- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 921873, 6 pages
Oxalic Acid Regeneration of Ceramic Filter Medium Used in the Dewatering of Iron Ore
1LUT Chemistry, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Skinnarilankatu 34, 53850 Lappeenranta, Finland
2Laboratory of Inorganic Materials, Tallinn University of Technology, Ehitajate Tee 5, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia
3Outotec (Filters) Oy, Urusvuorenkatu 5, 20630 Turku, Finland
Received 17 September 2012; Accepted 23 October 2012
Academic Editors: J. Lobato and A. Szymczyk
Copyright © 2012 Riina Salmimies et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Blesa, H. A. Marinovich, E. C. Baumgartner, and A. J. G. Maroto, “Mechanism of dissolution of magnetite by oxalic acid-ferrous ion solutions,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 22, pp. 3713–3717, 1987.
- R. M. Cornell and P. W. Schindler, “Photochemical dissolution of goethite in acid/oxalate solution,” Clays and Clay Minerals, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 347–352, 1987.
- M. Taxiarchou, D. Panias, I. Douni, I. Paspaliaris, and A. Kontopoulos, “Dissolution of hematite in acidic oxalate solutions,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 287–299, 1997.
- G. J. Houben, “Iron oxide incrustations in wells. Part 2: chemical dissolution and modeling,” Applied Geochemistry, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 941–954, 2003.
- S. K. Mandal and P. C. Banerjee, “Iron leaching from China clay with oxalic acid: effect of different physico-chemical parameters,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 74, no. 1–4, pp. 263–270, 2004.
- S. O. Lee, T. Tran, Y. Y. Park, S. J. Kim, and M. J. Kim, “Study on the kinetics of iron oxide leaching by oxalic acid,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 80, no. 2–4, pp. 144–152, 2006.
- S. O. Lee, T. Tran, B. H. Jung, S. J. Kim, and M. J. Kim, “Dissolution of iron oxide using oxalic acid,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 87, no. 3-4, pp. 91–99, 2007.
- R. Salmimies, M. Mannila, J. Kallas, and A. Häkkinen, “Acidic dissolution of magnetite: experimental study on the effects of acid concentration and temperature,” Clays and Clay Minerals, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 136–146, 2011.
- R. Salmimies, M. Mannila, J. Kallas, and A. Häkkinen, “Acidic dissolution of hematite: kinetic and thermodynamic investigations with oxalic acid,” International Journal of Mineral Processing, vol. 110-111, pp. 121–125, 2012.
- Y. Zhao, J. Zhong, H. Li, N. Xu, and J. Shi, “Fouling and regeneration of ceramic microfiltration membranes in processing acid wastewater containing fine TiO2 particles,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 208, no. 1-2, pp. 331–341, 2002.
- M. Gryta, “Effect of iron oxides scaling on the MD process performance,” Desalination, vol. 216, no. 1–3, pp. 88–102, 2007.
- H. Yamamura, S. Chae, K. Kimura, and Y. Watanabe, “Transition in fouling mechanism in microfiltration of a surface water,” Water Research, vol. 41, no. 17, pp. 3812–3822, 2007.
- T. Quadt and E. Schmidt, “Membranes: optimising the regeneration of ceramic membranes,” Filtration and Separation, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 26–28, 2011.
- R. Salmimies, A. Häkkinen, J. Kallas, B. Ekberg, J. P. Andreassen, and R. Beck, “Characterisation of long-term scaling effects of ceramic filter media used in the dewatering of iron ore,” in Proceedings of the Iron Ore 2011, AusIMM, Perth, Australia, 2011.