- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 612837, 13 pages
Thermophysical Properties of Binary Liquid Systems of Ethanoic Acid, Propanoic Acid, and Butanoic Acid with Benzene or Acetophenone
University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160 014, India
Received 10 June 2013; Accepted 14 July 2013
Academic Editors: A. Gil-Villegas, B.-T. Liu, and G. Pellicane
Copyright © 2013 R. Ahluwalia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Ahluwalia, R. K. Wanchoo, and J. L. Vashisht, “Some physical properties of binary liquid systems: (ethanoic acid or propanoic acid or butanoic acid + ethanenitrile),” Physics and Chemistry of Liquids, vol. 29, pp. 87–96, 1995.
- B. S. Lark and T. S. Banipal, “Excess volumes and excess enthalpies of acetic and its methyl substituted acids + acetonitrile,” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 63, pp. 3269–3275, 1985.
- M. C. S. Subha and S. Brahmaji Rao, “Thermodynamic properties of binary acid-base mixtures,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 104–106, 1988.
- H. E. Affsprung, G. H. Findenegg, and F. Kohler, “The volumetric and dielectric behaviour of acetic acid in mixtures with nonpolar liquids,” Journal of the Chemical Society A, pp. 1364–1370, 1968.
- G. Bolat, D. Sutiman, and G. Lisa, “Experimental densities of binary mixtures: acetic acid with benzene at several temperatures,” AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 1332, no. 1, p. 270, 2011.
- R. K. Wanchoo, J. Narayan, G. K. Raina, and V. K. Rattan, “Excess properties of (2-propanal + ethylacetate or benzene) binary liquid mixture,” Chemical Engineering Communications, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 145–156, 1989.
- J. A. Riddick and W. B. Bunger, Techniques of Chemistry, vol. II, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- A. Weissberger, Techniques of Organic Chemistry, Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1965.
- B. P. Levitt, Findlay’s Practical Physical Chemistry, Longman, London, UK, 9th edition, 1973.
- G. C. Franchini, A. Marchetti, M. Tagliazucchi, L. Tassi, and G. Tosi, “Ethane-1,2-diol-2-methoxyethanol solvent system. Dependence of the relative permittivity and refractive index on the temperature and composition of the binary mixture,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, vol. 87, no. 16, pp. 2583–2588, 1991.
- L. Grunberg and A. H. Nissan, “Mixture law for viscosity,” Nature, vol. 164, no. 4175, pp. 799–800, 1949.
- R. C. Reid, J. M. Prausnitz, and T. K. Sherwood, The Properties of Gases and Liquids, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1958.
- O. Redlich and A. T. Kister, “Algebraic representation of thermodynamic properties and the classification of solutions,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry, vol. 40, pp. 345–348, 1948.
- A. B. K. Stevanovic, G. M. Babic, M. Lj Kijevcanin, S. P. Serbanoviv, and D. K. Grozdanic, “Correlation of the liquid mixture viscosities,” Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society, vol. 77, no. 8, pp. 1083–1089, 2012.
- R. L. McAllister, “The viscosity of liquid mixtures,” AIChE Journal, vol. 6, pp. 427–431, 1960.
- E. L. Heric, “On the viscosity of ternary mixtures,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 66–68, 1966.
- G. Auslander, “The properties of mixtures: part I,” British Chemical Engineering, vol. 9, pp. 610–618, 1964.
- A. S. Teja and P. Rice, “Generalized corresponding states method for the viscosities of liquid mixtures,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Fundamentals, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 77–81, 1981.
- A. S. Teja and P. Rice, “The measurement and prediction of the viscosities of some binary liquid mixtures containing n-hexane,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 7–10, 1981.
- A. S. Teja and P. Rice, “A generalized corresponding states method for the prediction of the thermal conductivity of liquids and liquid mixtures,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 417–422, 1981.
- T. R. Kubendran, S. P. Palaniappan, M. R. V. Krishnan, and G. S. Laddha, “Viscosities of binary and ternary liquid mixtures involving acetone carbon-tetrachloride and benzene,” Indian Journal of Technology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 22–25, 1986.
- W. Zihao and F. Jufu, “Surface Tension of Binary liquid mixtures,” in Proceedings of the Joint Meeting of Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China and AIChE, p. 143, Beijing, China, September 1982.
- P. Rice and A. S. Teja, “A generalized corresponding-states method for the prediction of surface tension of pure liquids and liquid mixtures,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 158–163, 1982.
- R. K. Wanchoo and J. Narayan, “Some physical properties of binary liquid systems: (2-butanone+n-propionic acid or n-butyric acid),” Physics and Chemistry of Liquids, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 159–167, 1994.
- B. S. Lark, S. Singh, S. K. Aggarwal, and S. Makkar, “Excess volumes of n-butyric acid + various polar and nonpolar solvents,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 467–469, 1985.
- P. Venkateswarlu and G. K. Raman, “Excess volumes of ethanoic, propanoic, and butanoic acids with 1,2-dichloroethane and 1,2-dibromoethane,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 180–181, 1985.
- J. H. Hildebrand, “Motions of molecules in liquids: viscosity and diffusivity,” Science, vol. 174, no. 4008, pp. 490–493, 1971.
- R. A. Stairs, “Viscosity of binary solutions of polar liquids,” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 58, pp. 296–301, 1980.
- R. Palepu, J. Oliver, and D. Campbell, “Thermodynamic and transport properties of o-chlorophenol with aniline and N-alkylanilines,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 355–360, 1985.
- D. Papaioannou and C. G. Panayiotou, “Surface tensions and relative adsorptions in hydrogen-bonded systems,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 457–462, 1994.
- J. H. Hildebrand and R. L. Scott, The Solubility of Nonelectrolytes, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1964.