- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 169043, 7 pages
Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anaesthesia in the Paediatric Population
National Health Service (NHS), UK
Received 19 March 2012; Accepted 2 May 2012
Academic Editors: K. Higa and D. Karakaya
Copyright © 2012 Catherine Gerrard and Steve Roberts. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Assmann, C. J. L. McCartney, P. S. Tumber, and V. W. Chan, “Ultrasound guidance for brachial plexus localization and catheter insertion after complete forearm amputation,” Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, vol. 32, no. 1, p. 93, 2007.
- S. Kapral, P. Krafft, K. Eibenberger, R. Fitzgerald, M. Gosch, and C. Weinstabl, “Ultrasound-guided supraclavicular approach for regional anesthesia of the brachial plexus,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 507–513, 1994.
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence, “Guidance on the use of ultrasound location devices for placing central venous catheters,” Technology Appraisal Guidance 49, 2002.
- N. Harris, I. Hodzovic, and P. Latto, “A national survey of the use of ultrasound locating devices for central venous catheters,” Anaesthesia, vol. 62, pp. 306–307, 2007.
- V. W. S. Chan, H. Nova, S. Abbas, C. J. L. McCartney, A. Perlas, and Q. X. Da, “Ultrasound examination and localization of the sciatic nerve: a volunteer study,” Anesthesiology, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 309–314, 2006.
- U. Oberndorfer, P. Marhofer, A. Bösenberg et al., “Ultrasonographic guidance for sciatic and femoral nerve blocks in children,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 98, no. 6, pp. 797–801, 2007.
- M. J. Barrington, S. L. K. Lai, C. A. Briggs, J. J. Ivanusic, and S. R. Gledhill, “Ultrasound-guided midthigh sciatic nerve block-a clinical and anatomical study,” Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 369–376, 2008.
- V. Domingo-Triadó, S. Selfa, F. Martínez et al., “Ultrasound guidance for lateral midfemoral sciatic nerve block: a prospective, comparative, randomized study,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 104, no. 5, pp. 1270–1274, 2007.
- A. Rashad Aziz, N. Farid, and A. Abdelaal, “Ultrasound-guided regional anaesthesia and paediatric surgery,” Current Anaesthesia and Critical Care, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 74–79, 2009.
- J. Ota, S. Sakura, K. Hara, and Y. Saito, “Ultrasound-guided anterior approach to sciatic nerve block: a comparison with the posterior approach,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 660–665, 2009.
- Ø. Klaastad, A. R. Sauter, and M. S. Dodgson, “Brachial plexus block with or without ultrasound guidance,” Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 655–660, 2009.
- S. Kapral, M. Greher, G. Huber et al., “Ultrasonographic guidance improves the success rate of interscalene brachial plexus blockade,” Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 253–258, 2008.
- C. J. L. McCartney, D. Xu, C. Constantinescu, S. Abbas, and V. W. S. Chan, “Ultrasound examination of peripheral nerves in the forearm,” Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 434–439, 2007.