- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Quality and Reliability Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 808741, 5 pages
A Procedure for the Selection of Single Sampling Plans by Variables Based on Pareto Distribution
1Department of Statistics, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641 014, India
2Department of Statistics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641 046, India
Received 16 December 2012; Revised 13 August 2013; Accepted 20 August 2013
Academic Editor: Yi-Hung Chen
Copyright © 2013 Geetha Sathya Narayanan and Vijayaraghavan Rajarathinam. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. H. Bowker and H. P. Goode, Sampling Inspection by Variables, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1952.
- D. C. Montgomery, Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- G. J. Lieberman and G. J. Resnikoff, “Sampling plans for inspection by variables,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 50, pp. 457–516, 1955.
- E. G. Schilling, Acceptance Sampling in Quality Control, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- D. B. Owen, “One-sided variables sampling plans,” Industrial Quality Control, vol. 22, pp. 450–4456, 1966.
- D. B. Owen, “Variables sampling plans based on the normal distribution,” Technometrics, vol. 9, pp. 417–423, 1967.
- H. C. Hamaker, “Acceptance sampling for percent defective by variables and by attributes,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 139–148, 1979.
- A. J. Duncan, Quality Control and Industrial Statistics, Edited by: R. D. Irwin, Homewood, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1986.
- A. B. L. Srivastava, “Variables sampling inspection for non-normal samples,” Journal of Science and Engineering Research, vol. 5, pp. 145–152, 1961.
- N. G. Das and S. K. Mitra, “The effect of non-normality on plans for sampling inspection by variables,” Sankhya—A, vol. 26, pp. 169–176, 1964.
- D. B. Owen, “Summary of recent work on variables acceptance sampling with emphasis on non-normality,” Technometrics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 631–637, 1969.
- K. Takagi, “On designing unknown-sigma sampling plans based on a wide class of non-normal distributions,” Technometrics, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 669–678, 1972.
- W. C. Guenther, “Variables sampling plans for the poisson and the binomial,” Statistica Neerlandica, vol. 26, pp. 113–120, 1972.
- W. C. Guenther, “LQL like plans for sampling by variables,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 17, pp. 155–157, 1985.
- W. J. Zimmer and I. W. Burr, “Variables sampling plans based on non-normal populations,” Industrial Quality Control, vol. 21, pp. 18–26, 1963.
- M. S. Aminzadeh, “Inverse-gaussian acceptance sampling plans by variables,” Communications in Statistics—Theory and Methods, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 923–935, 1996.
- R. P. Suresh and T. V. Ramanathan, “Acceptance sampling plans by variables for a class of symmetric distributions,” Communications in Statistics—Simulation and Computation, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1379–1391, 1997.
- R. Vijayaraghavan and S. Geetha, “Evaluation of single sampling plans by variables using single parameter gamma distribution,” in Proceedings of the National Conference on Quality Improvement Concepts and their Implementation in Higher Educational Institutions, Amrita University, Coimbatore, India, December 2009.
- R. Vijayaraghavan and S. Geetha, “Procedure for selection of single sampling plans variables based on gamma distribution,” in UGC National Level Staff Seminar on Applied Statistics, Sri Sarada College for Women, Salem, India, December 2009.
- R. Vijayaraghavan and S. Geetha, “Procedure for selection of single sampling plans variables based on Laplace distribution,” in Recent Trends in Statistical Research, pp. 209–218, Publication Division, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, 2010.
- S. Geetha and R. Vijayaraghavan, “Evaluation of single sampling plan by variables based on rayleigh distribution,” in Proceedings of the National Conference on Statistics for Twenty First Century (NCSTC) & Annual Conference of Kerala Statistical Association, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, March 2011.
- S. Geetha and R. Vijayaraghavan, “Selection of single sampling plans by variables based on logistic distribution,” in Proceedings of the UGC Sponsored National Conference on Recent Trends in Statistical and Computer Applications, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, India, March 2011.