- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Vascular Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 372450, 2 pages
Great Saphenous Vein Conventional Surgery in Brazil's Outpatients
Peripheral Vascular Surgery, Medical Science College, Campinas State University (UNICAMP), 13083-852 Campians, SP, Brazil
Received 9 August 2011; Accepted 27 September 2011
Academic Editors: B. Hambly and A. Shaish
Copyright © 2011 Charles Angotti Furtado de Medeiros and Ana Terezinha Guillaumon. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. A. Engelhorn, A. L. Engelhorn, M. F. Cassou, C. Casagrande, C. J. Gosalan, and E. Ribas, “Functional anatomic classification of saphenous vein insufficiency in the planning for varicose vein surgery based on color Doppler ultrasound,” Jornal Vascular Brasileiro, vol. 3, pp. 13–19, 2004.
- J. J. Bergan, N. H. Kumins, E. L. Owens, and S. R. Sparks, “Surgical and endovascular treatment of lower extremity venous insufficiency,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 563–568, 2002.
- R. J. Gaspar and C. A. F. de Medeiros, “Combined treatment including varicose vein surgery and sclerotherapy for lower extremity telangiectasias at the same procedure,” Jornal Vascular Brasileiro, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 53–57, 2006.
- C. A. F. de Medeiros, “Varicose vein surgery: history and evolution,” Jornal Vascular Brasileiro, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 295–302, 2006.
- S. Dwerryhouse, B. Davies, K. Harradine, and J. J. Earnshaw, “Stripping the long saphenous vein reduces the rate of reoperation for recurrent varicose veins: five-year results of a randomized trial,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 589–592, 1999.
- C. Morrison and M. C. Dalsing, “Signs and symptoms of saphenous nerve injury after greater saphenous vein stripping: prevalence, severity, and relevance for modern practice,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 886–890, 2003.
- C. A. F. de Medeiros and G. C. Luccas, “Comparison of endovenous treatment with an 810 nm laser versus conventional stripping of the great saphenous vein in patients with primary varicose veins,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1685–1694, 2005.