- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 912642, 3 pages
Safe Removal of the Urethral Catheter 2 Days Following Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Edgbaston, Brimingham B15 2TH, UK
Received 31 March 2012; Accepted 14 June 2012
Academic Editors: H. Al-Ali, J. Bentel, and A. Berner
Copyright © 2012 Philip James et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. W. Schuessler, P. G. Schulam, R. V. Clayman, and L. R. Kavoussi, “Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: initial short-term experience,” Urology, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 854–857, 1997.
- B. Guillonneau, X. Cathelineau, E. Barret, F. Rozet, and G. Vallancien, “Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: technical and early oncological assessment of 40 operations,” European Urology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 14–20, 1999.
- A. Hoznek, Y. Menard, L. Salomon, and C. C. Abbou, “Update on laparoscopic and robotic radical prostatectomy,” Current Opinion in Urology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 173–180, 2005.
- A. M. Omar and N. Townell, “Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy a review of the literature and comparison with open techniques,” Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 295–301, 2004.
- A. Nadu, L. Salomon, A. Hoznek, et al., “Early removal of the catheter after laparoscopic radical prostatectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 166, no. 5, pp. 1662–1664, 2001.
- M. R. Humphreys, M. T. Gettman, G. K. Chow, H. Zincke, and M. L. Blute, “Minimally invasive radical prostatectomy,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 79, no. 9, pp. 1169–1180, 2004.
- F. Rocco, L. Carmignani, P. Acquati et al., “Restoration of posterior aspect of rhabdosphincter shortens continence time after radical retropubic prostatectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 175, no. 6, pp. 2201–2206, 2006.
- S. B. Bhayani, C. P. Pavlovich, T. S. Hsu, W. Sullivan, and L. M. Su, “Prospective comparison of short-term convalescence: laparoscopic radical prostatectomy versus open radical retropubic prostatectomy,” Urology, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 612–616, 2003.
- P. Tauzin-Fin, M. Sesay, L. Svartz, M. C. Krol-Houdek, and P. Maurette, “Sublingual oxybutynin reduces postoperative pain related to indwelling bladder catheter after radical retropubic prostatectomy,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 572–575, 2007.
- K. E. Andersson, “Advances in the pharmacological control of the bladder,” Experimental Physiology, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 195–213, 1999.
- A. R. Mundy and D. E. Andrich, “Urethral strictures,” BJU International, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 6–26, 2011.
- J. Robinson, “Removing indwelling catheters: trial without catheter in the community,” British Journal of Community Nursing, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 553–557, 2005.
- K. On Lau and C. Cheng, “Feasibility of early catheter removal after radical retropubic prostatectomy,” Techniques in Urology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 38–40, 2001.