- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 404075, 6 pages
Primary Atrophic Rhinitis: A Clinical Profile, Microbiological and Radiological Study
1Department of ENT & Pharmacology, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun 248140, India
2Department of ENT, MLB Medical College, Jhansi 284128, India
Received 17 August 2012; Accepted 7 October 2012
Academic Editors: F. Esteban and V. Sciarretta
Copyright © 2012 Sampan S. Bist et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Shehata, “Atrophic rhinitis,” American Journal of Otolaryngology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 81–86, 1996.
- C. Bunnag, P. Jareoncharsri, P. Tansuriyawong, W. Bhothisuwan, and N. Chantarakul, “Characteristics of atrophic rhinitis in Thai patients at the Siriraj Hospital,” Rhinology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 125–130, 1999.
- S. N. Dutt and M. Kameswaran, “The aetiology and management of atrophic rhinitis,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 119, no. 11, pp. 843–852, 2005.
- F. Artiles, A. Bordes, A. Conde, S. Domínguez, J. L. Ramos, and S. Suárez, “Chronic atrophic rhinitis and Klebsiella ozaenae infection,” Enfermedades Infecciosas y Microbiologia Clinica, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 299–300, 2000.
- Y. Zohar, Y. P. Talmi, M. Strauss, Y. Finkelstein, and Y. Shvilli, “Ozena revisited,” Journal of Otolaryngology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 345–349, 1990.
- I. Bernát, “Ozaena and iron deficiency,” British MedicalJournal, vol. 3, no. 613, p. 315, 1968.
- V. N. Chaturvedi, “Atrophic rhinitis and nasal miasis,” in ENT Disorders in a Tropical Environment, S. Kameswaran and M. Kameswaran, Eds., pp. 119–128, MERF Publications, 2nd edition, 1999.
- J. Zakrzewski, “On the etiology of systemic ozena,” Otolaryngologia Polska, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 452–458, 1993.
- M. S. Amreliwala, S. K. T. Jain, R. M. Raizada, V. Sinha, and V. N. Chaturvedi, “Atrophic rhinitis: an inherited condition,” Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 4, pp. 43–46, 1993.
- I. Andersen, P. Camner, and P. L. Jensen, “Nasal clearance in monozygotic twins,” The American Review of Respiratory Disease, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 301–305, 1974.
- C. L. Ssali, “Atrophic rhinitis. A new curative surgical treatment (middle turbinectomy),” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 397–403, 1973.
- P. J. V. Van der Veken, P. A. R. Clement, T. Buisseret, B. Desprechins, L. Kaufman, and M. P. Derde, “CT-scan study of the incidence of sinus involvement and nasal anatomic variations in 196 children,” Rhinology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 177–184, 1990.
- J. L. Ferguson, T. V. McCaffrey, E. B. Kern, and W. J. Martin, “Effect of Klebsiella ozaenae on ciliary activivy in vitro: implications in the pathogenesis of atrophic rhinitis,” Otolaryngology, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 207–211, 1990.
- Z. Lu, X. Xie, and L. Liao, “A preliminary study on etiology of atrophic rhinitis in Zunyi,” Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 41–43, 1995.
- L. Mickiewicz, T. Mikulski, W. Kuzna-Grygiel, and Z. Swiech, “Assessment of the nasal mucosa in workers exposed to the prolonged effect of phosphorite and apatite dusts,” Polish Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 277–285, 1993.
- A. Zakrzewski, A. Topilko, and J. Zakrzewski, “Nasal mucosa in the iron deficient state. A clinical and electron microscopic study,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 79, no. 3-4, pp. 176–179, 1975.
- C. Han-Sen, “The ozena problem. Clinical analysis of atrophic rhinitis in 100 cases,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 93, no. 5-6, pp. 461–464, 1982.
- E. Wiatr, M. Pirozyński, and P. Dobrzyński, “Osteochondroplastic tracheobronchopathy–relation to rhinitis atrophica and iron deficiency,” Pneumonologia i Alergologia Polska, vol. 61, no. 11-12, pp. 641–646, 1993.
- L. H. Hiranandani, “Atrophic rhinitis a nutritional disorder,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Infection and Allergy of the Nose and Paranasal Sinuses, R. Takahashi, Ed., pp. 206–208, Scimed Publications, 1976.
- H. Barkve and G. Djupesland, “Ozaena and iron deficiency,” British Medical Journal, vol. 2, no. 601, pp. 336–337, 1968.
- R. P. E. Barton and J. R. Sibert, “Primary atrophic rhinitis: an inherited condition?” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 94, no. 9, pp. 979–983, 1980.
- I. Singh, “Atrophic rhinitis: a familial disease?” Tropical Doctor, vol. 22, no. 2, p. 84, 1992.
- L. Medina, M. Benazzo, G. Bertino et al., “Clinical, genetic and immunologic analysis of a family affected by ozena,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 260, no. 7, pp. 390–394, 2003.
- I. Singh, R. M. Raizada, and V. N. Chaturvedi, “Atrophic rhinitis: a bacteriological profile,” Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, vol. 3, pp. 154–155, 1994.
- E. Mangunkusumo and E. Marbun, “Bacteriological aspects in atrophic rhinitis (Indonesian). Cited in Soetjipto D. Atrophic rhinitis, review of surgical management,” Asean ORL Jurnal, vol. 1, pp. 138–131, 1998.
- K. G. Effat and N. M. Madany, “Microbiological study of role of fungi in primary atrophic rhinitis,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 631–634, 2009.
- M. S. Chand and C. J. Macarthur, “Primary atrophic rhinitis: a summary of four cases and review of the literature,” Otolaryngology, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 554–558, 1997.
- A. Pace-Balzan, L. Shankar, and M. Hawke, “Computed tomographic findings in atrophic rhinitis,” Journal of Otolaryngology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 428–432, 1991.
- M. A. E. Hagrass, A. M. Gamea, S. G. El-Sherief, A. S. El-Guindy, and F. A. Y. El-Tatawi, “Radiological and endoscopic study of the maxillary sinus in primary atrophic rhinitis,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 106, no. 8, pp. 702–703, 1992.
- Y. P. Talmi, J. Bar-Ziv, D. Cohen, Y. Finkelstein, and J. Kronenberg, “Computed tomography study involvement in ozena,” American Journal of Rhinology, vol. 9, pp. 281–284, 1995.
- M. Kameswaran, “Fibre-optic endoscopy in atrophic rhinitis,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 105, no. 12, pp. 1014–1017, 1991.