- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 487275, 6 pages
On the Constructibility of Real 5th Roots of Rational Numbers with Marked Ruler and Compass
Mathematics Department, CALCampus, NH 03461, USA
Received 28 March 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editors: W. de Graaf and S. Raianu
Copyright © 2012 Elliot Benjamin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. E. Martin, Geometric Constructions, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- P. Morandi, Field and Galois Theory, vol. 167 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- A. Baragar, “Constructions using a compass and twice-notched straightedge,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 151–164, 2002.
- C. R. Videla, “On points constructible from conics,” The Mathematical Intelligencer, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 53–57, 1997.
- J. Robertson and C. Snyder, “A simple geometric construction involving ultraradicals,” Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 103–124, 2011.
- S. Lang, Undergraduate Algebra, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.