. 121–133, 2009.
- S. Deschamps, M. la Rota, J. P. Ratashak, et al., “Rapid genome-wide single nucleotide polymorphism discovery in soybean and rice via deep resequencing of reduced representation libraries with the Illumina Genome Analyzer,” The Plant Genome, vol. 3, pp. 53–68, 2010.
- D. L. Hyten, Q. Song, E. W. Fickus et al., “High-throughput SNP discovery and assay development in common bean,” BMC Genomics, vol. 11, no. 1, article 475, 2010.
- X. Wu, C. Ren, T. Joshi, T. Vuong, D. Xu, and H. T. Nguyen, “SNP discovery by high-throughput sequencing in soybean,” BMC Genomics, vol. 11, no. 1, article 469, 2010.
- M. Margulies, M. Egholm, W. E. Altman, et al., “Genome sequencing in microfabricated high-density picolitre reactors,” Nature, vol. 437, pp. 376–380, 2005.
- J. Eid, A. Fehr, J. Gray, et al., “Real-time DNA sequencing from single polymerase molecules,” Science, vol. 323, pp. 133–138, 2009.
- J. B. Hiatt, R. P. Patwardhan, E. H. Turner, C. Lee, and J. Shendure, “Parallel, tag-directed assembly of locally derived short sequence reads,” Nature Methods, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 119–122, 2010.
- P. D. Etter, J. L. Preston, S. Bassham, W. A. Cresko, and E. A. Johnson, “Local de novo assembly of rad paired-end contigs using short sequencing reads,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 4, article e18561, 2011.
- E. M. Willing, M. Hoffmann, J. D. Klein, D. Weigel, and C. Dreyer, “Paired-end RAD-seq for de novo assembly and marker design without available reference,” Bioinformatics, vol. 27, no. 16, pp. 2187–2193, 2011.
- B. Langmead, C. Trapnell, M. Pop, and S. L. Salzberg, “Ultrafast and memory-efficient alignment of short DNA sequences to the human genome,” Genome Biology, vol. 10, no. 3, article R25, 2009.
- D. R. Zerbino and E. Birney, “Velvet: algorithms for de novo short read assembly using de Bruijn graphs,” Genome Research, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 821–829, 2008.
- P. D. Rabinowicz, K. Schutz, N. Dedhia et al., “Differential methylation of genes and retrotransposons facilitates shotgun sequencing of the maize genome,” Nature Genetics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 305–308, 1999.
- P. D. Rabinowicz, R. Citek, M. A. Budiman et al., “Differential methylation of genes and repeats in land plants,” Genome Research, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1431–1440, 2005.