- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Construction Engineering
Volume 2016 (2016), Article ID 3704289, 7 pages
People Centered Innovation: Enabling Lean Integrated Project Delivery and Disrupting the Construction Industry for a More Sustainable Future
1Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
2Welty Building Company, Fairlawn, OH, USA
3Sindik Olson Associates Architecture, Los Angeles, CA, USA
4Velouria Systems LLC, Brighton, MI, USA
Received 18 February 2016; Accepted 17 April 2016
Academic Editor: Eric Lui
Copyright © 2016 William Paolillo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Center for Sustainable Systems, “Commercial Buildings,” Factsheet CSS05-05, University of Michigan, 2015, http://css.snre.umich.edu/css_doc/CSS05-05.pdf.
- H. A. Simon, The Sciences of the Artificial, MIT Press, 3rd edition, 1996.
- J. Stempfle and P. Badke-Schaub, “Thinking in design teams—an analysis of team communication,” Design Studies, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 473–496, 2002.
- R. L. Edgeman and J. K. Eskildsen, “The C4 model of people-centered innovation: culture, consciousness, and customer-centric co-creation,” Journal of Innovation & Business Best Practice, vol. 2012, Article ID 932564, 14 pages, 2012.
- M. J. Bongiorni and I. Cohort, Integrated Project Delivery, 2011.
- D. Baccarini, “The concept of project complexity—a review,” International Journal of Project Management, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 201–204, 1996.
- D. Goleman, Working With Emotional Intelligence, Random House Publishing Group, 2006, http://books.google.com/books?id=9nuVVzkblNgC&pgis=1.
- C. Laszlo and J. S. Brown, Flourishing Enterprise: The New Spirit of Business, Stanford Business Press, Stanford, Calif, USA, 2014.
- D. Goleman, R. E. Boyatzis, and A. McKee, Primal Leadership: Learning to Lead With Emotional Intelligence—Kindle Edition, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2002.
- D. Goleman, Emotional Intelligence: 10th Anniversary Edition—Kindle Edition, Bantam Dell, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- V. U. Druskat and S. B. Wolff, “Building the emotional intelligence of groups,” Harvard Business Review, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 80–164, 2001.
- S. A. Ross, “The economic theory of agency: the principal's problem,” The American Economic Review, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 134–139, 1973.
- K. M. Eisenhardt, “Agency theory: an assessment and review,” Academy of Management Review, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 57–74, 1989.
- P. D. Harrison and A. Harrell, “Impact of ‘adverse selection’ on managers' project evaluation decisions,” Academy of Management Journal, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 635–643, 1993.
- A. Keegan and J. R. Turner, “The management of innovation in project-based firms,” Long Range Planning, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 367–388, 2002.
- S. L. Vargo and R. F. Lusch, “Evolving to a new dominant logic for marketing,” Journal of Marketing, vol. 68, pp. 1–17, 2004.
- C. Teddlie and A. Tashakkori, Foundations of Mixed Methods Research Integrating Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches in the Social and Behavioral Sciences, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif, USA, 2006.
- L. Kimbell, “Rethinking design thinking: part 1,” Design and Culture, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 285–306, 2011.
- J. Saldana, The Coding Manual for Qualitative Researchers, Sage, 2nd edition, 2013.
- K. Charmaz, Constructing Grounded Theory: A Practical Guide Through Qualitative Analysis, Sage, 2006.
- R. E. Boyatzis, “Competencies as a behavioral approach to emotional intelligence,” Journal of Management Development, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 749–770, 2009.
- V. Margolin and R. Buchanan, The Idea of Design, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1995.
- F. Kensing and J. Blomberg, Participatory Design: Issues and Concerns. Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Kluwer Academic, 1998.
- T. Brown, Design Thinking, Harvard Business Review, Boston, Mass, USA, 2008.
- M. A. Glynn and J. Webster, “Refining the nomological net of the adult playfulness scale: personality, motivational, and attitudinal correlates for highly intelligent adults,” Psychological Reports, vol. 72, pp. 1023–1026, 1993.