- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 151092, 3 pages
Plastic Deformation in Profile-Coated Elliptical KB Mirrors
1X-ray Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
2National Synchrotron Light Source II, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
3Synchrotron Soleil, BP 48 Saint-Aubin, 91192 Gif-sur-Yvette, France
4Materials Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
Received 19 July 2012; Accepted 8 August 2012
Academic Editors: K. Hane and S. R. Restaino
Copyright © 2012 Chian Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Strong and E. Gaviola, “On the figuring and correcting of mirrors by controlled deposition of aluminum,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 26, no. 4, p. 153, 1936.
- J. R. Kurdock and R. R. Austin, “Correction of optical elements by the addition of evaporated films,” in Physics of Thin Films, vol. 10, pp. 261–308, 1978.
- C. Liu, L. Assoufid, R. Conley, A. T. Macrander, G. E. Ice, and J. Z. Tischler, “Profile coating and its application for Kirkpatrick-Baez mirrors,” Optical Engineering, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 3622–3628, 2003.
- C. Liu, R. Conley, L. Assoufid, Z. Cai, J. Qian, and A. T. Macrander, “From flat substrate to elliptical KB mirror by profile coating,” AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 705, pp. 704–707, 2004.
- W. Liu, G. E. Ice, J. Z. Tischler et al., “Short focal length Kirkpatrick-Baez mirrors for a hard x-ray nanoprobe,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 76, no. 11, Article ID 113701, 6 pages, 2005.
- C. Liu, G. E. Ice, W. Liu et al., “Fabrication of nested elliptical KB mirrors using profile coating for synchrotron radiation x-ray focusing,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 6, pp. 2182–2186, 2012.
- W. Liu, G. E. Ice, L. Assoufid et al., “Achromatic nested Kirkpatrick-Baez mirror optics for hard x-ray nanofocusing,” Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 575–579, 2011.
- H. Siethoff, “Macroscopic mechanical behaviour of Si at high temperature,” in Properties of Crystalline Silicon, R. Hull, Ed., p. 122, INSPEC, London, UK, 1999.
- D. J. Quinn, B. Wardle, and S. M. Spearing, “Residual stress and microstructure of as-deposited and annealed, sputtered yttria-stabilized zirconia thin films,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 609–618, 2008.
- C. M. Kewish, L. Assoufid, A. T. Macrander, and J. Qian, “Wave-optical simulation of hard-x-ray nanofocusing by precisely figured elliptical mirrors,” Applied Optics, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 2010–2021, 2007.
- J. A. Thornton and D. W. Hoffman, “Stress-related effects in thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 5–31, 1989.
- G. Stoney, “The tension of metallic films deposited by electrolysis,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 82, no. 553, pp. 172–175, 1909.
- N. E. B. Cowern, “Diffusion in a single crystal within a stressed environment,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 15, Article ID 155903, 4 pages, 2007.
- J. Babier and J. L. Demenet, “Low temperature, high stress plastic deformation of semiconductors: the silicon case,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 222, no. 1, pp. 63–74, 2000.
- D. Golini and S. D. Jacobs, “Physics of loose abrasive microgrinding,” Applied Optics, vol. 30, no. 19, pp. 2761–2777, 1991.
- D. Haneman, M. F. Chung, and A. Taloni, “Comparison of thermal behavior of vacuum-crushed, air-crushed, and mechanically polished silicon surfaces by electron paramagnetic resonance,” Physical Review, vol. 170, no. 3, pp. 719–723, 1968.
- D. D. Ryutov, “Thermal stresses in the reflective x-ray optics for the Linac Coherent Light Source,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 74, no. 8, p. 3722, 2003.
- C. Liu, “Ion beam profile etching,” Invention Report ANL-IN-12-015, 2012.