- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 184835, 8 pages
The Clinical Concept of Fibromyalgia as a Changing Paradigm in the Past 20 Years
1Division of Rheumatology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3G 1A4
2Alan Edwards Pain Management Unit, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, QC, Canada H3G 1A4
3Montreal General Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada H3G 1A4
4Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL, USA
Received 20 April 2011; Accepted 25 July 2011
Academic Editor: Chad Boomershine
Copyright © 2012 Mary-Ann Fitzcharles and Muhammad B. Yunus. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Maree T. Smith, and Brendan J. Moore, “Pregabalin for the treatment of fibromyalgia,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 1527–1533, 2012.
- Dilsad Sindel, Ilknur Saral, and Sina Esmaeilzadeh, “Management Approaches in Fibromyalgia Syndrome,” Turkiye Fiziksel Tip Ve Rehabilitasyon Dergisi-Turkish Journal of Physical, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 136–142, 2012.
- Juan Enrique Blümel, Santiago Palacios, Deborah Legorreta, María Soledad Vallejo, and Salvador Sarra, “Is fibromyalgia part of the climacteric syndrome?,” Maturitas, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 87–93, 2012.
- Ausaf Mohammad, John J. Carey, Eoin Storan, Margaret Scarry, Robert J. Coughlan, and John M. Lee, “High prevalence of fibromyalgia in patients with HFE-related hereditary hemochromatosis,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 559–564, 2013.
- Secundino López-Pousa, Josep Garre-Olmo, Manuel de Gracia, Joan Ribot, Laia Calvó-Perxas, and Joan Vilalta-Franch, “Development of a multidimensional measure of fibromyalgia symptomatology: The comprehensive rating scale for fibromyalgia symptomatology,” Journal of Psychosomatic Research, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 384–392, 2013.
- Levent Gurbuzler, Ahmet Inanir, Kursat Yelken, Sema Koc, Ahmet Eyibilen, and Ismail Onder Uysal, “Voice disorder in patients with Fibromyalgia,” Auris Nasus Larynx, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 554–557, 2013.
- A. G. Bushmakin, J. C. Cappelleri, A. B. Chandran, and G. Zlateva, “Evaluation of the fibromyalgia impact questionnaire at baseline as a predictor for time to pain improvement in two clinical trials of pregabalin,” International Journal Of Clinical Practice, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 52–59, 2013.
- Victoria Menzies, Debra E. Lyon, Kellie J. Archer, Qing Zhou, Jenni Brumelle, Kimberly H. Jones, G. Gao, Timothy P. York, and Colleen Jackson-Cook, “Epigenetic Alterations and an Increased Frequency of Micronuclei in Women with Fibromyalgia,” Nursing Research and Practice, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Erik Farin, Antje Ullrich, and Johannes Hauer, “Participation and social functioning in patients with fibromyalgia: development and testing of a new questionnaire,” Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 135, 2013.
- Meltem Vural, Tonguc Demir Berkol, Zeynep Erdogdu, Batuhan Kucukserat, and Cihan Aksoy, “Evaluation of personality profile in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome and healthy controls,” Modern Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 823–828, 2014.
- Mary-Ann Fitzcharles, Emmanowl Rampakakis, Peter A. Ste-Marie, John S. Sampalis, and Yoram Shir, “The Association of Socioeconomic Status and Symptom Severity in Persons with Fibromyalgia,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 1398–1404, 2014.
- Elisa Docampo, Georgia Escaramis, Monica Gratacos, Sergi Villatoro, Anna Puig, Manolis Kogevinas, Antonio Collado, Jordi Carbonell, Javier Rivera, Javier Vidal, Jose Alegre, and Raquel Rabionet, “Genome-wide analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms and copy number variants in fibromyalgia suggest a role for the central nervous system,” Pain, vol. 155, no. 6, pp. 1102–1109, 2014.
- Barbara Gonzalez, Telmo M. Baptista, Jaime C. Branco, and Rosa F. Novo, “Fibromyalgia characterization in a psychosocial approach,” Psychology, Health & Medicine, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Sebastián Moyano, Jorge Guillermo Kilstein, and Cayetano Alegre de Miguel, “Nuevos criterios diagnósticos de fibromialgia: ¿vinieron para quedarse?,” Reumatología Clínica, 2014.
- Alexandra Linnemann, Mattes B. Kappert, Susanne Fischer, Johanna M. Doerr, Jana Strahler, and Urs M. Nater, “The effects of music listening on pain and stress in the daily life of patients with fibromyalgia syndrome,” Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.
- Sala Horowitz, “Current Understanding of Fibromyalgia: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Theories About Causes,” Alternative and Complementary Therapies, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2015.
- Kendall Hartley, Toni Sparks, Jennifer Kawi, and Nancy Nivison Menzel, “Implementation of Health Information Technology in Routine Care for Fibromyalgia: Pilot Study,” Pain Management Nursing, 2015.
- Yi-Hsin Ko, and Debra J. Rose, “A Comparison of Central Sensory Reception and Integration Abilities between Older Females with and without Fibromyalgia: A Pilot Study,” Advances in Aging Research, vol. 04, no. 02, pp. 58–68, 2015.
- Victoria Menzies, and Victoria Menzies, “Fibromyalgia Syndrome: Current Considerations in Symptom Management,” American Journal Of Nursing, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 24–32, 2016.
- Cristina Endrizzi, Carlo Di Pietrantonj, Gabriella D’Amico, Marco Pasetti, Luigi Bartoletti, and Roberto Boccalon, “Dance movement psychotherapy for patients with fibromyalgia syndrome,” Body, Movement and Dance in Psychotherapy, pp. 1–17, 2017.