- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 816474, 8 pages
Titanium Dioxide Nanofibers and Microparticles Containing Nickel Nanoparticles
1Department of Chemistry, University of Texas-Pan American, Edinburg, TX 78539, USA
2DTU Food, Technical University of Denmark, Soltofts Plads, Building 227 2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
3Department of Bio and Nano System Engineering, College of Engineering, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju 561-756, Republic of Korea
4Department of Mechanical Design and Materials Engineering, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju 561-756, Republic of Korea
5National Center for Natural Products Research, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677, USA
6Department of Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology, Energy & Environment Fusion Technology Center, Myongji University, Kyonggi-do, Yongin 449-728, Republic of Korea
Received 30 September 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editors: J. Bai, G. Dzhardimalieva, T. Peijs, and X. Sun
Copyright © 2012 Faheem A. Sheikh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. de Battista, R. J. Mantz, and F. Garelli, “Power conditioning for a wind-hydrogen energy system,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 478–486, 2006.
- H. Miland, R. Glöckner, P. Taylor, R. Jarle Aaberg, and G. Hagen, “Load control of a wind-hydrogen stand-alone power system,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 1215–1235, 2006.
- R. J. Farrauto, “Introduction to solid polymer membrane fuel cells and reforming natural gas for production of hydrogen,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 56, no. 1-2, pp. 3–7, 2005.
- A. Heinzel, B. Vogel, and P. Hübner, “Reforming of natural gas—hydrogen generation for small scale stationary fuel cell systems,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 202–207, 2002.
- G. J. Stiegel and M. Ramezan, “Hydrogen from coal gasification: an economical pathway to a sustainable energy future,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 65, no. 3-4, pp. 173–190, 2006.
- E. E. Iojoiu, M. E. Domine, T. Davidian, N. Guilhaume, and C. Mirodatos, “Hydrogen production by sequential cracking of biomass-derived pyrolysis oil over noble metal catalysts supported on ceria-zirconia,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 323, pp. 147–161, 2007.
- S. C. Amendola, S. L. Sharp-Goldman, M. S. Janjua et al., “Safe, portable, hydrogen gas generator using aqueous borohydride solution and Ru catalyst,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 969–975, 2000.
- J. H. Kim, K. T. Kim, Y. M. Kang et al., “Study on degradation of filamentary Ni catalyst on hydrolysis of sodium borohydride,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 379, no. 1-2, pp. 222–227, 2004.
- J. J. Vajo, S. L. Skeith, F. Mertens, and S. W. Jorgensen, “Hydrogen-generating solid-state hydride/hydroxide reactions,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 390, no. 1-2, pp. 55–61, 2005.
- J. O. Jensen, Q. Li, R. He, C. Pan, and N. J. Bjerrum, “100–200 °C polymer fuel cells for use with NaAlH4,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 404–406, pp. 653–656, 2005.
- Y. Kojima, K. I. Suzuki, and Y. Kawai, “Hydrogen generation from lithium borohydride solution over nano-sized platinum dispersed on LiCoO2,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 325–328, 2006.
- H. I. Schlesinger, H. C. Brown, A. E. Finholt, J. R. Gilbreath, H. R. Hoekstra, and E. K. Hyde, “Sodium borohydride, its hydrolysis and its use as a reducing agent and in the generation of hydrogen,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 215–219, 1953.
- D. Hua, Y. Hanxi, A. Xinping, and C. Chuansin, “Hydrogen production from catalytic hydrolysis of sodium borohydride solution using nickel boride catalyst,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1095–1100, 2003.
- M. Zahmakiran and S. Özkar, “Water dispersible acetate stabilized ruthenium(0) nanoclusters as catalyst for hydrogen generation from the hydrolysis of sodium borohyride,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 258, no. 1-2, pp. 95–103, 2006.
- J. A. Ritter, A. D. Ebner, J. Wang, and R. Zidan, “Implementing a hydrogen economy,” Materials Today, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 18–23, 2003.
- J. H. Kim, H. Lee, S. C. Han, H. S. Kim, M. S. Song, and J. Y. Lee, “Production of hydrogen from sodium borohydride in alkaline solution: development of catalyst with high performance,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 263–267, 2004.
