- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Molecular Biology International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 839872, 8 pages
The Role of miRNAs as Key Regulators in the Neoplastic Microenvironment
1Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences Department, College of Arts and Sciences, Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
2Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
Received 21 December 2010; Accepted 6 February 2011
Academic Editor: Alessandro Desideri
Copyright © 2011 K. K. Wentz-Hunter and J. A. Potashkin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Indraneel Mittra, Naveen Kumar Nair, and Pradyumna Kumar Mishra, “Nucleic acids in circulation: Are they harmful to the host?,” Journal of Biosciences, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 301–312, 2012.
- Alessandro Allegra, Andrea Alonci, Salvatore Campo, Giuseppa Penna, Annamaria Petrungaro, Demetrio Gerace, and Caterina Musolino, “Circulating microRNAs: New biomarkers in diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of cancer (Review),” International Journal Of Oncology, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 1897–1912, 2012.
- Tetsuji Suda, Hanako Oba, Hiroyuki Takei, Masafumi Kurosumi, Shin-ichi Hayashi, and Yuri Yamaguchi, “ER-activating ability of breast cancer stromal fibroblasts is regulated independently of alteration of TP53 and PTEN tumor suppressor genes,” Biochemical And Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 428, no. 2, pp. 259–263, 2012.
- Nazila Nouraee, Katrien Van Roosbroeck, Mohammad Vasei, Shahriar Semnani, Nader Mansour Samaei, Farshad Naghshvar, Abbas Ali Omidi, George A. Calin, and Seyed Javad Mowla, “Expression, Tissue Distribution and Function of miR-21 in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. e73009, 2013.
- Ping Wu, Luca Agnelli, Brian A. Walker, Katia Todoerti, Marta Lionetti, David C. Johnson, Martin Kaiser, Fabio Mirabella, Christopher Wardell, Walter M. Gregory, Faith E. Davies, Daniel Brewer, Antonino Neri, and Gareth J. Morgan, “Improved risk stratification in myeloma using a microRNA-based classifier,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 162, no. 3, pp. 348–359, 2013.
- Raghu Kalluri, and Sonia A. Melo, “miR-29b moulds the tumour microenvironment to repress metastasis,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 139–140, 2013.
- Paloma del C. Monroig, and George A. Calin, “MicroRNA and Epigenetics: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Opportunities,” Current Pathobiology Reports, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 43–52, 2013.
- Xiaolei Li, Zhiqiang Wu, Xiaobing Fu, and Weidong Han, “A MicroRNA Component of the Neoplastic Microenvironment: Microregulators with Far-Reaching Impact,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Qingbao Cheng, Bin Yi, Aihua Wang, and Xiaoqing Jiang, “Exploring and exploiting the fundamental role of microRNAs in tumor pathogenesis,” Oncotargets and Therapy, vol. 6, pp. 1675–1684, 2013.
- H I Suzuki, A Katsura, H Matsuyama, and K Miyazono, “MicroRNA regulons in tumor microenvironment,” Oncogene, vol. 34, no. 24, pp. 3085–3094, 2014.
- Caroline M. M. Gits, Patricia F. van Kuijk, Jonneke C. W. M. de Rijck, Nikky Muskens, Moniek B. E. Jonkers, Wilfred F. van IJcken, Ron H. J. Mathijssen, Jaap Verweij, Stefan Sleijfer, and Erik A. C. Wiemer, “MicroRNA response to hypoxic stress in soft tissue sarcoma cells: microRNA mediated regulation of HIF3 alpha,” Bmc Cancer, vol. 14, 2014.
- Yinghan Su, Xiaoya Li, Weidan Ji, Bin Sun, Can Xu, Zhaoshen Li, Guojun Qian, and Changqing Su, “Small molecule with big role: MicroRNAs in cancer metastatic microenvironments,” Cancer Letters, vol. 344, no. 2, pp. 147–156, 2014.
- Davide Vigetti, Manuela Viola, Evgenia Karousou, Sara Deleonibus, Konstantina Karamanou, Giancarlo De Luca, and Alberto Passi, “Epigenetics in extracellular matrix remodeling and hyaluronan metabolism,” FEBS Journal, 2014.
- Lyudmila F. Gulyaeva, and Nicolay E. Kushlinskiy, “Regulatory mechanisms of microRNA expression,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 14, no. 1, 2016.
- Finosh G. Thankam, Chandra S. Boosani, Matthew F. Dilisio, Nicholas E. Dietz, and Devendra K. Agrawal, “MicroRNAs Associated with Shoulder Tendon Matrisome Disorganization in Glenohumeral Arthritis,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. e0168077, 2016.