A. Krishnamoorthy, T. G. Deepak, Viswanath C. Narayanan, K. Vineetha, "Effective utilization of idle time in an inventory with positive service tim", International Journal of Stochastic Analysis, vol. 2006, Article ID 069068, 13 pages, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1155/JAMSA/2006/69068
Effective utilization of idle time in an inventory with positive service tim
We deviate from the Berman et al. models in inventory with positive service time. We establish a necessary and sufficient condition for system stability. Several performance measures are computed. An optimisation problem is discussed. Our analysis suggests that it is optimal to place the replenishment order when the inventory level is positive (even in the zero lead time case). Numerical illustrations are provided.
- O. Berman and E. Kim, “Stochastic models for inventory management at service facilities,” Communications in Statistics. Stochastic Models, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 695–718, 1999.
- O. Berman, E. Kim, and D. G. Shimshack, “Deterministic approximations for inventory management at service facilities,” IIE Transactions, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 98–104, 1993.
- O. Berman and K. P. Sapna, “Inventory management at service facilities for systems with arbitrarily distributed service times,” Communications in Statistics. Stochastic Models, vol. 16, no. 3-4, pp. 343–360, 2000.
- E. Naddor, Inventory Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1966.
- M. F. Neuts, Matrix-Geometric Solutions in Stochastic Models. An Algorithmic Approach, vol. 2 of Johns Hopkins Series in the Mathematical Sciences, Johns Hopkins University Press, Maryland, 1981.
Copyright © 2006 A. Krishnamoorthy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.