- D. L. Calabretta and B. R. Davis, “Investigation of the anhydrous molten Na–B–O–H system and the concept: electrolytic hydriding of sodium boron oxide species,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 782–791, 2007.
- Y. Kojima, K. I. Suzuki, K. Fukumoto et al., “Development of 10 kW-scale hydrogen generator using chemical hydride,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 22–26, 2004.
- N. Patel, B. Patton, C. Zanchetta et al., “Pd–C powder and thin film catalysts for hydrogen production by hydrolysis of sodium borohydride,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 287–292, 2008.
- J. S. Zhang, W. N. Delgass, T. S. Fisher, and J. P. Gore, “Kinetics of Ru-catalyzed sodium borohydride hydrolysis,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 772–781, 2007.
- W. Ye, H. Zhang, D. Xu, L. Ma, and B. Yi, “Hydrogen generation utilizing alkaline sodium borohydride solution and supported cobalt catalyst,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 544–548, 2007.
- S. U. Jeong, R. K. Kim, E. A. Cho et al., “A study on hydrogen generation from NaBH4 solution using the high-performance Co–B catalyst,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 129–134, 2005.
- O. Metin and S. Özkar, “Hydrogen generation from the hydrolysis of sodium borohydride by using water dispersible, hydrogenphosphate-stabilized nickel(0) nanoclusters as catalyst,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1707–1715, 2007.
- J. C. Ingersoll, N. Mani, J. C. Thenmozhiyal, and A. Muthaiah, “Catalytic hydrolysis of sodium borohydride by a novel nickel-cobalt-boride catalyst,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 173, no. 1, pp. 450–457, 2007.
- R. Peña-Alonso, A. Sicurelli, E. Callone, G. Carturan, and R. Raj, “A picoscale catalyst for hydrogen generation from NaBH4 for fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 165, no. 1, pp. 315–323, 2007.
- M. Ziabari, V. Mottaghitalab, and A. K. Haghi, “A new approach for optimization of electrospun nanofiber formation process,” Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 340–354, 2010.
- G. T. Kim, Y. C. Ahn, and J. K. Lee, “Characteristics of Nylon 6 nanofilter for removing ultra fine particles,” Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 368–372, 2008.
- F. A. Sheikh, N. A. M. Barakat, M. A. Kanjwal, S. J. Park, D. K. Park, and H. Y. Kim, “Synthesis of poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) nanofibers incorporating hydroxyapatite nanoparticles as future implant materials,” Macromolecular Research, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 59–66, 2010.
- M. A. Kanjwal, N. A. M. Barakat, F. A. Sheikh, W. I. Baek, M. S. Khil, and H. Y. Kim, “Effects of silver content and morphology on the catalytic activity of silver-grafted titanium oxide nanostructure,” Fibers and Polymers, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 700–709, 2010.
- Y. Chen and H. Kim, “Use of a nickel-boride-silica nanocomposite catalyst prepared by in-situ reduction for hydrogen production from hydrolysis of sodium borohydride,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 966–972, 2008.
- F. A. Sheikh, M. A. Kanjwal, H. Y. Kim, and H. Kim, “Fabrication of titanium dioxide nanofibers containing hydroxyapatite nanoparticles,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 1, pp. 296–301, 2010.
- F. A. Sheikh, N. A. M. Barakat, M. A. Kanjwal et al., “Electrospun titanium dioxide nanofibers containing hydroxyapatite and silver nanoparticles as future implant materials,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 2551–2559, 2010.
- F. A. Sheikh, N. A. M. Barakat, M. A. Kanjwal, S. H. Jeon, H. S. Kang, and H. Y. Kim, “Self synthesize of silver nanoparticles in/on polyurethane nanofibers: nano-biotechnological approach,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 115, no. 6, pp. 3189–3198, 2010.
- M. A. Kanjwal, N. A. M. Barakat, F. A. Sheikh, M. S. Khil, and H. Y. Kim, “Functionalization of electrospun titanium oxide nanofibers with silver nanoparticles: strongly effective photocatalyst,” International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. E54–E63, 2010.
- JCDPS card no 21-1272.
- JCDPS card no 7440-02-0.