- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 839612, 6 pages
Chemical Synthesis and Properties of Novel Nanostructures and Microplatelets
1Department of Physics, University of Botswana, Private Bag UB 0022 Gaborone, Botswana
2African Materials Science and Engineering Network (AMSEN), A Carnegie IAS-RISE Network, UB Node, Private Bag UB 0022 Gaborone, Botswana
Received 2 August 2012; Accepted 29 August 2012
Academic Editors: S.-S. Lin, K. Yamashita, and K. Zupan
Copyright © 2012 Cosmas M. Muiva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. R. Ota, P. Roy, S. K. Srivastava, R. Popovitz-Biro, and R. Tenne, “A simple hydrothermal method for the growth of nanorods,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1700–1705, 2006.
- R. H. Bari and L. A. Patil, “Synthesis and characterization of bismuth selenide thin films by chemical bath deposition technique,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 127–132, 2010.
- X. Yang, X. Wang, and Z. Zhang, “Synthesis and optical properties of single-crystalline bismuth selenide nanorods via a convenient route,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 276, no. 3-4, pp. 566–570, 2005.
- J. Waters, D. Crouch, P. O'Brien, and J. H. Park, “Fabrication of thin films of bismuth selenide using novel single-source precursors by metal organic chemical vapor deposition,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 599–602, 2003.
- H. Cui, H. Liu, X. Li et al., “Synthesis of thermoelectric nanosheets and nanotubes through hydrothermal co-reduction method,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 11, pp. 4001–4006, 2004.
- K. Kadel, L. Kumari, W. Z. Li, J. Y. Huang, and P. P. Provencio, “Synthesis and thermoelectric properties of nanostructures,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 6, no. 1, article 57, 2011.
- C. Xiao, J. Yang, W. Zhu, J. Peng, and J. Zhang, “Electrodeposition and characterization of thin films by electrochemical atomic layer epitaxy (ECALE),” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 54, no. 27, pp. 6821–6826, 2009.
- B. R. Sankapala and C. D. Lokhande, “Photoelectrochemical characterization of Bi2Se3 thin films deposited by SILAR technique,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 73, p. 151, 2002.
- J. Li, Y. Zhu, J. Du, J. Zhang, and Y. Qian, “Synthesis and shape evolution of bismuth selenide hollow nanospheres,” Solid State Communications, vol. 147, no. 1-2, pp. 36–40, 2008.
- T. E. Manjulavalli, T. Balasubramanian, and D. Nataraj, “Structural and optical properties of thermally evaporated thin film,” Chalcogenide Letters, vol. 5, pp. 297–302, 2008.
- R. Venkatasubramanian, E. Siivola, T. Colpitts, and B. O'Quinn, “Thin-film thermoelectric devices with high room-temperature figures of merit,” Nature, vol. 413, no. 6856, pp. 597–602, 2001.
- C. Muiva, S. T. Sathiaraj, and K. Maabong, “Chemical spray pyrolysis path to synthesis of ZnO microsausages from aggregation of elongated double tipped nanoparticles,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 706–709, pp. 2577–2582, 2012.
- C. M. Muiva, T. S. Sathiaraj, and K. Maabong, “Effect of doping concentration on the properties of aluminium doped zinc oxide thin films prepared by spray pyrolysis for transparent electrode applications,” Ceramics International, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 555–560, 2011.
- S. Subramanian and D. P. Padiyan, “Effect of structural, electrical and optical properties of electrodeposited bismuth selenide thin films in polyaniline aqueous medium,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 107, no. 2-3, pp. 392–398, 2008.
- D. Cullity and S. R. Stock, Elements of X-Ray Diffraction, Prentice-Hall, New York, USA, 3rd edition, 2001.
- A. van der Drift, “Evolutionary selection, a principle governing growth orientation in vapour-deposited layers,” Philips Research Reports, vol. 22, pp. 267–288, 1967.
- B. E. Warren, X-Ray Diffraction, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- Z. Abdel-Khalek Ali, G. H. Adel, and A. S. Abd-Rbo, “Structural and electrical properties of the chalcogenide glasses Bi30 Se(70-x) Tex system,” Chalcogenide Letters, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 265–271, 2009.
- V. Leonid, V. Azaroff, and M. J. Buerger, The Powder Method in X-Ray Crystallography, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1958.
- J. I. Pankove, Optical Processes in Semiconductors, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1971.
- V. M. García, M. T. S. Nair, P. K. Nair, and R. A. Zingaro, “Chemical deposition of bismuth selenide thin films using N,N-dimethylselenourea,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 645–653, 1997.
- A. P. Torane, C. D. Lokhande, P. S. Patil, and C. H. Bhosale, “Preparation and characterization of electrodeposited thin films,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 51–54, 1998.
- C. M. Muiva, S. T. Sathiaraj, and J. M. Mwabora, “Thermal and compositional defects in chemical spray pyrolysed indium selenide (In2Se3) thin films: effects on film properties,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 13, p. 1240, 2011.