- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 670389, 6 pages
Development of MoSi2-SiC Component for Satellite Launch Vehicle
Materials And Metallurgy Group, Materials And Mechanical Entity, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation, Trivandrum 695 022, India
Received 7 August 2012; Accepted 29 August 2012
Academic Editors: D. Escalera and P.-Y. Lee
Copyright © 2012 G. P. Khanra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. L. Jeng and E. J. Lavernia, “Processing of molybdenum disilicide,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 29, pp. 2557–2571, 1994.
- R. Mitra, N. E. Prasad, and Y. R. Mahajan, “REACTION hot pressed silicides and silicide matrix composites: processing, microstructure and properties,” Transaction of the Indian Ceramic Society, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 71–78, 1997.
- A. K. Vasudevan and J. J. Petrovic, “A comparative overview of molybdenum disilicide composites,” Materials Science and Engineering: A, vol. 155, pp. 1–17, 1992.
- J. J. Petrovic, “Mechanical behavior of MoSi2 and MoSi2 composites,” Materials Science and Engineering: A, vol. 192-193, pp. 31–37, 1995.
- J. J. Petrovic and R. E. Honnell, “Partially stabilized ZrO2 particle-MoSi2 matrix composites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 4453–4456, 1990.
- K. Sadananda, C. R. Feng, H. Jones, and J. Petrovic, “Creep of molybdenum disilicide composite,” Materials Science and Engineering: A, vol. 155, pp. 227–239, 1992.
- F. D. GAC and J. J. Petrovic, “Feasibility of a composite of SiC Whiskers in an MoSi2 matrix,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. C-200–CC201, 1985.
- Peter J. Meschter and Daniel S. Schwartz, “Silicide-matrix materials for high-temperature applications,” Journal of metals, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 52–55, 1989.
- M. J. Maloney and R. J. Hecht, “Development of continuous-fiber-reinforced MoSi2-base composites,” Materials Science and Engineering: A, vol. 155, pp. 19–31, 1992.
- S. C. Deevi, “Diffusional reactions in the combustion synthesis of MoSi2,” Materials Science and Engineering: A, vol. 149, pp. 241–251, 1992.
- R. Mitra, Y. R. Mahajan, N. E. Prasad, and W. A. Chiun, “Processing-microstructure-property relationships in reaction hot-pressed MoSi2 and MoSi2/SiCp composites,” Materials Science and Engineering: A, vol. 225, pp. 105–117, 1997.
- R. B. Schwarz, S. R. Srinivasan, J. J. Petrovic, and C. J. Maggiore, “Synthesis of molybdenum disilicide by mechanical alloying,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 155, no. 1-2, pp. 75–83, 1992.
- NIST Structural Ceramics data base no. 30.
- R. M. German, Powder Metallurgy Science, MPIF, 2nd edn edition, 1984.
- W. D. Kingery, H. K. Bowen, and D. R. Uhlmann, Introduction To Ceramics, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1976.