- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 632319, 11 pages
Belief Revision in the GOAL Agent Programming Language
Algorithms, Logic and Graphs Section, Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Technical University of Denmark, Matematiktorvet, Building 303B, 2800 Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
Received 31 May 2013; Accepted 15 July 2013
Academic Editors: C. Kotropoulos, L. Mikhailov, and B. Schuller
Copyright © 2013 Johannes Svante Spurkeland et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. H. Nguyen, “Belief revision in a fact-rule agents belief base,” in Agent and Multi-Agent Systems: Technologies and Applications, A. Håkansson, N. T. Nguyen, L. Ronald Hartung, R. J. Howlett, and L. C. Jain, Eds., vol. 5559 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 120–130, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- J. S. Spurkeland, Using paraconsistent logics in knowledge-based systems [B.Sc. thesis], Technical University of Denmark, 2010.
- J. Villadsen, “Paraconsistent knowledge bases and many-valued logic,” in Proceedings of the International Baltic Conference on Databases and Information Systems (Baltic DB&IS '02), H.-M. Haav and A. Kalja, Eds., vol. 2, pp. 77–90, Institute of Cybernetics at Tallinn Technical University, 2002.
- N. Bessghaier, M. Zargayouna, and F. Balbo, “An agent-based community to manage urban parking,” in Advances on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, Y. Demazeau, J. P. Müller, J. M. C. Rodríguez, and J. B. Pérez, Eds., vol. 155 of Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, pp. 17–22, Springer, Berlin, 2012.
- N. Bessghaier, M. Zargayouna, and F. Balbo, “Management of urban parking: an agent-based approach,” in Artificial Intelligence: Methodology, Systems, and Applications, A. Ramsay and G. Agre, Eds., vol. 7557 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 276–285, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2012.
- H. H. Nguyen, A belief revision system [B.Sc. thesis], University of Nottingham, 2009.
- C. E. Alchourron, P. Gärdenfors, and D. Makinson, “On the logic of theory change: partial meet contraction and revision functions,” The Journal of Symbolic Logic, vol. 50, pp. 510–530, 1985.
- J. Doyle, Truth Maintenance Systems for Problem Solving, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1978.
- N. Alechina, M. Jago, and B. Logan, “Resource-bounded belief revision and contraction,” in Declarative Agent Languages and Technologies III, M. Baldoni, U. Endriss, A. Omicini, and P. Torroni, Eds., vol. 3904 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 141–154, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- N. Alechina, R. H. Bordini, J. F. Hübner, M. Jago, and B. Logan, “Automating belief revision for AgentSpeak,” in Declarative Agent Languages and Technologies IV, M. Baldoni and U. Endriss, Eds., vol. 4327 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 61–77, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- K. V. Hindriks and W. Pasman, GOAL User Manual, 2012.
- K. V. Hindriks, Programming Rational Agents in GOAL, 2011.
- S. Russell and P. Norvig, Artificial Intelligence—A Modern Approach, Pearson Education, 3rd edition, 2010.
- T. M. Behrens, K. V. Hindriks, and J. Dix, “Towards an environment interface standard for agent platforms,” Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 261–295, 2011.
- V. Lifschitz, What Is Answer Set Programming, University of Texas at Austin, 2008.
- C. Baral and M. Gelfond, “Logic programming and knowledge representation,” The Journal of Logic Programming, vol. 19-20, no. 1, pp. 73–148, 1994.
- G. Wagner, “Logic programming with strong negation and inexact predicates,” in Vivid Logic, vol. 764 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 89–110, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1994.