- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 617535, 6 pages
Prevalence and Risk Factors of Discordance between Left- and Right-Hip Bone Mineral Density Using DXA
Rheumatology Department, Military Hospital Mohammed V, P.O. Box 1018, Rabat, Morocco
Received 11 March 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editors: A. Adebajo, A. M. Huber, and A. Schattner
Copyright © 2012 Aziza Mounach et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Kanis, “Diagnosis of osteoporosis and assessment of fracture risk,” The Lancet, vol. 359, no. 9321, pp. 1929–1936, 2002.
- E. Leib, “Indications and reporting for dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 37–44, 2004.
- A. El Maghraoui, B. A. Koumba, I. Jroundi, L. Achemlal, A. Bezza, and M. A. Tazi, “Epidemiology of hip fractures in 2002 in Rabat, Morocco,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 597–602, 2005.
- D. Hans, R. W. Downs Jr., F. Duboeuf et al., “Skeletal sites for osteoporosis diagnosis: the 2005 ISCD Official Positions,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 15–21, 2006.
- A. El Maghraoui, D. A. Mouinga Abayi, H. Rkain, and A. Mounach, “Discordance in diagnosis of osteoporosis using spine and hip bone densitometry,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 153–156, 2007.
- A. El Maghraoui, D. A. M. Abayi, I. Ghozlani et al., “Prevalence and risk factors of discordance in diagnosis of osteoporosis using spine and hip bone densitometry,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 271–272, 2007.
- T. Rand, G. Seidl, F. Kainberger et al., “Impact of spinal degenerative changes on the evaluation of bone mineral density with dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA),” Calcified Tissue International, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 430–433, 1997.
- T. Masud, S. Jawed, D. V. Doyle, and T. D. Spector, “A population study of the screening potential of assessment of trabecular pattern of the femoral neck (Singh index): the Chingford study,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 68, no. 808, pp. 389–393, 1995.
- G. Liu, M. Peacock, O. Eilam, G. Dorulla, E. Braunstein, and C. C. Johnston, “Effect of osteoarthritis in the lumbar spine and hip on bone mineral density and diagnosis of osteoporosis in elderly men and women,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 564–569, 1997.
- D. O'Gradaigh, I. Debiram, S. Love, H. K. Richards, and J. E. Compston, “A prospective study of discordance in diagnosis of osteoporosis using spine and proximal femur bone densitometry,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 2003.
- G. Woodson, “Dual X-ray absorptiometry T-score concordance and discordance between hip and spine measurement sites,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 319–324, 2000.
- H. Xu, J. Gong, J. X. Chen, T. M. Zhang, and Q. L. Wu, “Bilateral femoral bone mineral density measurements in Chinese women and men,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 165–169, 2007.
- A. D. Rao, S. Reddy, and D. S. Rao, “Is there a difference between right and left femoral bone density?” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 57–61, 2000.
- A. El Maghraoui, A. A. Do Santos Zounon, I. Jroundi et al., “Reproducibility of bone mineral density measurements using dual X-ray absorptiometry in daily clinical practice,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 1742–1748, 2005.
- A. El Maghraoui, L. Achemlal, and A. Bezza, “Monitoring of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry measurement in clinical practice,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 281–286, 2006.
- A. El Maghraoui, A. A. Guerboub, L. Achemlal et al., “Bone mineral density of the spine and femur in healthy Moroccan women,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 454–460, 2006.
- R. Hamdy, G. M. Kiebzak, E. Seier, and N. B. Watts, “The prevalence of significant left-right differences in hip bone mineral density,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1772–1780, 2006.
- R. Cole and J. Larson, “The effect of measurement of the contralateral hip if the spine is not included in the bone mineral density analysis,” Journal of Clinical Densitometry, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 210–216, 2006.
- J. A. Kanis, O. Johnell, A. Oden, H. Johansson, and E. McCloskey, “FRAX and the assessment of fracture probability in men and women from the UK,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 385–397, 2008.