- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Schizophrenia Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 920485, 12 pages
Schizophrenia as a Disorder of Social Communication
Laboratory of Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry VA Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, Psychiatry 116A, 940 Belmont Street, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Received 20 December 2011; Revised 23 February 2012; Accepted 21 March 2012
Academic Editor: Margaret A. Niznikiewicz
Copyright © 2012 Cynthia Gayle Wible. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Cynthia G. Wible, “Hippocampal temporal-parietal junction interaction in the production of psychotic symptoms: a framework for understanding the schizophrenic syndrome,” Frontiers In Human Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2012.
- Bianca Backasch, Benjamin Straube, Martin Pyka, Farahnaz Klöhn-Saghatolislam, Matthias J. Müller, Tilo T. J. Kircher, and Dirk T. Leube, “Hyperintentionality during automatic perception of naturalistic cooperative behavior in patients with schizophrenia,” Social Neuroscience, pp. 1–16, 2013.
- Michelle K. Jetha, Xin Zheng, Joel O. Goldberg, Sidney J. Segalowitz, and Louis A. Schmidt, “Shyness and Emotional Face Processing in Schizophrenia: An ERP study,” Biological Psychology, 2013.
- Meytal Fischer-Shofty, Simone G. Shamay-Tsoory, and Yechiel Levkovitz, “Characterization of the effects of oxytocin on fear recognition in patients with schizophrenia and in healthy controls,” Frontiers In Neuroscience, vol. 7, 2013.
- Seungjin Choi, Il-Ho Park, Seon-Koo Lee, and Jae-Jin Kim, “Characteristics of Social Perception and their Changes after Treatment in Patients with Schizophrenia Using the Idea of Reference Provoking Task,” Korean Journal of Schizophrenia Research, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 69, 2013.
- Judith M. Ford, Sarah E. Morris, Ralph E. Hoffman, Iris Sommer, Flavie Waters, Simon McCarthy-Jones, Robert J. Thoma, Jessica A. Turner, Sarah K. Keedy, Johanna C. Badcock, and Bruce N. Cuthbert, “Studying Hallucinations Within the NIMH RDoC Framework,” Schizophrenia Bulletin, vol. 40, pp. S295–S304, 2014.
- Dominic H. Ffytche, and Cynthia G. Wible, “From Tones in Tinnitus to Sensed Social Interaction in Schizophrenia: How Understanding Cortical Organization Can Inform the Study of Hallucinations and Psychosis,” Schizophrenia Bulletin, vol. 40, pp. S305–S316, 2014.
- Michael Bodnar, Cindy L. Hovington, Lisa Buchy, Ashok K. Malla, Ridha Joober, and Martin Lepage, “Cortical Thinning in Temporo-Parietal Junction (TPJ) in Non-Affective First-Episode of Psychosis Patients with Persistent Negative Symptoms,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 6, 2014.
- Bernard J. Crespi, and Matthew C. Go, “Diametrical diseases reflect evolutionary-genetic tradeoffs,” Evolution, Medicine, and Public Health, vol. 2015, no. 1, pp. 216–253, 2015.
- Johanna C. Badcock, “A Neuropsychological Approach to Auditory Verbal Hallucinations and Thought Insertion - Grounded in Normal Voice Perception,” Review of Philosophy and Psychology, 2015.
- Salvador M. Guinjoan, Delfina de Achaval, Mirta F. Villarreal, Valeria Abusamra, and Charles B. Nemeroff, “From Semantic to Social Deficits: Dysfunction of the Nondominant Posterior Perisylvian Area in Schizophrenia,” Journal Of Neuropsychiatry And Clinical Neurosciences, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 254–261, 2015.
- Kazuteru Egashira, Koji Matsuo, Mami Nakashima, Toshio Watanuki, Kenichiro Harada, Masayuki Nakano, Toshio Matsubara, Kanji Takahashi, and Yoshifumi Watanabe, “Blunted brain activation in patients with schizophrenia in response to emotional cognitive inhibition: A functional near-infrared spectroscopy study,” Schizophrenia Research, 2015.
- Annick Razafimandimby, Pierre-Yves Hervé, Vincent Marzloff, Perrine Brazo, Nathalie Tzourio-Mazoyer, and Sonia Dollfus, “Functional deficit of the medial prefrontal cortex during emotional sentence attribution in schizophrenia,” Schizophrenia Research, 2016.
- Bernard Crespi, Emma Leach, Natalie Dinsdale, Mikael Mokkonen, and Peter Hurd, “Imagination in human social cognition, autism, and psychotic-affective conditions,” Cognition, vol. 150, pp. 181–199, 2016.